It Has Finally Arrived!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='chinamon' date='08 January 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1262997075' post='444039']
[quote name='mattarios2' date='09 January 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1262996581' post='444034']
[quote name='chinamon' date='08 January 2010 - 07:56 PM' timestamp='1262994977' post='444022']
[quote name='antouwan' date='08 January 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1262994860' post='444021']
[url="http://hookahcompany.com/syrian_to_egyptian_adapter_771_prd1.htm"]http://hookahcompany...er_771_prd1.htm[/url]

just use any head you want, including tang phunnels. i'm going to snag one of these soon so i can put my leb narg to full use, as well as finally be able to use my tang phunnel on it - for some reason i feel like once that goes down, it will smoke better than anything i own.

for some reason, when i called, the folks at HC would not give up the manufacturer, however, matt did say that they were not imported and i remember talking to eric about him making something like this, as well as it looking the same as the unfinished material that the phunnels are made out of. so basically i'm 99.9% sure that these are made by tangiers - $20.00 before the forum code is pretty steep though.
[/quote]

i would totally spend $20 on that, however, HC wont ship to canada.
[/quote]

i can have them ship it to me if you'd like ... will only cost a few bucks because its small to ship it to me. Then I can send it with your shisha imma pick you up in a week or two if you'd like.
[/quote]

ya that sounds like a possibility. we will figure it out . i also need proper grommets for this hookah. i dont like the idea of using cloth tape.
[/quote]

alright, i'll contact you about it when i get back from vaca

[quote name='delSol_si' date='08 January 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1262997350' post='444041']
it'll cost 23 bucks to have it shipped to my residence(including discount and shipping), so if you don't mind paying whatever it costs to ship it to you, i can help you out. But, it sounds like mattarios has a better idea.
[/quote]

yeah only because I am already gonna be shipping him stuff. No hard feelings Tyler :P

That thing is a beauty. Doesn't hurt that it's being shot by a pro either :)

Definitely get us some smoking pics when you break it in!

I will gladly volunteer to be the first member to test this lovely stem [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

Love the detail on that stem man, all we need now is some smoking pics [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/_sheesha2__by_Majunka_aurore.gif[/img]

[b]Fun fact:[/b] The name "Elmas" means "Diamond" in Arabic. The more proper way of saying it is Almas, but still, I think that's what they were aiming for.

Heh its funny, Elma (no S) means Apple in Turkish--as in DA. But the plural is Elmalar, so the Arabic Almaz makes lots of sense...

Also funny, in the pics posted, it seems to have been wrapped up in a Persian language newspaper...bizarre, given they're in İzmir Edited by Hassouni

Very nice pipe buddy, enjoy it. They smoke well, the bowl is a little big for my taste, holds like 25 grams if filled but it works well and you can smoke for a long time. I was lucky enough to get three stems like that recently, one with the papaver ash tray. Didn't get a chance to make pics yet. By the way a strip of wet paper towl, wrap around the male end of the bowl and twist it in. After it dries it will sit there, perfect seal and you'll never need a grommet again. You will need a hose grommet though, the paper towel doesn't seem to work perfectly for that.

1. Hookah Company sells Mya male bowls.
2. Hookah Company also has some Tangiers Male-Female adapters, so you could use a standard bowl on that hookah.
3. The hose port looks unsoldered on the top piece. I've seen some of those in Syrians...I don't know if I trust that. I would hit it with some solder on the top side.
4. Heavy castings. Looks good.

[quote]ya that sounds like a possibility. we will figure it out . i also need proper grommets for this hookah. i dont like the idea of using cloth tape.[/quote]

Cloth works just as well(imo even better) as a grommet. Only problem is you have to replace the cloth every now and then, so a grommet is a little more convenient.

Congratz on the pipe though. I've smoked from a similar one at a shisha bar around here and it's a solid argileh. It has a very easy pull and decent smoke (the smoke could definately have been better, but I blame that on the shisha bar, not the argileh). It's also very sexy imo. So yea, congratz man. :)

[quote name='Sonthert' date='09 January 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1263072710' post='444181']
3. The hose port looks unsoldered on the top piece. I've seen some of those in Syrians...I don't know if I trust that. I would hit it with some solder on the top side.
[/quote]

i was a little concerned about that in the beginning as well so i did the "air leak test" by covering the bowl with one hand and trying to inhale through the hose. absolutely no air leak. i'd rather there be no solder on it at all.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we're all eagerly awaiting a smoke report. :) I've found some sites selling them for not more than, say a KM or Temsah, so they may be great alternatives

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Hassouni' date='21 January 2010 - 09:18 PM' timestamp='1264108727' post='446926']
So have you smoked out of it yet?
[/quote]

actually ya i smoked out of it on tuesday.
the pull isnt as easy as a KM with nammor/razan but i suspect this is because i was using the original turkish hose which has a small opening in the mouth piece.
but it does smoke like a champ!
one day i will have to try it with my nammors.

Definitely let us know when you do, if it hits good and hard, one of those may be my next nargile! If you take the mouthpiece out, does the hose have a wide bore?

[quote name='Hassouni' date='21 January 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1264110754' post='446938']
Definitely let us know when you do, if it hits good and hard, one of those may be my next nargile! If you take the mouthpiece out, does the hose have a wide bore?
[/quote]

cant pull it out. its stuck in there pretty good and i dont want to risk damaging it.
i really dont mind the way it pulls right now. it still smokes good.

[quote name='SultanofSmoke' date='22 January 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1264175697' post='447083']
Hey Chiaman, I'm from Toronto and can take er out for a spin before to make sure "everything is working well" , "tune-it up" and ultimately "make sure its safe for you"

Deal or No Deal?

Hahaha.
[/quote]

no deal!
*puts the box back over the button*

Chinamon, Lucky You, I am expecting my first Elmas Nargile to arrive tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I love these pipes and their hoses. Went mad about them as soon as I discovered the Websites ("Elmas Nargile" for Turkey and "Elmas-originale" from Germany). Two days after finding the webs, per chance, I bought my first (number 632) from the German site, since this is far simpler and better made than the Turkish website. The price of DHL from Germany to Spain seemed also quite interesting. I am just waiting for the package to arrive.
Again Congratulations! Very nice narguile you have. I am pretty sure it will work fine. My two old fashioned Tunisian quality ones, which are quite similar, smoke very well indeed!