I've Been Away. Had To Go Meet Someone Far Far Away.

Genie

My new baby niece!

I'm besotted. And putting pix of the squidglet everywhere I can think of. She's my brother's first born. My brother, whose diapers I once changed and who I carried around on my hip until he was too big to be carried. I feel more like a proud grandmother!

I got to go to California and see her last week and it was pure bliss. Cried myself to sleep for two nights when I got home, missed her so much.

Welcome to the world, Eisley Sky!

OH, SHE IS ADORABLE! I see why you're smitten!

Thanks y'all, and I don't mind getting accused of being a man. So long as it doesn't happen f2f.

I can't help gushing about her.

Her Dad never tried hookah until I got there, he thought it was alright and might try it again sometime. I doubt I'd ever encourage her to do anything that might cause her even the slightest harm, but the idea of smoking a hookah with her in 20 years or so doesn't sound all that bad, I suppose. But it'll have to be her idea. Right now, if it were up to me, she'd grow up in a padded world with no sharp corners, organic everything, no contaminants or pollution and nothing that would ever make her hurt or cry. Good thing I'm just her aunt!

ahhhh she is most definitely a super cute squidglet indeed. Kinda makes me want to get one of my own : )

you must be very proud. Love the first photo you can really tell how attentive and focused she is.

Thanks Joytron, thanks Nars2K!

I think my husband was afraid I'd get baby fever after all this but, no, I still don't want one of my own. Just want to be Tia Genie to my little Eisley. No, I'm not Latino, I just like the word "tia" better than "aunt." Sounds much more cool.