Homemade Non-Tobacco Shisha

Jimbo64

[quote name='Jimbo64' timestamp='1308650625' post='513296']
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1308152018' post='512726']
Yeah but sugar is a known carcinogen, and I know that smoking anything is bad for your health but I really don't want any sugar in my bowl. People should really think if herbal shisha really DOES make for a healthier smoke, or something even worse than tobacco.
[/quote]
You might want to look up where molasses comes from before you run on about sugar. Molasses is the left over byproduct of the sugar manufacturing process. Carmel is nothing more than burned sugar, people eat burnt sugar all the time.
[/quote]

I can't comment on the harmfulness of smoking molasses or sugar, but eating something and inhaling something into your lungs are two different things.
You're right, molasses is a byproduct of the production of sugar, but again, not the same thing as the sugarcane itself, as discussed here:
[quote name='angekfire' timestamp='1308154744' post='512739']
The herbal shisha is made of bagasse which is the leftovers from sugarcane after the juice has been extracted. So you aren't smoking the sugar specifically, just the leftover fibers.
[/quote]

But on the other hand, we are talking about smoking herbal shisha potentially being carcinogenic, and that is a bad thing, but has yet to be researched or proven. As where tobacco which is used in standard shisha has been proven to be carcinogenic. Might be less so than cigarettes, but it is still a carcinogen. So at this point it is an arguement between smoking something that you know is a carcinogen, or smoking something that MAY be a carcinogen.

We obviously acknowledge smoking is not beneficial for your health, no matter what you are smoking.

[quote name='angekfire' timestamp='1308770622' post='513391']
But on the other hand, we are talking about smoking herbal shisha potentially being carcinogenic, and that is a bad thing, but has yet to be researched or proven. As where tobacco which is used in standard shisha has been proven to be carcinogenic. Might be less so than cigarettes, but it is still a carcinogen. So at this point it is an arguement between smoking something that you know is a carcinogen, or smoking something that MAY be a carcinogen.

We obviously acknowledge smoking is not beneficial for your health, no matter what you are smoking.
[/quote]

I agree completely with what you're saying. However, when your average person picks up some herbal shisha or chooses it at a lounge, I think their assumption is that it is not harmful, or at least, much less harmful. I don't think most people think "This may or may not be as harmful as regular shisha", or "I wonder what smoking sugarcane will do to my lungs!"

He said he didnt want sugar in his bowl, I was just pointing out that molasses is sugar, and its the crappiest part of the sugar process. I started this thread, and I dont remember telling anyone it was safe, it was just free from nicotine.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1308787563' post='513416']
[quote name='angekfire' timestamp='1308770622' post='513391']

[/quote]

I agree completely with what you're saying. However, when your average person picks up some herbal shisha or chooses it at a lounge, I think their assumption is that it is not harmful, or at least, much less harmful. I don't think most people think "This may or may not be as harmful as regular shisha", or "I wonder what smoking sugarcane will do to my lungs!" [/quote]

My main interest in herbal is the cost factor. 50g of herbal here: $5. $50 of non-herbal is $14-$20. I actually enjoy the nicotine buzz and am fine with it, it really doesn't bother me.

My interest in making my own is also primarily for the cost difference, but also the ability to create my own flavour blends. Edited by angekfire