Do It Yourself Shisha

thanks, just ordered some off of amazon. 5 something for the 16oz bottle and 5 something for shipping.

I'm thinking maybe tomorrow I'll start phase 1 and start soaking the leaves in the flavoring...either that or sunday

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its going to be epic...I'm psyched about it too...even though its advised that I dont smoke it because of the MAOIs and my medication, I think I'm going to take a few puffs at least to try it out and see if its up to my standards

• 2 weeks later...
attempt one = fail

Overall, it tasted good, tasted like a bland pipe tobacco with a hint of molasses, I liked it

Added the rest of the bottle of flavoring to the mix and put it in the oven for 15minutes. Gonna leave it soak in the juices over the next week while I am home for spring break. If I cant get the flavoring to set in, would people still smoke it if it tastes like pipe tobacco?(aimed at mush, stuie, mattarios, and arcane, our seasoned vets)

[quote name='Arcane' date='04 March 2010 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1267699288' post='455208']
Tyler's right....although, i'd love to try it, i doubt i could force myself to smoke it...
[/quote]

:(

awesome stuie

round two...I added the rest of my flavoring, thats two bottles invested into this batch. I added a lil bit more glycerin. I baked it in the over for half an hour on 250 F. The juices all left the leaves and swelled. I stirred it rigorously. Left it over night and 90% of the fluids reabsorbed into the leaves and made them very very sticky.

Just loaded up the pipe, noticed that this takes higher amounts of heat than I'm used to. I'm using two starlight cocos on a small egyptian...thats how many I usually use on a small phunnel...so if anyone tries this in a small phunnel, will probably need 4-5 coals I'm thinking(this = a fail on my part in my eyes)
Taste = pipe tobacco, really smooth though. If I search my taste buds I can taste the rootbeer very very slightly, hardly at all(I doubt anyone who tries will notice it). I can taste the molasses however.
Possible solution = when I get home, I'm going to buy one more bottle of flavoring if the store has it and spice it up with it.
I think next time I'm going to use less molasses, so that it just barely covers it. Also I wont pretreat the tobacco with flavoring. Next time will also premix some of the molasses with the flavoring and use a lot more flavoring.

There will be a next time...I think I took on a challenge going with the Sacred Tobacco, which is really really potent stuff. Taste is very strong compared to normal pipe tobacco. Thats my problem with getting flavor control.

Like I said, I'm going to add one more bottle of flavoring and give up on flavor after that.

So, are you guys happy with a sweet pipe tobacco flavored moasal?

Glad it worked as well as it did. I am hoping to make a lavender shisha. I have the lavender no I need the other ingredients and a process. would you say your process worked pretty well just need to work on flavor?
Ray

will do, thanks...I'm assuming shipping shouldn't be too bad, prob cost me 10-15 to send out all samples in yellow envelopes, so I'm not too worried about it.

I found out the flavoring problem from the guys of Loveshisha. I consulted them and found out the flavoring I was using is basically a watered down flavoring. I will be redoing the flavoring with good stuff probably tonight. I'll keep you guys posted.

bowl two last night...I squeezed out a lot of the molasses( I went overboard). We mixed good flavoring(me and jordanneff of loveshisha)...lets just say wow this is some strong tobacco! The flavoring hardly took, thats how strong the tobacco is. We smoked and you could just barely taste rootbeer, it mainly tasted like sweet pipe tobacco.

But buzzwise, I we did not get buzzed, rather, we got really spaced out...all of us.

I dig it. Name of this tobacco will be released with the samples