Precut Foil

thatonethere

Pharaoh's Foil

This foil comes in 100 sheets, and is pre cut in a circle. At first, it made me nervous, thinking I wouldn't have enough foil to wrap around my egyptian bowl to create a good seal, but it worked fine. The foil is sturdy, and can withstand having big holes poked in it without tearing. [b]It performs like a good foil should. There is nothing revolutionary, special, or cutting edge about it.[/b]

I don't mind the foil, but in general I wouldn't purchase it again. I only picked it up so I could get the discount offered from the website I purchaced my $46.00 order from (thanks John!) I paid $4.95 for it. I wonder if I could get a better value if I bought a roll of heavy duty Reynold's Wrap for the same price and cut it into squares.

On the plus side, I like the box it came in. I think I'll use it as a template for my Reynold's wrap experiment.

• 1 year later...
[b]Alufoil pre-cut shisha foils[/b]
[b]
[/b]
[quote name='thatonethere' timestamp='1261465298' post='440888']This foil comes in 100 sheets, and is pre cut in a circle. At first, it made me nervous, thinking I wouldn't have enough foil to wrap around my egyptian bowl to create a good seal, but it worked fine. The foil is sturdy, and can withstand having big holes poked in it without tearing. [b]It performs like a good foil should. There is nothing revolutionary, special, or cutting edge about it.[/b]
[/quote]

The above applies equally to Alufoil, it comes in 12cm diameter circles that need a little care in applying, but work well. Good enough quality to reuse a couple of times on bowls where the shisha does not touch the foil, too. The cost was 2.95 euros / £2.50 / $4 for 100 sheets, so 2.5 pence per bowl (or less where foils can be reused). For a cost comparison, I can buy 10m x 30cm of extra-thick foil at the supermarket for £2.66, which assuming 6" squares would do 120 bowls in theory, or 60 if I double it, which in spite of the "extra thick" designation I might well need to; cost ranges from 2.2p per bowl to 4.4p per bowl. Therefore, the pre-cut foil is not materially more expensive.

I wouldn't pay shipping for the purpose, it's not "essential", but it's convenient and it works well, so I will continue to buy this as and when I happen to be ordering from places that sell it.