Top 6 Brands

Top 6 Brands  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your top 6 Brands (No more or less than 6 please)

I'm thinking of expanding my retail and in-house menus at my lounge. Of course, I have my favorites, but I cannot speak for anyone but myself. I think carrying the six most popular brands, as determined here, should be enough. (I'm not trying to get every flavor of every brand - too much money and hassle)

Your feedback is most welcome! Let's get this thing going!

Tangiers
Nakhla
Fusion
AF
Layalina
and yes SB

Those are the order I like those in. Tangiers and Nakhla havent done me wrong yet. Fusion is a good washed brand that gives off some of the biggest clouds I've seen. AF has some really good flavors and is relatively cheap. Layalina is a brand I started smoking when I ventured out into other brands and I've always liked it. SB is almost too good to sell in lounges for me.

I have about 15 tupperwares full of tobacco downstairs. it's pretty evenly split between AF, Tangiers, and Nakhla. I have one full of fusion. my two other votes = fumari (good but pricey & layalina)

I am completely surprised by the number of votes for Layalina! I haven't smoked the stuff in a very long time. Perhaps I should try it again given the positive response observed here.

Keep up the feedback, folks. Remember, I have business partners I have to sell my decision to. :P

Layalina is a really good brand it's just been around for so long and hasn't put out any new flavors in a while so it's still under-the-radar. It's the brand that my hookah bar in Tally used as it's regular line, sometimes we cut it with nakhla or hookah-hookah for some of the mixes.

[quote name='ih303' date='10 February 2010 - 06:08 AM' timestamp='1265807333' post='450750']
I am completely surprised by the number of votes for Layalina! I haven't smoked the stuff in a very long time. Perhaps I should try it again given the positive response observed here.

Keep up the feedback, folks. Remember, I have business partners I have to sell my decision to. :P
[/quote]

Yeah Layalina's not bad...given I would never take it over Nak or Tangiers ever..but it's down there on the backup list with romman for me, gets good clouds and tastes decent(usually)

So far, here's what's topping the chart. Starting with the most popular - Tangiers, Nakhla, AF, Starbuzz, Layalina, Romman.

Does this look like a good selection? Would I be covering all my bases with these? Let's see, we have cheap vs expensive, natural vs artificial, washed vs unwashed, high quality vs low quality, am I missing anything?

[quote name='ih303' date='11 February 2010 - 08:42 AM' timestamp='1265899370' post='450922']
So far, here's what's topping the chart. Starting with the most popular - Tangiers, Nakhla, AF, Starbuzz, Layalina, Romman.

Does this look like a good selection? Would I be covering all my bases with these? Let's see, we have cheap vs expensive, natural vs artificial, washed vs unwashed, high quality vs low quality, am I missing anything?
[/quote]

as far as the shisha is concerned, i don't know, but i think your theory behind it is on point. I think Layalina and tangiers are both excellent shishas, a good medium on all factors...tangiers being more expensive, but you are paying more for the more mature flavor and consistency...plus you get more tobacco in a 250 of tangiers than you do in a 250 of layalina :P

[quote name='ih303' date='11 February 2010 - 07:42 AM' timestamp='1265899370' post='450922']

[/quote]

looks like a good list to me..I could live off of those 6 for the rest of my days