Been Wondering Where Nob Has Been..

Wow, I really wanted to say something about this for the longest time, but all of you seemed to like him so much that I just kept my mouth shut....

I know that this thread isn't made to bash him but come on, I just gotta say it! He was irritating as heck. He would constantly remind people to read the rules and post ban pics as if he was a mod...he always talked about how much he loved the forum but left to smoke "cigars"...he had no idea what he was doing but would offer advice (most of the time wrong advice) just to post...and he would post on every single other thread multiple times and cry and bitch when someone called him a post whore...

I don't really care that he's gone, I'm actually glad...he really did annoy the crap out of me for some reason. It's funny that he made his own forum...but not surprising.

[quote name='shalowlow' date='29 December 2009 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1262114399' post='442297']
Wow, I really wanted to say something about this for the longest time, but all of you seemed to like him so much that I just kept my mouth shut....

I know that this thread isn't made to bash him but come on, I just gotta say it! He was irritating as heck. He would constantly remind people to read the rules and post ban pics as if he was a mod...he always talked about how much he loved the forum but left to smoke "cigars"...he had no idea what he was doing but would offer advice (most of the time wrong advice) just to post...and he would post on every single other thread multiple times and cry and bitch when someone called him a post whore...

I don't really care that he's gone, I'm actually glad...he really did annoy the crap out of me for some reason. It's funny that he made his own forum...but not surprising.
[/quote]

+1. I feel the same way...

[quote name='mushrat' date='29 December 2009 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1262098774' post='442246']
Your received an e-mail tellign you about his new forum, which btw he didn't create, merely helps run, through this forum or did he alreadu have your address?

I am going to be very displeased if people were spammed about the other forum using THIS forum as a platform.
I have had words with the owner of the other forum and he had NOB change the way the rules were written, not entirely to my satisfaction but I'm going to mention it again today. And yes, their banned vendor is a copy of ours and the use of NHT and a bunch of other things.

As to why he left? He left because you (and you know who you is) decided to pretty much ride his ass about enough things that he got tired of the shit and left. Keep that in mind folks.
[/quote]

me? probably was...no secrete i didnt like him...he was a post whore with limited knowledge of what he was posting. I didnt like that he was the "rules guy" probably half of his posts were "read the rules" or "buy from john" (not that john is a bad vendor we all love him but there are more places to buy then him). For being so up on the rules i remember when he was banned, and how many regulars were like THANK YOU he was annoying and will not be missed by me.

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/thewave.gif[/img]

I never personally had a problem with NOB b/c he seemed to have his own thing but it wasn't hurting anyone so it was fine with me (even if he did fill up my inbox with alerts lol) But I do have a problem with him taking to another forum so quickly it what it seems an attempt to clone this forum and modify it to his liking. So he doesn't have a problem with how it's run here but it seems more like he couldn't put up with some good hearted ribbing (which is all i saw, there may have been otherwise) but most of all couldn't stand not having a position of power. But if moderating over 100 people satisfies whatever complex he's got going on then cool good for him.

Many of you are wondering about the email, if you had taken a second to read you would have seen this:

[quote]This email was sent by Royal Hookah Forum, 73 Hookah Way, Hookahland, MO 64111, using Express Email Marketing. You were added to this list as (insert email here) on 12/27/2009.
Express Email Marketing supports permission-based email marketing. You can change your preferences or unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.[/quote]

Which means a mailing list or hookah vendor uses a company that resells mailing lists based on areas of interest. so the only bad guy it would seem is the person who bought the list then claimed it was word of mouth lol

[quote name='shalowlow' date='29 December 2009 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1262114399' post='442297']

[/quote]

THIS!

[quote name='shalowlow' date='29 December 2009 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1262114399' post='442297']

[/quote]

+1

what annoyed me most was that he had to gloat in every ban post.. That he's now making a cheap copy of this forum is just sad..

Basically you could bucket every post he ever made into four themes:

1) "Welcome to the forum. Make sure to read the rules here:..."
2) Tangiers and Nakhla something something Tangiers and Nakhla
3) Hookah John > Jesus ([i]No disrespect to John at all, he's gone above and beyond on many occasions for me[/i])
4) Banstick

I'm not the most active poster in the world, but I am on here reading a lot. That guy seriously turned me off of this forum at times. It's nice to have people who love hookah on the forum. BUT it really sucks when they make it their existential canvas for shamelessly pimping products and vendors while riding a self-appointed moral high-horse...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='29 December 2009 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1262103878' post='442262']
I never got an email... Well, I did, from NOB, but it was in a response to me trying to get him to come back to HF... I had sent him a few emails asking him to come back and telling him how much everyone on here missed him, and he replied back something like "Hey man thanks for the emails, but I'm gonna stay away from HF for a while. Here's my new forum blah blah blah... go check it out. Just make sure to not post it on HF, they don't like talk of other forums." I went and checked it out, saw what it was all about, noticed the straight copying/pasting of the rules, banned vendors and such directly from Mush, posted a few sarcastic posts here and there, and haven't been on there since. Probably going to delete my account on there. It looks like it's going to be another forum all about the drama eventually (it was supposedly created to escape Neal's wrath, if you do some research on youtube, look up THK's vids).

