Been Wondering Where Nob Has Been..

[quote name='Chiefin' date='29 December 2009 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1262121718' post='442336']
Basically you could bucket every post he ever made into four themes:

1) "Welcome to the forum. Make sure to read the rules here:..."
2) Tangiers and Nakhla something something Tangiers and Nakhla
3) Hookah John > Jesus ([i]No disrespect to John at all, he's gone above and beyond on many occasions for me[/i])
4) Banstick

I'm not the most active poster in the world, but I am on here reading a lot. That guy seriously turned me off of this forum at times. It's nice to have people who love hookah on the forum. BUT it really sucks when they make it their existential canvas for shamelessly pimping products and vendors while riding a self-appointed moral high-horse...
[/quote]

Personally i didnt have a problem with him......yeah his posts became annoying over time though.
But like you said, I dont post nearly as much as he did but im on this forum reading multiple times EVERY DAY, and i love this place and the people in it. The way the whole situation was handled makes me think that maybe it was his time to go? Lets put it behind us and focus on more important things like........ hookah maybe?

[quote name='Sonthert' date='30 December 2009 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1262229354' post='442644']
Me, not make fun of somebody? Rarely I have, but I have been known to.

The rhetorical question posed here, that Rani's framing, is "Who among us is perfect?" The answer which should be clearly understood and acquiesced to is: "Nobody."

See, Rani, I'm different in that respect, maybe I'm unusual. 99% of people don't annoy me. Ever. 1% on the other hand, annoy me frequently. Personality conflict, perhaps. Its on a person-by-person basis. You've never annoyed me, Rani, for instance. Ryno, Mushy, Liquidglass, Shalowlow, rjskillz, Remy, Chefin, all never annoyed me. Just naming some off of this page. It takes a lot to annoy me. Insincerity, inconsideration or dilettantism are the most annoying qualities to me. On the other hand, at the risk of sounding like a self-fulfilling prophecy, almost all the people that I have found to be annoying have at some point decided to pull a stupid.

[b]For instance, everyone bags on Neal[/b], I like the guy just fine. He doesn't annoy me. I don't trust him, [b]I wouldn't loan him my car,[/b] but I don't mind him at all.
[/quote]

I dont trust him with my money :blum2:

[quote name='Sonthert' date='30 December 2009 - 07:15 PM' timestamp='1262229354' post='442644']
Me, not make fun of somebody? Rarely I have, but I have been known to.

The rhetorical question posed here, that Rani's framing, is "Who among us is perfect?" The answer which should be clearly understood and acquiesced to is: "Nobody."

See, Rani, [b]I'm different in that respect, maybe I'm unusual. 99% of people don't annoy me. Ever. 1% on the other hand, annoy me frequently.[/b] Personality conflict, perhaps. Its on a person-by-person basis. You've never annoyed me, Rani, for instance. Ryno, Mushy, Liquidglass, Shalowlow, rjskillz, Remy, Chefin, all never annoyed me. Just naming some off of this page. It takes a lot to annoy me. Insincerity, inconsideration or dilettantism are the most annoying qualities to me. On the other hand, at the risk of sounding like a self-fulfilling prophecy, almost all the people that I have found to be annoying have at some point decided to pull a stupid.

For instance, everyone bags on Neal, I like the guy just fine. He doesn't annoy me. I don't trust him, I wouldn't loan him my car, but I don't mind him at all.
[/quote]

uh oh, now that you said that I feel like I'm in that 1%, well, last month anyway, hope not. see you soon Eric.

I like NoB, the situation -- after being explained -- isn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It's unfortonate that he left and sad that so many people, who probably never even talked to him, are jumping on the anti-NoB bandwagon. There's only been one person on this forum that I absolutely could not stand, and he's gone, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm cool with everyone. I joke, I take jokes, and love to enjoy some slap-stick moments in chat and on some threads. That being said, some things can go too far. Just let people know your limits and it shouldn't be a problem again, if they don't respect your limits, let them know, preferably in a PM, and move on, if it continues, bring it to a mod or better yet, just ignore said person. If people didn't like NoB they could have just not talked to him or read his posts, no one made you do it.

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='31 December 2009 - 02:15 AM' timestamp='1262243719' post='442675']
I like NoB, the situation -- after being explained -- isn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It's unfortonate that he left and sad that so many people, who probably never even talked to him, are jumping on the anti-NoB bandwagon. There's only been one person on this forum that I absolutely could not stand, and he's gone, so as far as I'm concerned, I'm cool with everyone. I joke, I take jokes, and love to enjoy some slap-stick moments in chat and on some threads. That being said, some things can go too far. Just let people know your limits and it shouldn't be a problem again, if they don't respect your limits, let them know, preferably in a PM, and move on, if it continues, bring it to a mod or better yet, just ignore said person. If people didn't like NoB they could have just not talked to him [b]or read his posts, no one made you do it.
[/b][/quote]

Impossible NOT to read his posts. No matter what subforum or thread you were viewing :P
  • Upvote 1

I understand he posted a lot, but agian, you don't want to read his posts, look at the left column as you scroll down, if you see his name, don't read. It's pretty simple.

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='31 December 2009 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1262249878' post='442693']
I understand he posted a lot, but agian, you don't want to read his posts, look at the left column as you scroll down, if you see his name, don't read. It's pretty simple.
[/quote]

X2
it is the internet.

