The Torch Flashlight

Charley

ok I just found this flashlight on the internet the beam produces so much heat it hac start fires and even cook eggs.

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/The_Torch-74-41.html

watch the videos at the bottom lol

maybe my next coal lighter? lol

you can buy like....30 coil burners for that price.

kinda looks like a weapon to me, that could really do some damage in the wrong hands.

not going to lie though....when i read this i thought i read "fleshlight" instead, until i opened up the thread and realized it wasn't...

[quote name='delSol_si' date='19 December 2009 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1261218503' post='440222']

kinda looks like a weapon to me, that could really do some damage in the wrong hands.

not going to lie though....when i read this [b]i thought i read "fleshlight" instead[/b], until i opened up the thread and realized it wasn't...
[/quote]

LMAO. Tyler, you would...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='19 December 2009 - 06:59 AM' timestamp='1261223988' post='440237']
[quote name='delSol_si' date='19 December 2009 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1261218503' post='440222']

not going to lie though....when i read this [b]i thought i read "fleshlight" instead[/b], until i opened up the thread and realized it wasn't...
[/quote]

[/quote]

He's not the only one... -_-

[quote name='ryno' date='19 December 2009 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1261236874' post='440255']
[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' date='19 December 2009 - 06:59 AM' timestamp='1261223988' post='440237']

[/quote]

[/quote]

He's not the only one... -_-
[/quote]

That's the only reason I opened it..

Thing looks fucking dangerous as hell. Try lighting up the blood in your hand or face with that thing....

The only people I can see getting one are serious hikers/campers/adventurers, my kids would lose their site and/or be seriously burned with that thing around.

[quote name='giant ninja robot' date='19 December 2009 - 12:03 PM' timestamp='1261245832' post='440289']
Thing looks fucking dangerous as hell. Try lighting up the blood in your hand or face with that thing....

The only people I can see getting one are serious hikers/campers/adventurers, my kids would lose their site and/or be seriously burned with that thing around.
[/quote]

I agree. What if it accidentally turns on in your bag? Everything in there gets burnt?

well first off I am a serious hiker/camper and anyone who reads the description of this thing knows its dangerous. if ppl have one around with kids in the house then they are idiots.
if someone gets a hold of it and burns there hand or face off while trying to tell a ghost story in the middle of the night then that would be the owners fault and stupidity for leaving it where anyone could get a hold of it.

in reality tho these things are no more dangerous then the torch lighters or coil burners we all have.

that being said i still want one.

[quote name='giant ninja robot' date='19 December 2009 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1261245832' post='440289']

[/quote]

I have five words:

Less Than Lethal Home Defense.

Ever stare into 140 lumens at about 10-15 feet? It's slightly disorienting....now imagine hundreds of times that power, and you have this beast of a flashlight. At that light output level, it can induce immediate vertigo and up to a half hour bout of nausea.

In other words, it'll put an intruder on the floor, hard. If the intruder gets stupid enough to get close, just press it into them and let the heat do the work....extremely few people respond with anything but a flight response to being burned.

It's no replacement for giving a violent home intruder the gift of lead and copper, but it'll do in the situations that such a violent solution is unwarranted.

[quote name='mustang_steve' date='21 December 2009 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1261433900' post='440812']
[quote name='giant ninja robot' date='19 December 2009 - 01:03 PM' timestamp='1261245832' post='440289']

[/quote]

I have five words:

Ever stare into 140 lumens at about 10-15 feet? It's slightly disorienting....now imagine hundreds of times that power, and you have this beast of a flashlight. At that light output level, it can induce immediate vertigo and up to a half hour bout of nausea.

In other words, it'll put an intruder on the floor, hard. If the intruder gets stupid enough to get close, just press it into them and let the heat do the work....extremely few people respond with anything but a flight response to being burned.

It's no replacement for giving a violent home intruder the gift of lead and copper, but it'll do in the situations that such a violent solution is unwarranted.
[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought when I watched the video. An intruder is completely incapacitated when they can't see, even if they're armed. You can't shoot a gun or use a knife when you don't know where your target is :flag_of_truce:

[quote name='alexander' date='21 December 2009 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1261456633' post='440875']
[quote name='mustang_steve' date='21 December 2009 - 04:18 PM' timestamp='1261433900' post='440812']

[/quote]

I have five words:

[/quote]

This is exactly what I thought when I watched the video. An intruder is completely incapacitated when they can't see, even if they're armed. You can't shoot a gun or use a knife when you don't know where your target is :flag_of_truce:
[/quote]

um yes you can lol. you just may not hit what you want to hit, but you can still shoot.

[quote name='Charley' date='21 December 2009 - 08:52 PM' timestamp='1261457523' post='440877']
[quote name='alexander' date='21 December 2009 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1261456633' post='440875']

[/quote]

I have five words:

[/quote]

[/quote]

um yes you can lol. you just may not hit what you want to hit, but you can still shoot.
[/quote]

For that reason, I would rather just shoot the aforementioned intruder.
Wild blind shooting on the part of the intruder might actually hit me or someone else nearby.
My specifically directed shot will less likely do so and the intruder won't be in a state to shoot back afterwards.
I also don't have to worry about my battery dying and then being left defenseless with a pissed off and armed criminal.
However, I have the luxury of living in a jurisdiction where using a firearm for self-defense is acceptable, for others, this flashlight might be a good alternative.
Although, I guess having both the flashlight as an initial defense and a firearm in case the intruder does happen to have, and attempt to use, a weapon would be ideal.