Been Wondering Where Nob Has Been..

Well I recently received a email about a new Hookah Forum, Don't want to discuss it to much because it's against the rules, I'm probaly going to far just telling you guys about it but it seems NOB Is the owner/creator of that forum. Thats right, Our Beloved Nights Of Baghdad has left us and made his own forum, of course the first thing I see when I go there is Hookah John as advertisements.. Still wont leave HookahForum for any other forum. Thought I would let you guys know.

I would have no problem being a member of multiple forums- but that forum is an obvious and complete ripoff of this. Just read the rules and it is obvious the goal is to just be Hookah Forum 2.0- but why fix something that isn't broken? No thanks... seems like some internet immaturity I don't want to participate in.

So [i]that's[/i] what the e-mail was about. I wondered who that was who sent me that. I guess I'm glad I didn't look at it. I wonder what prompted him to try to steal this forum and create his own.[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]

Your received an e-mail tellign you about his new forum, which btw he didn't create, merely helps run, through this forum or did he alreadu have your address?

I am going to be very displeased if people were spammed about the other forum using THIS forum as a platform.
I have had words with the owner of the other forum and he had NOB change the way the rules were written, not entirely to my satisfaction but I'm going to mention it again today. And yes, their banned vendor is a copy of ours and the use of NHT and a bunch of other things.

As to why he left? He left because you (and you know who you is) decided to pretty much ride his ass about enough things that he got tired of the shit and left. Keep that in mind folks.

[quote name='Brandon`' date='29 December 2009 - 10:16 AM' timestamp='1262070973' post='442208']
Well I recently received a email about a new Hookah Forum, Don't want to discuss it to much because it's against the rules, I'm probaly going to far just telling you guys about it but it seems NOB Is the owner/creator of that forum. Thats right, Our Beloved Nights Of Baghdad has left us and made his own forum, of course the first thing I see when I go there is Hookah John as advertisements.. Still wont leave HookahForum for any other forum. Thought I would let you guys know.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"][size="4"][color="#4b0082"]Life is too short for bad shisha or silly people. I can't say anything bad about Tony, I liked his humor and he treated me respectfully. Too bad, I will miss him here but I won't join another forum, MUSH is my main man! [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/perfect10.gif[/img] [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='mushrat' date='29 December 2009 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1262098774' post='442246']
Your received an e-mail tellign you about his new forum, which btw he didn't create, merely helps run, through this forum or did he alreadu have your address?

I am going to be very displeased if people were spammed about the other forum using THIS forum as a platform.
I have had words with the owner of the other forum and he had NOB change the way the rules were written, not entirely to my satisfaction but I'm going to mention it again today. And yes, their banned vendor is a copy of ours and the use of NHT and a bunch of other things.

As to why he left? He left because you (and you know who you is) decided to pretty much ride his ass about enough things that he got tired of the shit and left. Keep that in mind folks.
[/quote]

My girlfriend got an email, but I didn't. Not sure where they got their mailing list from...

[quote name='Zinite' date='29 December 2009 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1262101220' post='442252']
[quote name='mushrat' date='29 December 2009 - 07:59 AM' timestamp='1262098774' post='442246']

[/quote]

My girlfriend got an email, but I didn't. Not sure where they got their mailing list from...
[/quote]

Yeah, I was really surprised when I saw that email come to my school email address rather than my typical spam-filled gmail. I have my school address listed on this forum though, mm I wonder how they got it though, it's private. o.0

[quote name='mushrat' date='29 December 2009 - 09:59 AM' timestamp='1262098774' post='442246']

[/quote]

I also reveived an e-mail. As soon as saw the e-mail I thought, they got my e-mail address from this forum or from one of the vendors I use (hookahjohn or hookah-shisha), either way I was not please.

I never got an email... Well, I did, from NOB, but it was in a response to me trying to get him to come back to HF... I had sent him a few emails asking him to come back and telling him how much everyone on here missed him, and he replied back something like "Hey man thanks for the emails, but I'm gonna stay away from HF for a while. Here's my new forum blah blah blah... go check it out. Just make sure to not post it on HF, they don't like talk of other forums." I went and checked it out, saw what it was all about, noticed the straight copying/pasting of the rules, banned vendors and such directly from Mush, posted a few sarcastic posts here and there, and haven't been on there since. Probably going to delete my account on there. It looks like it's going to be another forum all about the drama eventually (it was supposedly created to escape Neal's wrath, if you do some research on youtube, look up THK's vids).

I still liked NOB, up until he came onto HF Chat just to ask for the link to Tinychat, then left. That left me feeling used. He came onto the Tinychat just to complain about HF and talk about his new forum. I asked him about the copying/pasting of the rules/banned vendors, and also why he created the same threads on his new forum as he created on HF here. He ignored the first part and answered the second part with "They're my threads, I can post them wherever." Well, that's fine, he's right. But it shows me that he's just trying to make his new forum exactly like HF, all of his threads included.

I wasn't going to tell everyone all this, but I decided to anyway because I'm tired of seeing all of the "I want Tony back!" status updates on the homepage. He left HF because he doesn't have a thick enough skin (although I think everyone could've slimmed down on the jokes) and tried taking HF rules and everything with him, which is wrong against Mush. I no longer have any desire to have him back now. He's been banned anyway for taking Mush's stuff...

I love HF. It's like my home. Every other forum just doesn't feel right. I love how this place avoids the drama and doesn't even allow such asshatery. HF FOR LIFE!

About the emails... I don't see how all of you guys' email addresses were retrieved like that. I didn't get one from the forum. NOB certainly didn't have privileges to access email address records of members on here; I'm sure only mods or the admins can do that. Perhaps a vendor? I don't know...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='29 December 2009 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1262107409' post='442272']
About the emails... I don't see how all of you guys' email addresses were retrieved like that. I didn't get one from the forum. NOB certainly didn't have privileges to access email address records of members on here; I'm sure only mods or the admins can do that. Perhaps a vendor? I don't know...
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't get an email, but since my GF did (she is not registered on any forums), it makes me think that a vendor sold their mailing list.

what i find kinda disappointing (and somewhat sad) is that he left because people were making fun of him or giving him shit. really?!

like other people said, grow thicker skin or imo, take it in jest and find something to poke fun at other people...if anything, it brings humor to the place...

that's just me...don't really care either way, but he's not coming back for sure now...

[quote name='Zinite' date='29 December 2009 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1262107865' post='442274']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='29 December 2009 - 10:23 AM' timestamp='1262107409' post='442272']
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't get an email, but since my GF did (she is not registered on any forums), it makes me think that a vendor sold their mailing list.
[/quote]

I didnt get any email, but I also have never bought anything online. I would really like to know, cuz if a vendor sold their email list thats a real invasion of privacy.

I have a feeling that i'm about 95% sure on that HookahJohn gave him his mailing list. They are very close so I wouldn't doubt it. Anyone get a email that wasnt on Hj's mailing list? I'm trying not to point fingers but thats the only thing I can think of because they were so close and NOB loved John.