How To Get Rid Of "That" Smell

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get rid of the coal, smoke, and general shisha smell from a room that has a lot of fabrics in it [bedroom in my case]? While smoking the room smells amazing, but I noticed after not smoking for 2 days I walked into my room and it smelt like it was covered in coal and had a slight burnt smell to it. Anyone have any ideas?

With time it will pass, I found Febreeze to work well with other smells.

From now on I would just be careful to light the coals elsewhere (outside) if possible. I smoked in the basement of my old home at UNI and we moved everything out to the garage with about a month to go so the smell would dissipate entirely before moving out.

An air purifier would probably work well, plus it's better than opening a window right now, since it is probably cold where you live.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='10 December 2009 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1260430309' post='437531']
With time it will pass,[b] I found Febreeze to work well[/b] with other smells.

From now on I would just be careful to light the coals elsewhere (outside) if possible. I smoked in the basement of my old home at UNI and we moved everything out to the garage with about a month to go so the smell would dissipate entirely before moving out.
[/quote]
febreeze does well

So basically "wash" my room in febreeze and it should be cool? I'll have to pick some up tomorrow after class and try this out.

[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='10 December 2009 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1260432788' post='437540']
So basically "wash" my room in febreeze and it should be cool? I'll have to pick some up tomorrow after class and try this out.
[/quote]
dont go nuts with it..lol just spray it on the fabrics that you feel are carrying the coal smell

[quote name='NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD' date='10 December 2009 - 05:22 AM' timestamp='1260440545' post='437573']
[quote name='FSUReligionMan' date='10 December 2009 - 05:21 AM' timestamp='1260440473' post='437572']
CH QL
[/quote]
i had a feeling you were gona say that, when i used 3 kings there was never a lingering odor, but when i used ch ql's it didnt smell bad, but it smelled like i had been to a camp fire..
[/quote]

Same here. I got some CH QL's in my first order from HookahJohn and have been using them. They work great and have no taste, except I notice that if I go down to my basement afterward or leave the house and walk back in, it smells like there is a lit fire going. Not really a huge deal because opening the window, turning on the fan in my HVAC, and spraying air freshener every 10 mins for about half an hour tends to do the trcik. However, Im kinda lazy and it makes me want to smoke less cause its such a production to get rid of the smell and plus its starting to get into the 30's and lower here in the NYC area.

Do the non QL CH coals have a similar smell? Perhaps I should try a batch of these next.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='10 December 2009 - 01:31 AM' timestamp='1260430309' post='437531']
With time it will pass, I found Febreeze to work well with other smells.

[/quote]

+1 I don't have the coal smell problem, but I don't use QL's. Don't know what you use but have noticed that QL's stink and do leave a lingering odor. Also light my coals in the kitchen so don't have an issue with lingering smells in there, no fabric curtains or anything in that room. Yeah, I'd just light my coals elsewhere if I were you. I never notice a lingering shisha smell, not an unpleasant one at any rate. Seems to dissipate within hours after a session. What smell does remain seems to come directly from my stash and not from my sessions. Maybe you should invest in a good coal carrier and start lighting them outdoors.

Hmmm, just remembered, I do have an ozone air purifier in the house. May make a difference in lingering coal smells in my house. I don't think about the fact that I have it, it's just always on. Edited by Genie

The coal smell problem only ever happens to me if I light a coal indoors. That is if you're doing QL's. I always light outside, not only b/c of the smell and fumes, but staining furniture from the sparks. Just leave a window open for an hour and you should be good.

Air purifiers work well, butonly the Ion type, not the Hepa type from what I've found. the hepa type basically has a filter that traps dust and stuff.

If its really really bad there a trick we use when selling houses that might help you. Just get some activated charcoal and open it up around the room and let it sit around for a bit. It will absorb any nasty smells

And that is all