New Layout

Like it?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe if It had some free Tangiers

i'm hesitant to vote on it for now. i might end up liking it later. right now though it feels extremely awkward.

and yeah, i was hella surprised when i logged on. i had to check the url bar to make sure i was at the right place…

I dont mind the look of it once you go into a thread and start reading, however, the discussion group layout is pretty bad. I feel like the topic fonts just look too big and boxy, and the site does not have a very smooth flow like it did prior to the update.

One thing I have noticed that I used to use a lot but is no longer there or I can't find is the ability to look at the new posts just from this sub-forum and not the entire forum.  You can now click on the "View New Content" button at the top right, but it shows all the new posts from the entire forum.  Also I don't know where the buttons went to view top posters of the day and stuff like that. I believe it was called, "My Assistant".

[quote name='click' date='08 December 2009 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1260319000' post='436910']
One thing I have noticed that I used to use a lot but is no longer there or I can't find is the ability to look at the new posts just from this sub-forum and not the entire forum.  You can now click on the "View New Content" button at the top right, but it shows all the new posts from the entire forum.  Also I don't know where the buttons went to view top posters of the day and stuff like that. I believe it was called, "My Assistant".
[/quote]
its still there at the bottom like this
Today's active content * The moderating team * Today's top 20 posters * Overall top posters

I see that you can vote a post up or down now. What does that mean? Is it like a thumbs up or literally moving it up the board? It's so weird and will def take a while to get used to, I feel like I'm cheating on the old HF and am at another site!
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD' date='08 December 2009 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1260319157' post='436912']
Today's active content   * The moderating team  * Today's top 20 posters    * Overall top posters
[/quote]
At the bottom...sob

And the 'Today's active content' button shows the active content across the whole forum.  You used to be able to look at the new posts just from an individual sub-forum, e.g. 'General' or 'Discussion Group for all Hookah Lovers'

[quote name='click' date='08 December 2009 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1260319575' post='436917']
[quote name='NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD' date='08 December 2009 - 05:39 PM' timestamp='1260319157' post='436912']
Today's active content   * The moderating team  * Today's top 20 posters    * Overall top posters
[/quote]
At the bottom...sob

And the 'Today's active content' button shows the active content across the whole forum.  You used to be able to look at the new posts just from an individual sub-forum, e.g. 'General' or 'Discussion Group for all Hookah Lovers'
[/quote]
i just click todays active content i dont click each sub-forum

**edit** wow look at the pretty colors :)

Some things I like, some I'm not too sure about just yet. Maybe we need to take this poll in a week or so? After we've had a chance to get used to it and find out all it's little quirks.

'Rani

The thread heading text when viewing a subforum is HUGE. Way less easy to navigate.

There is no video area anymore that I can find.

GLARINGLY [b]there is no chat[/b].

I like that we now see updated gallery pics, it will encourage more of us to use our galleries, I never have.

The board itself looks really nice.
WE CAN NOW AGREE AND DISAGREE WITH OUR POST RATING BUTTONS!!!!!!! :)

Fast reply is there and even easier to use, it's already pulled up at the bottom of all the threads.

Post editing is really smooth.

Overall I like it. Fix the stuff I don't like and we'll be golden. Otherwise (even if you do fix it) send me my Tangiers and I'll edit my post to include a sonnet lovingly declaring my romantic feelings towards the new format.

[quote name='giant ninja robot' date='08 December 2009 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1260321114' post='436934']WE CAN NOW AGREE AND DISAGREE WITH OUR POST RATING BUTTONS!!!!!!! :)
[/quote]
i tried to +1 ur post but i got, "Action failed: You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day"

I totally agree with the font size.  I can haz no scrolling?

• Upvote 2

I like it, but some free Tangiers would make it that much sweeter!!!

[quote name='mushrat' date='08 December 2009 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1260318174' post='436893']
holy shit. He said he was gonna do it. O g away for a few days to see my grandmother and I thought i was in the wrong damn place. I'll call him tomorrow about the chat.
[/quote]

Thanks I was kind of like 'like the new look....T^T but were's chat?'

[quote name='momatik' date='08 December 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1260322280' post='436960']
[quote name='Zinite' date='08 December 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1260318362' post='436896']
Remember you can change the layout in your settings.
[/quote]

Where exactly? I don't see it.
[/quote]
Bottom left of the page.  There are 3 options.  Have not tried them yet.

[quote name='momatik' date='08 December 2009 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1260322280' post='436960']
[quote name='Zinite' date='08 December 2009 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1260318362' post='436896']
Remember you can change the layout in your settings.
[/quote]

Where exactly? I don't see it.
[/quote]
Look at the very bottom left of every page. It's a dropdown menu.