I still liked NOB, up until he came onto HF Chat just to ask for the link to Tinychat, then left. That left me feeling used. He came onto the Tinychat just to complain about HF and talk about his new forum. I asked him about the copying/pasting of the rules/banned vendors, and also why he created the same threads on his new forum as he created on HF here. He ignored the first part and answered the second part with "They're my threads, I can post them wherever." Well, that's fine, he's right. But it shows me that he's just trying to make his new forum exactly like HF, all of his threads included.

I wasn't going to tell everyone all this, but I decided to anyway because I'm tired of seeing all of the "I want Tony back!" status updates on the homepage. He left HF because he doesn't have a thick enough skin (although I think everyone could've slimmed down on the jokes) and tried taking HF rules and everything with him, which is wrong against Mush. I no longer have any desire to have him back now. He's been banned anyway for taking Mush's stuff...

I love HF. It's like my home. Every other forum just doesn't feel right. I love how this place avoids the drama and doesn't even allow such asshatery. HF FOR LIFE!
[/quote]

I totally agree with this if your gonna steal n rip off HF you don't deserve to be missed at all lots of people put effort n time in to making this forum what it is n to disrespect them in the manner that has taking place is childish n wrong!

[quote name='Brandon`' date='29 December 2009 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1262114288' post='442295']
I have a feeling that i'm about 95% sure on that HookahJohn gave him his mailing list. They are very close so I wouldn't doubt it. Anyone get a email that wasnt on Hj's mailing list? I'm trying not to point fingers but thats the only thing I can think of because they were so close and NOB loved John.
[/quote]

Negative. I get John's newsletter, but did not get an email about the new forum. My girlfriend doesn't get John's newsletter, and got the email.

OK...here's the deal.

The forum was originally set up by John of hookahjon when he started having issues with the 2 other forums. Being a retailer he set the place up in the event he ran out of other forums to post on as Neal continues to buy them up and wreck them. Bearing in mind there are several retail sites with their own forum including our own beloved Tangiers.

He Got The King of Hookahs to do some stuff for him but realized he's probably need an experienced person to help him run it because, like our own owners, he doesn' have time to do the day to day crap that comes with running a forum. So when NOB left here he asked if he could help John with his. John said sure. John DIDN'T realize NOB was going to steal our stuff for the site and took care of it as soon as I told him. John has been in constant contact with me since the shit hit the fan.

This was NOT an attempt to usurp this forum or recruit our members.You'll notice HE never mentioned it here.

As for the e-mails, they were generated by John himself from his customer list. Many people not on the forum here got the same letter so it wasn't a targeted attempt to take our members.

John will be posting next to answer any questions.

ok, thanks Mush for posting that. I have been reading this thread since it started and have been eager to clear the air, so here it is,
Everything Mush said is true. I can go into detail and I would take up a few pages but will keep it short.
A "youtube" reviewer asked me to sponsor him, i said no at first since i make my own videos and didn't need to sponsor anyone. Then I reviewed this persons YT account and noticed he had quite a followng. I thought he would be perfect to start his own forum since he's not an active member here or elsewhere. I backed his forum and gave him the reigns. I NEVER approached anyone from any forums about this. I saw that this person needed help and it was at the same time I discovered NOB was unhappy here. NOB is a customer and has never asked for anything for free nor have i given him anything free (other than goodies that all of you get occasionally). I asked him if he would be interested in running it and he agreed. I figured no conflict right? He made his decision to leave and he would be a perfect candidate. (image i scouted an active member how bad that would be)
Now, he made a bad decision by copying the rules from here and when it was brought to my attention I asked him to fix it which he did, no questions asked.
Now, where I really shot myself in the foot. I used my own customer email list to make an announcement a couple days back. I made it short to announce the site. This was looked at as spam and I agree, mainly because I was my own schill.
I want to make the following clear. I am not trying to compete with HF or any other forum. These forums are run by people with their own agenda's and have been very generous in allowing us vendors to post. They won't accept just any vendor. The do have the right to do away with us at anytime and I have seen it at forums bought up by the worst vendor in the industry (i know you're reading toothie) He has a major grudge against me to say the least and will stop at nothing to destroy me. I just want a place where I can be safe if more was to happen in the future.
In addition, I didn't target people on this or any other forum. Please don't feel like I am asking you to join there as an HF member.
I will not bite the hand that feeds me, meaning mushrat. Thanks for your support on this one. There are at least 4 forums/blogs that are vendor owned that I know of. Why not have one of my own?
I see why there is so much anger but it wasn't my intention. I apologize for the email that was sent. I hope you understand and feel free to discuss more or ask me any questions and voice your opinions.
Thanks for reading,
John

