Hey, Look It'S Me!

starlequin

I'm what I would consider an intermediate smoker. I'm looking for tips and advice on how to improve my smoking experience and seek out the best hookah related products. I live in an area that I wouldn't consider a mecca for this type of activity. At least not the legal type, unfortunately. I tried out the hookah experience at a hookah bar about five years ago and purchased my first hookah not too long afterwords. I wanted a way to enjoy smoking without the price tag associated with smoking in a commercial establishment. I absolutely loved this form of smoking whereas traditional tobacco products have always (literally) left a bad taste in my mouth. I do so love to appear cool, but I just couldn't condemn myself to cigarettes or cigars. So now I look cool when I invite people to my apartment and pull out my elaborate smoking device of wonderment and flavor, lol.

I look forward to learning more and enriching myself through this resource.

I would like to start out saying welcome. I have not been coming on hookahforum for a very long time but i must say I have caught the forum fever. I enjoy chatting with people about products. Right now i am smoking static starlight tangiers out of medium tangiers phunnel. Khalil Mamoon chiller hookah. And am using a"home depot" hose i made the other day that i am rather pleased with.

I know hookah bars are pricey. but so are quality hookah supplies and shishas. The best for me is you can do what you want, mix your own flavors, use better hookahs. I as i am sure many other people can say I have never gotten as good a smoke from a bar than i do with a nice self packed bowl out of your own supply.

I will share My favorites with you.

Shisha:
Nakhla and Tangiers. (Probably nakhla more for the flavors)
Loving the new mizo nakhla

Natural Coals:
Golden
coconara

Quicklight coals:
Three Kings
CH (hookahjohn)

Hookah:
Khalil Mamoon (chiller is a preference. i love cold smoke)

Bowl:
Tangiers phunnel is top (medium size preference)

Hope this maybe gave you some things to try out if you have not already. Enjoy. and the whole illegal usage of hookah. Definately something that should never be brought up here. Rules are rules and that is a big one.
  • Upvote 1

I don't think smoking makes a person "cool." If you are smoking hookah just to be "cool," I don't think you are smoking for the right reason, but thats up to you. Hope you enjoy the boards and smoking hookah none the less.

As far as the phunnel goes, blagage is right, get a tangiers phunnel, they work great. One thing I disagree with is the size. The bigger the phunnel, the better it smokes, yes, but there are very few people on the boards here that can make it through an entire medium phunnel, as far as I know. I can get ≥1.5 hours on a mini and ≥2 on a small easily, more if i wanted. I have heard of people getting upwards of 6 hours on a medium. That is, provided you are smoking Tangiers shisha out of it. Anyway, if you want to learn more, just read the boards and ask questions, there are many people on the boards with different opinions than mine and they are all good opinions. enjoy
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='blagage' date='22 December 2009 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1261514456' post='441011']
I know hookah bars are pricey. but so are quality hookah supplies and shishas. [/quote]

Yes, unfortunately! Although I think it is definitely an activity worth investing in. I'm actually rather pleased about this, because only serious hookah smokers will continue the habit. I'm also pleased because it will ensure that my habit is moderate and not excessive. Thanks for your welcome!

[quote name='delSol_si' date='27 December 2009 - 02:59 PM' timestamp='1261943955' post='442025']
I don't think smoking makes a person "cool." If you are smoking hookah just to be "cool," I don't think you are smoking for the right reason, but thats up to you. Hope you enjoy the boards and smoking hookah none the less. [/quote]

I actually don't understand why people choose to smoke other inferior products like cigarettes and can only assume it is to gain some sort of social status that I interpret as "being cool". That's why I never smoked because I found it to be highly unenjoyable. :P Hookah is far more alluring a smoking *experience* not to mention much more novel in appearance. I started smoking hookah because I thought it was very enjoyable and exotic and I've always been intrigued by unusual things. So I never intended to imply that "looking cool" was my only reason by any means. I do think that it helps make me a more interesting individual, however, I won't deny that. ^_^

• 3 weeks later...