[quote name='HookahJohn' date='31 December 2009 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1262250796' post='442695']
i think this thread should be closed, we've had all opinions represented. i'm not here to bring attention to that forum.
[/quote]

+1

[quote name='Zinite' date='30 December 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1262227773' post='442641']
[quote name='shalowlow' date='30 December 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1262223646' post='442633']
[quote name='Brandon`' date='30 December 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1262223379' post='442631']
Rani, This coming from you, Makes me recall that i'm sure your one of the reasons he left. I remember seeing something you said, I believe u made fun of him and he said I wouldn't of expected that from you Rani, and left. You tryed to tell him that you only joke like that with people you love but i'm sure thats the reason he left I believe.
[/quote]

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

PWNED!
[/quote]

Is that fucking necessary? Like her opinion or not, she posted an articulate response to some of the criticism here. Is "PWNED" the most you can come up with? Show some fucking respect, even if you disagree with her.
[/quote]

wow....

Relax Zinite. Her post was ridiculous because of the above fact. You see...I never said a bad word to NOB the whole time he was here. I actually helped him on some stuff. Meanwhile, some people claiming high and mighty were the ones that got him to leave here in the first place. No one said anything mean to him, but his skin was as thin as a good phylo dough.

I know pwned wasn't the most respectful, grownup response, but her ridiculous, over the top lecture, teaching us how to treat people, speaking down to those who disagree with her, showed much less class than my 5 letter response. I felt that was all she deserved. You obviously didn't get the irony of someone lecturing the masses about how to treat people when she herself was the one that helped pushed him out of here.

Either way, thank you for your post. I read it, understood it, and yet, somehow, it added nothing to the conversation. Good job though.
  • Upvote 4

[quote name='shalowlow' date='31 December 2009 - 10:50 AM' timestamp='1262281819' post='442746']
[quote name='Zinite' date='30 December 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1262227773' post='442641']
[quote name='shalowlow' date='30 December 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1262223646' post='442633']
[quote name='Brandon`' date='30 December 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1262223379' post='442631']
Rani, This coming from you, Makes me recall that i'm sure your one of the reasons he left. I remember seeing something you said, I believe u made fun of him and he said I wouldn't of expected that from you Rani, and left. You tryed to tell him that you only joke like that with people you love but i'm sure thats the reason he left I believe.
[/quote]

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

PWNED!
[/quote]

Is that fucking necessary? Like her opinion or not, she posted an articulate response to some of the criticism here. Is "PWNED" the most you can come up with? Show some fucking respect, even if you disagree with her.
[/quote]

wow....

Relax Zinite. Her post was ridiculous because of the above fact. You see...I never said a bad word to NOB the whole time he was here. I actually helped him on some stuff. Meanwhile, some people claiming high and mighty were the ones that got him to leave here in the first place. No one said anything mean to him, but his skin was as thin as a good phylo dough.

I know pwned wasn't the most respectful, grownup response, but her ridiculous, over the top lecture, teaching us how to treat people, speaking down to those who disagree with her, showed much less class than my 5 letter response. I felt that was all she deserved. You obviously didn't get the irony of someone lecturing the masses about how to treat people when she herself was the one that helped pushed him out of here.

Either way, thank you for your post. I read it, understood it, and yet, somehow, it added nothing to the conversation. Good job though.
[/quote]

You are the winner
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='mushrat' date='29 December 2009 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1262098774' post='442246']
Your received an e-mail tellign you about his new forum, which btw he didn't create, merely helps run, through this forum or did he alreadu have your address?

I am going to be very displeased if people were spammed about the other forum using THIS forum as a platform.
I have had words with the owner of the other forum and he had NOB change the way the rules were written, not entirely to my satisfaction but I'm going to mention it again today. And yes, their banned vendor is a copy of ours and the use of NHT and a bunch of other things.

As to why he left? He left because you (and you know who you is) decided to pretty much ride his ass about enough things that he got tired of the shit and left. Keep that in mind folks.
[/quote]

I got the email as well, I believe somehow the entire forum (or just active members?) were hit. I'm not on any lists, and I don't know NOB.

NOB had his bad days and his good days. To me it seemed he tried being a moderator way to hard, that's the only thing that botherd me other than that. I cant say anything bad about the dude, it's always sad to see a hookah forum brother leave.

[quote name='Brandon`' date='29 December 2009 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1262114288' post='442295']
I have a feeling that i'm about 95% sure on that HookahJohn gave him his mailing list. They are very close so I wouldn't doubt it. Anyone get a email that wasnt on Hj's mailing list? I'm trying not to point fingers but thats the only thing I can think of because they were so close and NOB loved John.
[/quote]

yea i got an email and havent ordered from anyone but hookah john in the last year

[quote name='frost91' date='01 January 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1262409253' post='442897']
[quote name='Brandon`' date='29 December 2009 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1262114288' post='442295']
I have a feeling that i'm about 95% sure on that HookahJohn gave him his mailing list. They are very close so I wouldn't doubt it. Anyone get a email that wasnt on Hj's mailing list? I'm trying not to point fingers but thats the only thing I can think of because they were so close and NOB loved John.
[/quote]

yea i got an email and havent ordered from anyone but hookah john in the last year
[/quote]

John admitted as much. It's John's forum, so he used his mailing list.