Thanks for clearing all that up, Mush. That makes me feel bad for looking down upon the new forum. It would seem that John's heart is in the right place... Just that NOB kind of went and ruined shit for him. NOB never mentioned anything about this new forum being started for John... I looked at THK's vids and WhiteBoy's vids and thought that it was created simply to get away from Neal. Perhaps it'll turn out to be a good forum someday, but my home is still here. I wish John all the luck with it, though. I know this forum will always remain unscathed by Neal's wrath, lol. Hopefully the new one will as well. I'll keep my account over there, but probably won't visit often. My apologies to John for any comments on my part.

I think everyone would agree all's cool now that everything's been explained... Guess just with the way things went down nobody knew what was going on and stuff. Thanks for clearing it all up, John. Still a loyal customer. I wish you luck with your forum.

[quote name='HookahJohn' date='29 December 2009 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1262128684' post='442366']
thanks inc, i have really lost sleep over this as i feel like i could have lost alot of trust and not only that but mush could have very easily taken this is "wow good for you, good luck with your own site, buh bye" which he didn't, thanks mush
[/quote]

I don't mind you using your email list John. Next time, just make it clear that it's coming from you. I think there are too many forums at the moment anyways... not sure why we would need yet another one. If anything, I would be glad to see a Hookahjohn Blog that we could all follow.

Glad to see this sort of cleared up.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='29 December 2009 - 01:15 PM' timestamp='1262128551' post='442365']
I think everyone would agree all's cool now that everything's been explained... Guess just with the way things went down nobody knew what was going on and stuff. Thanks for clearing it all up, John. Still a loyal customer. I wish you luck with your forum.
[/quote]

RIOT! RIOT! RIOT! RIOT!

ANARCHY!!! AAAAAAAANARCHY!!!!

HACK THE PLANET!!! HACK THE PLANET!!!

No, I can't stop yelling, 'cause that's how I talk! Haven't you seen my movies? "Juice" That was a good one! "Deep Blue Sea" They ate me!

wooooo...i'm better now...HF > All other forums

My view........

Anyone owning a business should have a website. If it's anything with a learning curve - hobby, educational, fine arts, whatever - it would logically include a forum. I would never under any circumstances blame a business owner for having a website and forum to grow their business - that's what business owners are supposed to be doing. Part of that is using information given to you including your email listing to promote that growth.

John, you did nothing wrong that I can see. NOB gave at least the appearance of acting shady in his actions of taking information directly off this forum after leaving in an unhappy mood. That doesn't mean that this forum couldn't be the example to follow, but he should have spoken to you about his intentions and asked permission from Mush and the other admins before taking the route he did. It is what it is, everybody makes mistakes, and I assume he's learned from this one. It certainly doesn't effect my view of you as one of my primary vendors of choice.

I don't approve of his actions and it's my nature to distance myself from people who constantly shoot themselves in the foot because I choose not to be around for the ricochets. Having said that, I don't think the continued bashing of his character has any valid purpose or justification. People aren't perfect and everybody screws up now and then.

And being a woman I'm also going say all you testosterone poisoned smoke jockeys get on my nerves now and then. I just keep it to myself until the urge to write flaming epithets dies down. Sitting around claiming you hated him all along just shows you have worse manners than he ever did.

'Rani

[quote name='Chiefin' date='29 December 2009 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1262121718' post='442336']
Basically you could bucket every post he ever made into four themes:

1) "Welcome to the forum. Make sure to read the rules here:..."
2) Tangiers and Nakhla something something Tangiers and Nakhla
3) Hookah John > Jesus ([i]No disrespect to John at all, he's gone above and beyond on many occasions for me[/i])
4) Banstick

I'm not the most active poster in the world, but I am on here reading a lot. That guy seriously turned me off of this forum at times. It's nice to have people who love hookah on the forum. BUT it really sucks when they make it their existential canvas for shamelessly pimping products and vendors while riding a self-appointed moral high-horse...
[/quote]

Amen and good riddance.