Been Wondering Where Nob Has Been..

[quote name='Rani' date='29 December 2009 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1262131955' post='442376']

And being a woman I'm also going say all you testosterone poisoned smoke jockeys get on my nerves now and then. I just keep it to myself until the urge to write flaming epithets dies down. Sitting around claiming you hated him all along just shows you have worse manners than he ever did.

[/quote]

Rani,

I do respect your opinion on the subject, but with all due respect, I would not have said anything if it didn't turn out that he started to mod another forum. I guess it just took me over the edge with this guy. I didn't mention how annoying he is to me before because everyone else seemed to be enjoying the shtick, so far be it from me to complain about it...

Of course I never said I hated him, it's just an internet forum about sheesha, if I look like I do not have any manners, then I apologize, but I just couldn't help myself.

in nob's defense, none of this was planned before he left. he left and i took notice, then i asked him why in an email, so i thought why not? and seriously, why not? he's done here and i never heard him say a bad thing about anyone, he was just offended by the way he was treated.
some of you have said good riddance while others have tried to talk into not leaving. now he's gone, let's just forget him.

sorry i haven't commented on this yet, i was traveling to my buddies for the new years shin dig and he doesn't have internet...i am using Panera's internet right now :P that being said, i probably will be lacking in presence for until i get back.

NoB is a nice guy. I think he made some mistakes, but that doesn't mean he is a bad guy. I am disappointed in his actions, but i still like him and would like to see him come back, but i doubt that will happen. And honestly, from talking to him, he has a good grasp on life, but like Rani said, everyone makes bad decisions, this was just one for NoB, nothing more, which is why i personally would still like to see him come back.

I exchanged some personal emails with him and it wasn't just the shit giving that pissed him off. At first, I was thinking "what a pussy, grow some balls and take some shit" but then he explained that it was more than that. He felt as though he was wasting his time here because he didn't feel like people were taking him serious. I don't know all the details about that, but i personally don't blame him for being mad if he didn't feel like people were taking him seriously.

I got an e-mail from that other forum, i was kinda annoyed at first and was about to bring it up in the mod section because i thought NoB was poaching HF members, but decided to wait a couple days and see if i could find some more info on it, but looks like shit hit the fan before that happened.

I also noticed all that stuff stolen off HF, but forgot to bring it up to mush (my mistake, sorry mush)

I hope people don't judge NoB's character on this one event, if you really talk to him and get to know him, you will know he is a good person, he has given me a lot of good advice and will still be missed by me.

[quote name='Rani' date='29 December 2009 - 04:12 PM' timestamp='1262131955' post='442376']
My view........

Anyone owning a business should have a website. If it's anything with a learning curve - hobby, educational, fine arts, whatever - it would logically include a forum. I would never under any circumstances blame a business owner for having a website and forum to grow their business - that's what business owners are supposed to be doing. Part of that is using information given to you including your email listing to promote that growth.

John, you did nothing wrong that I can see. NOB gave at least the appearance of acting shady in his actions of taking information directly off this forum after leaving in an unhappy mood. That doesn't mean that this forum couldn't be the example to follow, but he should have spoken to you about his intentions and asked permission from Mush and the other admins before taking the route he did. It is what it is, everybody makes mistakes, and I assume he's learned from this one. It certainly doesn't effect my view of you as one of my primary vendors of choice.

I don't approve of his actions and it's my nature to distance myself from people who constantly shoot themselves in the foot because I choose not to be around for the ricochets. Having said that, I don't think the continued bashing of his character has any valid purpose or justification. People aren't perfect and everybody screws up now and then.

[b]And being a woman I'm also going say all you testosterone poisoned smoke jockeys get on my nerves now and then. I just keep it to myself until the urge to write flaming epithets dies down. Sitting around claiming you hated him all along just shows you have worse manners than he ever did.[/b]

'Rani
[/quote]

way to add your own spin. no one ever said they hated him. far from that.

how is it fair to say you can have an opinion of the guy, but only if it was good.

i found him annoying, i guess i was wrong for formulating my own opinion on the matter.

[quote name='Scoop' date='29 December 2009 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1262141678' post='442403']
My view........

Anyone owning a business should have a website. If it's anything with a learning curve - hobby, educational, fine arts, whatever - it would logically include a forum. I would never under any circumstances blame a business owner for having a website and forum to grow their business - that's what business owners are supposed to be doing. Part of that is using information given to you including your email listing to promote that growth.

John, you did nothing wrong that I can see. NOB gave at least the appearance of acting shady in his actions of taking information directly off this forum after leaving in an unhappy mood. That doesn't mean that this forum couldn't be the example to follow, but he should have spoken to you about his intentions and asked permission from Mush and the other admins before taking the route he did. It is what it is, everybody makes mistakes, and I assume he's learned from this one. It certainly doesn't effect my view of you as one of my primary vendors of choice.

