Smoking After A Root Canal

[quote]
[font="Times New Roman"][size=4][size="4"]Do not smoke during the first 24 hours and minimize the number of times you smoke during the remaining healing process because smoking delays the healing process. Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours.[/quote][/size][/size][/font]

[size=4]Meh, oh well. What's another day?[/size]

[quote name='Codename067' date='16 December 2009 - 03:00 AM' timestamp='1260957606' post='439568']
Yeah man, just let it take its course. Don't rush it. Just another day.
[/quote]

I was going to celebrate and relax after my finals being over tomorrow =[

just get everything ready, clean your hookahs throughly and prepare them for the best smoke ever. Take a week off to allow everything to heal. Otherwise it may not and if that happens you're looking at bleeding and possible infection. So if you want to continue smoking just relax and clean all your hookah stuff so when the time comes you can light up the best bowl of your life. Plus the week off will help "reset" your taste buds and make it even better.

If u can bite down on your teeth with full pressure and not feel pain, then it's okay to smoke. Rule of thumb, wait 3 days at least.

Root canal shouldn't be a big deal, it should be all sealed up and whatnot if it was a traditional deal. But I would strongly urge you to ask your dentist. But smoking shouldn't aggravate it once it has set up (a day or so).

wait 2-3 days and make sure you KEEP the gauze over the wound. keep your mouth hydrated while you smoke and dont suck very hard. i had my wisdom teeth(all 4) out this summer and i smoked like a chimney two days later, just take precautions and you'll be fine.

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='16 December 2009 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1260979809' post='439592']
If u can bite down on your teeth with full pressure and not feel pain, then it's okay to smoke. Rule of thumb, wait 3 days at least.
[/quote]

RULE OF THUMB?!?!?!?!
did you know that in the early 1900's men were allowed to beat their wives so long as the stick was no wider than their thumb?!?!

eh, this couldn't do much damage now could it? perhaps it should have been the rule of wrist?

I'd wait a few days, dude. Strongly suggest a week, like Liquid said. Clean your stuff and have the best smoke ever after waiting a week. It'll be so worth it. If you absolutely have to smoke to celebrate finals tomorrow, then just do a short session and then wait atleast a few days before going back to smoking regularly.

For some reason, i was thinking about getting your wisdom teeth pulled out and was suggesting waiting a couple weeks...

for a root canal, the dentist usually says no food, drinks for an hour....never mentions anything about smoking and i usually light up a cig after my appt....

[quote name='fezmeister' date='16 December 2009 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1260983989' post='439611']
[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='16 December 2009 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1260979809' post='439592']
[/quote]

RULE OF THUMB?!?!?!?!
did you know that in the early 1900's men were allowed to beat their wives so long as the stick was no wider than their thumb?!?!

eh, this couldn't do much damage now could it? perhaps it should have been the rule of wrist?
[/quote]

Ha great movie!

not really sure if the pressure would effect a root canal like a wisdom tooth extraction, but i tend to err on the side of caution. I would wait until eating a carrot doesn't hurt your tooth.

I smoked the day I got my root canal. It didn't really do anything to the tooth itself, it just felt weird smoking with a half numb face haha. It's up to you since people react differently to things. But I smoked and nothing happened.

[quote name='MeNouA' date='16 December :48 AM' timestamp='1260996537' post='439645']
I smoked the day I got my root canal. It didn't really do anything to the tooth itself, it just felt weird smoking with a half numb face haha. It's up to you since people react differently to things. But I smoked and nothing happened.
[/quote]
+1

Just smoke! haha...

A lot of people here obviously have excellent teeth as they appear to be very confused. There is no gauze or open wound with a root canal... unless you one done surgically... that was no fun ^_^. As you may suspect, stitches in the roof of the mouth suck!