What Happened To The Site.. And Chat...The Wiki...

Stuie

WOW is it just me or did the board crap out, then come back on and now everything has changed... and a lot has disappeared.

[quote name='hookah hippie' date='08 December 2009 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1260313589' post='436851']
I hate to criticize because I hear programing and designing websites is a pain in the ass but I prefer the old website.
[/quote]

I'm a computer programmer, and I agree, this layout blows! bring me back the old HF!

well, if you have a facebook, everyone complained forever about the new format for the first few weeks then gave up...this will probably be the same im sure youll all get used to it. Although, i do miss chatbox

This blows. I hate the new layout. I voted on the poll... I voted that if Tang was involved, I could get used to it...

It really just doesn't feel as "homey" anymore... All the text is huge now. I just enjoyed the simplicity of the old one. Please change it back, adrock.

Add me to the list of "I *expletive*-ing hate the new layout".

I gave it a few days to see if it would grow on me but it hasn't. It's simply not as easy/comfortable to read. It feels like more work is needed to navigate around compared to the old layout with no added benefit. A lot of that has to do with how spread out everything became and the undistinguishing color scheme. If there were performance improvements, I definitely haven't noticed them. Chat feels too remote now, like I'm leaving the forums to go into chat which is unfortunate because that was one of things that stood out in my mind about this place.

To put it simply, the new layout is discouraging. I find I am less motivated to come here compared to other forums and can already see that I won't be contributing as much here anymore.

Damn guys, relax...

I've made it through 4 or 5 upgrades, board changes, etc. New companents are being added daily, We have chat again and all you have to do is run 2 windows like most of us always have, one for chat and one for browsing. You never could browse and chat at the same time anyways. Plus the chat box is larger now, something many of you complained about.

The older version we were running was about 3 versions of IP board out of date. We were having security issues, spam issues, and other problems behind the scenes because we were not using the most updated version and it's upgrades. I myself am wandering around slightly lost but i'm getting the hang of it.

Use your thumbs and ADAPT! :empathy2:

ya i really don't care for the new layout either....like the old one more. there are features about the new one I like a lot more, but they don't outweigh the pain in the asses, for me at least. its kinda like they got right of the old pain in the asses, but added new pain in the asses. the only thing i am really discouraged about is jay not being able to chat while at work anymore :( well that and rani said chat wouldn't load for her either....

but, i do like security being better, my facebook account got hacked not to long ago, so i like security.

ugh, this now layout takes longer to load too though...