I don't approve of his actions and it's my nature to distance myself from people who constantly shoot themselves in the foot because I choose not to be around for the ricochets. Having said that, I don't think the continued bashing of his character has any valid purpose or justification. People aren't perfect and everybody screws up now and then.

[b]And being a woman I'm also going say all you testosterone poisoned smoke jockeys get on my nerves now and then. I just keep it to myself until the urge to write flaming epithets dies down. Sitting around claiming you hated him all along just shows you have worse manners than he ever did.[/b]

'Rani
[/quote]

how is it fair to say you can have an opinion of the guy, but only if it was good.

i found him annoying, i guess i was wrong for formulating my own opinion on the matter.
[/quote]

Discretion should be the better part of common sense. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but nobody needs to go around shouting it from the rooftops. Did your mother never tell you that if you can't say something good about someone then just hush up?

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' date='29 December 2009 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1262142174' post='442406']
[quote name='Scoop' date='29 December 2009 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1262141678' post='442403']
My view........

'Rani
[/quote]

[/quote]

Discretion should be the better part of common sense. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but nobody needs to go around shouting it from the rooftops. Did your mother never tell you that if you can't say something good about someone then just hush up?

'Rani
[/quote]

Maybe that is why at least a few of us never stirred the pot when he was around despite his song and dance... Looks like a new high horse just showed up. Edited by vin13

Nobody was contacted on Hookah Forum about the new Forum, though right?

As far as my Forum goes, most of us love Hookah Forum, some not as much, but we definitely don't mean any harm, the brain-trust is more of an alternate spin-off to the Hookah Forum, We're not like those other hostile Forums by any means. We don't harbor any grudge against anybody HF or otherwise. Our rules differ substantially, to be sure.

Thanks Mush and John for clearing everything up.

John you didn't lose my trust but next time I get an email that you wrote up just say "hookah john" at the bottom and it's all golden lol

As far as the other forum, much like tangiers.us I have no problem with it being in existence as everyone needs their own thing. BUT the copying of the rules is what set off my BS alarm and made me suspicious. Without some of copied stuff I would have been like "cool" and closed the page lol.

can we not get our knickers in a wad here. You don't like him, fine, you like him, fine. Apparently he was on chat trashing HF before all this went down, If he can express his opinions, people can do the same here. Positive or Negative. So says *I*.

I liked the guy, but he did get a bit annoying, just like some of you can get a bit annoying. My only thought is that there was a reason we never made him aguest mod. I guess our thoughts on this have been proven correct, sorry John. ;)

[quote name='mushrat' date='30 December 2009 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1262182395' post='442518']
can we not get our knickers in a wad here. You don't like him, fine, you like him, fine. Apparently he was on chat trashing HF before all this went down, If he can express his opinions, people can do the same here. Positive or Negative. So says *I*.

I liked the guy, but he did get a bit annoying, just like some of you can get a bit annoying. My only thought is that there was a reason we never made him aguest mod. I guess our thoughts on this have been proven correct, sorry John. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"][size="4"][color="#4b0082"]Some of us get annoying? LOL! I swear Mush, sometimes I think you have the patience of Job! I'll bet you feel like a camp counselor at a camp for special needs teenagers! :P[/color][/size][/font]

You know, I'm kind of sad to see him go. Remember, a forum member lost is 1 member less to chat to.

Why did you find him so annoying? If you didn't like his posts, I'm pretty sure this forum has an ignore button.

All the best to HJ and his forum, I hope it brings you many years of business

[quote name='vin13' date='29 December 2009 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1262149604' post='442424']
[quote name='Rani' date='29 December 2009 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1262142174' post='442406']
My view........

'Rani
[/quote]

[/quote]

'Rani
[/quote]

Maybe that is why at least a few of us never stirred the pot when he was around despite his song and dance... Looks like a new high horse just showed up.
[/quote]

This. Exactly.

This is the last statement I'm going to make on the subject....... Even at the risk of being on a "high horse", though I think those that actually know me know differently. A few of you got my point/joke about everyone getting on my nerves at times - some of you haven't yet looked up and seen it zooming right over your heads. Oh well......

It's not a matter or being self-righteous, it's a matter of facing the reality that nobody is perfect. Least of all me. There are several hundred members of this forum. With several hundred members you have several hundred personalities equating to several billion combinations of personality traits, at any given time about half of Forum members are annoying to the other half. Anybody remember the first stone principle? I simply see no reason to attack someones basic character based on the few minutes we spend in their presence on a forum. NOB screwed up. He pissed quite a few people off with something he did. Pissed me off too. But I happen believe when someone pisses you off, you should respond to the action, not diminish them as a person. Or did the last time your wife or girlfriend called you a stupid or selfish son of a bitch because you forget something make sense to you?

I would suggest that there are two people on this forum that everyone respects and admires above all others: Eric and Mush. Have you ever heard either one of them sink to the level of attacking someones character or actually gloating when the person was gone? Even when that person was Neal? No? Could it be because as adults and business owners who have to deal with so many different personalities, they've come to the conclusion that at times in your life you just might have to pony up and actually work with people you don't necessarily get along with? And if we respect and admire these people wouldn't we want to emulate their behavior and actions?

