Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
thatonethere

Precut Foil

Pharaoh's Foil

This foil comes in 100 sheets, and is pre cut in a circle. At first, it made me nervous, thinking I wouldn't have enough foil to wrap around my egyptian bowl to create a good seal, but it worked fine. The foil is sturdy, and can withstand having big holes poked in it without tearing. [b]It performs like a good foil should. There is nothing revolutionary, special, or cutting edge about it.[/b]

I don't mind the foil, but in general I wouldn't purchase it again. I only picked it up so I could get the discount offered from the website I purchaced my $46.00 order from (thanks John!) I paid $4.95 for it. I wonder if I could get a better value if I bought a roll of heavy duty Reynold's Wrap for the same price and cut it into squares.

On the plus side, I like the box it came in. I think I'll use it as a template for my Reynold's wrap experiment.

[b]Alufoil pre-cut shisha foils[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1261465298' post='440888']This foil comes in 100 sheets, and is pre cut in a circle. At first, it made me nervous, thinking I wouldn't have enough foil to wrap around my egyptian bowl to create a good seal, but it worked fine. The foil is sturdy, and can withstand having big holes poked in it without tearing. [b]It performs like a good foil should. There is nothing revolutionary, special, or cutting edge about it.[/b]
[/quote]

The above applies equally to Alufoil, it comes in 12cm diameter circles that need a little care in applying, but work well. Good enough quality to reuse a couple of times on bowls where the shisha does not touch the foil, too. The cost was 2.95 euros / £2.50 / $4 for 100 sheets, so 2.5 pence per bowl (or less where foils can be reused). For a cost comparison, I can buy 10m x 30cm of extra-thick foil at the supermarket for £2.66, which assuming 6" squares would do 120 bowls in theory, or 60 if I double it, which in spite of the "extra thick" designation I might well need to; cost ranges from 2.2p per bowl to 4.4p per bowl. Therefore, the pre-cut foil is not materially more expensive.

I wouldn't pay shipping for the purpose, it's not "essential", but it's convenient and it works well, so I will continue to buy this as and when I happen to be ordering from places that sell it.

Sign in to follow this