American Chopper

manitini

I watched American Chopper for the first time in a year or so last night. Why is that ass hole Paul Jr. still on the show riding his old mans coat tails if he is so pissed off at him?

The old man should buy his ungreatful ass out and send him on down the road to redesign grills and help his girl friend sell pantys.

Must be he has some kind of contract to be on the TV show or some shit.

Paul Jr. Designs: let me bolt some diamond plate and chrome out some parts on your design and call it all mine and original!

i used to watch that but haven't in a long time...so, i'm not sure what you're talking about....care to fill us in the backstory?

unless things have drastically changed, the attitudes between sr and jr are normal...they yell at each other, say each other suck, etc....but, its just the way their relationship is...

[quote name='Arcane' date='09 January 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1263095325' post='444257']
i used to watch that but haven't in a long time...so, i'm not sure what you're talking about....care to fill us in the backstory?

unless things have drastically changed, the attitudes between sr and jr are normal...they yell at each other, say each other suck, etc....but, its just the way their relationship is...
[/quote]

A quick highlight of what is going on:

Jr got pissed at Sr and walked off the job, with TV cameras following. For a few months the TV followed a bike build along with Mikey and Jr not working at the shop. Mikey went into rehab and has just came back around in the past few weeks. Jr, in the mean time, started a "design" company where he takes products and "designs" them. The only work he has done so far is Colman gave him a portable grill and he just slapped diamond plate on it and chromed the knobs, far from redesigning in my opinion. He has some clothing shop that his girlfriend sells chick crap, but I guess that is now out the window, but not too clear on if it is still around or not.

This past week Jr. showed up at the shop with an army of lawyers and accountants to go over every scrap of paper and rat turd they could find, clearly just to piss off Sr.

[quote name='manitini' date='09 January 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1263059034' post='444148']
I watched American Chopper for the first time in a year or so last night. Why is that ass hole Paul Jr. still on the show riding his old mans coat tails if he is so pissed off at him?

The old man should buy his ungreatful ass out and send him on down the road to redesign grills and help his girl friend sell pantys.

Must be he has some kind of contract to be on the TV show or some shit.

Paul Jr. Designs: let me bolt some diamond plate and chrome out some parts on your design and call it all mine and original!
[/quote]

Well your on the right track, following the headlines outside of the show Sr. is actually trying to buy out Jr. because that ability was apparently stipulated in his contract with the company. However Jr. is fighting that claim hence the army of lawyers invading OCC. Sr. has in turn filed a multi million dollar lawsuit against Jr. to try and get things straightened out. I don't blame Jr. for wanting to get the hell out, Sr. is a damn maniac who can't keep a family together. He's already alienated his oldest son and is heading down the road of losing what little he has left in Jr. and Mikey. Unfortunately for Sr. he's got the big name but it was really made through Jr.'s design abilities and I think the bike builds will lose creativity and direction at the end of the day. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to buy a OCC bike that wasn't designed by Jr. or Vinnie. My first choice for a bike purchase from a OCC person would be from V force customs now which is owned and operated by Vinnie and Cody, nice bikes if you havent seen them.

[quote]
My first choice for a bike purchase from a OCC person would be from V force customs now which is owned and operated by Vinnie and Cody, nice bikes if you havent seen them.
[/quote]

I have been wanting to check them out. From what I hear, that is the place for the stuff that used to be known at OCC. I think it was more Vinnie than Jr to be honest. I think the combo of Vinnie and the computer wiz Jason Pool would shut everyone else down. Jr is no hack by any means, but I was starting to think he was getting a bit repetitive.

The sure thing is that OCC only has Rick as for strong long term talent right now.

[quote name='manitini' date='09 January 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1263096934' post='444265']
[quote]
My first choice for a bike purchase from a OCC person would be from V force customs now which is owned and operated by Vinnie and Cody, nice bikes if you havent seen them.
[/quote]

I have been wanting to check them out. From what I hear, that is the place for the stuff that used to be known at OCC. I think it was more Vinnie than Jr to be honest. I think the combo of Vinnie and the computer wiz Jason Pool would shut everyone else down. Jr is no hack by any means, but I was starting to think he was getting a bit repetitive.

The sure thing is that OCC only has Rick as for strong long term talent right now.
[/quote]

Indeed Rick is really the only original member left these days, although I think he should prolly get out while he can and go join Vinnie!!!! And its not like the quality has gone down over at Vforce, same frame supplier, same engines, hell they even use Nub graffix(which have been phased out of OCC now since they have crappy in house paint)

[quote]
Indeed Rick is really the only original member left these days, although I think he should prolly get out while he can and go join Vinnie!!!! And its not like the quality has gone down over at Vforce, same frame supplier, same engines, hell they even use Nub graffix(which have been phased out of OCC now since they have crappy in house paint)
[/quote]

Sounds like old school OCC

OCC is cool, but I think the egos got way too big and gave up on being a custom bike builder and became a corporation.

I always thought the show was a joke......they just order parts out of a catalog and slap it together and call it "custom". Very little fabricating is done. Maybe they cut a fender or a gas tank but thats about it.

Meh but i do think Mikey is f*cking Hilarous