It's not necessary to diminish ourselves as adults by advertising to everyone we can that we never liked them. When we do that, we don't do shit to the person we're speaking against - we just look like childish assholes ourselves who can't get along with different personalities. Wow, that's going to look good on your next employment evaluation......"Doesn't work well with others of differing personality traits."

What's more, if someone is consistently annoying, how about instead of driving them away and gloating about it, we took the straight up and more adult approach of actually talking to them? Did anyone ever actually PM NOB and say...."Hey dude, I don't know if you realize it, but................" No? How about having more conversations with them and discovering that maybe they're not the person you think they are based on the emotionless typing across a computer screen?

There's someone here who constantly used to annoy the hell out of me. If I said something was white, they said it was black. And they absolutely had to reply to everything I wrote anywhere. Guess what? Seems when I actually calmed down and continued the conversations, we were both entirely missing what the other was actually saying. So here I was all annoyed for no reason. Is this person ever going to be my best friend? Probably not, but I'm willing to accept that they don't have to be and they are someone I will continue to come across and need to work well with within the context of this forum. Otherwise, we're the assholes mouthing off and making trouble for the mods, and you guys are being entertained by the drama. World peace and the cure for cancer are not going to be lost if I don't insist that I'm right and they're annoying.

I've finally run out of rant..... Some people are never going to get it. And I'm sure there are a lot more that already do.

'Rani
  • Upvote 3

That entire essay seems largely unnecessary as it isn't like we were making a big deal out if disliking NOB.. this is a thread about him and his antics, and we merely stated that we didn't care for the guy. I dont think that really has anything to do with being an adult; sure I could see the rant being justified if this thread was getting out of hand with NOB hate but it really hasnt at all... The worst that was said is that he was a post-whore; which, lets face it, it's true... Edited by Remy
  • Upvote 4

Rani, This coming from you, Makes me recall that i'm sure your one of the reasons he left. I remember seeing something you said, I believe u made fun of him and he said I wouldn't of expected that from you Rani, and left. You tryed to tell him that you only joke like that with people you love but i'm sure thats the reason he left I believe.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Brandon`' date='30 December 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1262223379' post='442631']
Rani, This coming from you, Makes me recall that i'm sure your one of the reasons he left. I remember seeing something you said, I believe u made fun of him and he said I wouldn't of expected that from you Rani, and left. You tryed to tell him that you only joke like that with people you love but i'm sure thats the reason he left I believe.
[/quote]

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

PWNED!

[quote name='shalowlow' date='31 December 2009 - 01:40 AM' timestamp='1262223646' post='442633']
[quote name='Brandon`' date='30 December 2009 - 05:36 PM' timestamp='1262223379' post='442631']
[/quote]

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

PWNED!
[/quote]

+34673850856485469864086740485

There is no excuse for what he did after he left but what made him leave in the first place?

Yes we can all end off to the conclusion that he didnt have big enough balls..but people with there shitty remarks just pissed him off! I dont blame the guy!

[quote name='shalowlow' date='30 December 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1262223646' post='442633']
[/quote]

PWNED!
[/quote]

Is that fucking necessary? Like her opinion or not, she posted an articulate response to some of the criticism here. Is "PWNED" the most you can come up with? Show some fucking respect, even if you disagree with her.
  • Upvote 3

Me, not make fun of somebody? Rarely I have, but I have been known to.

The rhetorical question posed here, that Rani's framing, is "Who among us is perfect?" The answer which should be clearly understood and acquiesced to is: "Nobody."

See, Rani, I'm different in that respect, maybe I'm unusual. 99% of people don't annoy me. Ever. 1% on the other hand, annoy me frequently. Personality conflict, perhaps. Its on a person-by-person basis. You've never annoyed me, Rani, for instance. Ryno, Mushy, Liquidglass, Shalowlow, rjskillz, Remy, Chefin, all never annoyed me. Just naming some off of this page. It takes a lot to annoy me. Insincerity, inconsideration or dilettantism are the most annoying qualities to me. On the other hand, at the risk of sounding like a self-fulfilling prophecy, almost all the people that I have found to be annoying have at some point decided to pull a stupid.

For instance, everyone bags on Neal, I like the guy just fine. He doesn't annoy me. I don't trust him, I wouldn't loan him my car, but I don't mind him at all.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Zinite' date='30 December 2009 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1262227773' post='442641']
[quote name='shalowlow' date='30 December 2009 - 06:40 PM' timestamp='1262223646' post='442633']
[/quote]

PWNED!
[/quote]

Is that fucking necessary? Like her opinion or not, she posted an articulate response to some of the criticism here. Is "PWNED" the most you can come up with? Show some fucking respect, even if you disagree with her.
[/quote]

What does that make this post? Food for thought.
  • Upvote 1