A Few Suggestions...

Chreees

So I've noticed way less activity on the forum lately... Place seems pretty dead as of late. Here's some suggestions to make this place a little more lively again and also easier for the noobs:

1. We really need to integrate Chat back into the homepage somehow. A lot of people just simply don't notice the "Chat" tab at the top. If the Chat was back on the homepage, it would make it easier for noobs to ask questions instead of having to post a thread. Also makes it quicker for the person with their problem, instead of having to wait for responses. Also, I think the integrated Chat may allow Jay (Arcane) and others with problems to access Chat again (maybe, just an idea).

2. Where's the option to become premium? I can't find it anywhere. If it is somewhere, it needs to be easier to find. Basically paid subscriptions need to be somewhere easy to find/access. Or can I just not see paid subscriptions because I'm already premium?

3. Can the Official Order Thread be pinned at the top of the Discussion Group? I know a lot of members are getting annoyed by people making a new post just to say they ordered some Tangiers and coals(myself included). If the Order thread was at the top, it'd help ensure people post there and reduce the amount of new threads created for such small orders.

There were some other things that I thought of when I started writing this, but I totally drew a blank on it now. I'll post more when I think about it, and I encourage others to post their ideas as well. My main thing I'd like to see is Chat integrated back onto the homepage- I feel that'll tie the forum back together real quick and make everyone a lot happier.

Overall, I'm very happy with the new layout and love all the new features and skins. Great job Adrock! I just think if these things are added in, it'll make the forum even better, and reduce the feeling that the old layout was better.

I like your suggestions, but you also have to remember what time it, most people are buy with holiday stuff and alot of us are in college and its finals times. I'm it'll pick up eventually, it always does.

• 2 months later...
We should have a pinned thread with FAQ's pertaining to all of the questions that keep popping up every so often, for example:

"How do I pack (insert shisha brand here) in a (insert bowl type here)?"

The thread could have a bunch of instructional videos pertaining to the FAQs, and the questions could be listed under catagories. For example:

Heat management.

Troubleshooting:
(insert video here)

Just a thought.....

[quote name='thatonethere' date='16 March 2010 - 03:39 AM' timestamp='1268732354' post='457379']
We should have a pinned thread with FAQ's pertaining to all of the questions that keep popping up every so often, for example:

"How do I pack (insert shisha brand here) in a (insert bowl type here)?"

The thread could have a bunch of instructional videos pertaining to the FAQs, and the questions could be listed under catagories. For example:

Heat management.

Troubleshooting:
(insert video here)

Just a thought.....

[/quote]

Nevermind. It's already been done....lol!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1290939322' post='489643']
[quote name='Jerry Paul' timestamp='1290926781' post='489637']
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1286881442' post='484780']
really wanted to be something alright.
[/quote]

you talking about me?
[/quote]

Yes.
[/quote]

Round 2!!!!!

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1290939411' post='489644']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1290939322' post='489643']
[/quote]

you talking about me?
[/quote]

Yes.
[/quote]

Round 2!!!!!
[/quote]

Haha, time will tell...

[/quote]

you talking about me?
[/quote]

if the foo shits...

[quote name='indian_villager' timestamp='1290975569' post='489662']
It's been a while since I've checked in. How about we mail people cookies.
[/quote]

I second this idea....i like getting cookies

As someone who doesnt smoke often and cant get my hands on many brands and names, I found it very diffycult to understand all the stuff everybody was talking about
Tangiers was a mystery to me
also the phunnel
all the models are hard to follow without googleing everything, and even when I do that I get tons of pictures that vary
my suggestion
make a FAQ forum, with topics with names like in the reviews forum (coal, shisha, bowls etc...), so people who are new have everything under one roof
also, pictures there would be great

comments on this?

yes
i would have it like more topics for instance and be almost like a dictionary (with pictures)
coal-what are ql,what are naturals,what is heat control, differences, pros, contras and brands with a really really short review (plus the shorts like 3K is Three Kings)
shisha-what is it, what is in, what brands are there, what does herbal mean and brands also with review and some info ( like, tangiers is very wet, or nakhla likes heat)
bowls-materials, differences, each type whit a picture and what is good to smoke in
vases-how does a typical for each brand look like (also for bowls) and some types (everybody talks about bohemians and some people dont know what the fuzz is all about)

these are just examples, there could/should be more

ya ok..though i think learning the lingo is kinda a right of passage around here. I mean, we may be all a little "off" in our own little ways but ....um....hmmm... anyways you want to start a thead I'll pin it and moderate/edit it as usual. :)

the problem is, I dont know that much
I thought that it should should be a forum where only veterans can post, so we would avoid too many posts,repetitions and useless information

p.s. I'll try to develop a full skeleton on that, so that it would be easier to understand me and make this