Do You Remember Your First Hookah Experience?

Thought this would be an interesting topic: Do you remember your first experience with hookah?

I was at a lounge with friends. Some reason everyone could get big clouds and I could barely get any smoke. Then I spent 30 minutes in a fast food bathroom because I felt like puking. If at first you don't succeed.... ha

QUOTE (rhineholt @ Dec 7 2009, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Dec 6 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was in my bedroom alone..i was scared to death..lol i was worried i would start a fire with my 3 kings ql's..

you did it alone!? beast.

my brother got me into smoking hookah and he was at work..wouldnt be home for another 6 hours..my stuff had just came from john, it was a 32'' km, sultan washable hose, 3 boxes of 3 kings charcoal..i thought these where the end all be all back then..lol, 3 tins of starbuzz250g i was told these starbuzz was the best..lol and about 15 different 50g samplers of nakhla and al fakher..shit i was so excited i dont think i even washed my hookah and hose i just go into the damn thing..lol and my first attempt was fail..i was only using 1 coal..

Several years ago, I went to a coworker party with a few of us and one of the guys had brought a hookah he and his roommate had gone in together on. A 4 hose no name. Tried it a couple times, like it well enough but didn't feel the need to rush out and buy one. Was surfing the web one night and came across hookahs. Ordered a 19" Sahara. When it arrived I read everything in the directions twice, loaded up a bowl and smoked it. My girlfriend called and asked me to come hang out. I took the Sahara with me and we finished all the samples included. She ordered her very own that night and I ordered a ton of tobacco and started researching shops near me. The rest is history.

Interestingly, I later found out those models of Sahara were actually made by MZ. It was a solid little pipe I later passed on to a friend with some tobacco, coals, etc. She was interested but hadn't taken the plunge yet. That very first night she fell asleep with the hose in her mouth. And another convert was born.

'Rani

i was really interested in this girl and she invited me to come hang out with her for her birthday. we went to this lounge called cafe medi in hurst texas. it was me a bunch of her friends and some of my friends. i was hesitant to try at first and didnt really want to but after most of her friends left and there were 5 of us left i decided to try. long story short i got the girl, going on 3 years now, and i began my love for the good old hookah. funny story is that rcracer_tx on the forum came with me the very next time and bought a hookah from the lounge no joke after maybe 30 min of smoking his first bowl. ahhh good times
edit: now weve got 13 hookahs and about 15 kilos of shisha and 12 boxes of coals at my house right now lol Edited by RingsMaster

It was slightly over 2 years ago at a hotel party. One of my friends friend had brought it and I had no clue wtf it was. Didnt even know it was for smoking until they started to smoke it. After a bit they asked if I wanted to try so I did and my first hit my brain said "Why do I not already have 1 of these?".

Vageuly. Was at a lounge in Seattle, I think the crowded one that used to be off Cherry street, had many more good sessions at the Rabbit Hole over the years. It was not until college that I even realized it was something one could do at home happy.gif. A couple friends had them and we smoked a few times before I finally decided it was time I get into it. As soon as we moved into our own place me and one of my roommates went in on one off eBay and smoked that for two years, normally at least once or twice a week when we had people over, but at the end there I was smoking every day.

Just bought a new Temsaah even though I smoke much less now (living at home, and being forced to smoke outside really cuts down on the opportunities to smoke- particularly in DECEM-BRRRRR). Will hopefully christen it tomorrow happy.gif.

I had been to a few camping tents and desert parties and always wondered what it was. I thought it smelled good but I was afraid to try it because cigarettes and cigarette smokers gross me out. I waited and watched, realized that I don't have the usual itchiness and wheeziness I have in the presence of that much smoke usually so asked to try it. It was some brand of banana flavor and I was hooked from the first second. That was December 2003 and I've smoked almost every day since.

I went to see Aesop's Fables for extra credit in my lit class with a few friends, we went to what-a-burger afterwards and my friend Tim asked if any of us had tried hookah, I didn't know what one was til he explained it and was down to try it; we went to the bar and got butterscotch and the orange/mint. I smoke basically daily 1-3 times a day.

I was 17.
A friend and I were told about a hookah lounge that lets you smoke flavors out of a pipe.
We were scared about going and smoking because we were underage but we were told that it would be fine as the lounge never checked ID.
We finally get there and take a seat. We were nervous as shit when this guy comes up and asks what we would like. I got the mint and my friend got apple.
He takes our order and about 5-10 minutes later he walks out with the beautiful Egyptian pipes. One of the other workers right behind him puts a few lump coals on the bowl and hands us a pair of tongs.
After they left we settled down a little bit and smoked. My friends who got the apple did not enjoy his flavor. It WAS double apple. He HATED black liquorish.
Needless to say we spent the next few hours smoking mint from my hookah. At the end there I got a massive head ache. This was the first time smoking ever for me. Hookah head ftl.
A while later I find out from the lounge owner that they use AF for there tobacco. No wonder we liked the mint so much.

For those wondering about them not checking ID they got busted for it. Took a long time before it happened though. I was already 19 before they told me what happened. They now check ID of everyone they don't remembering serving before.

I don't go there very much anymore. I got my first hookah just after turning 18 and I've never looked back since.

i think i was about 16. i somehow ended up with a couple of my buddy's friends and we went to some SKETCH AS SHIT 'lounge'. the couches looked like whales had been having sex on them and hand duct tape all over them randomly. there was a shitty pool table, poor lighting, and a couple seniors from our football team in the corner throwing back a case of miller high life (it was byob, and obviously they didn't give a shit how old you were). i was paranoid as all hell but calmed down after being continuously reassured that they wouldn't check id's and after seeing the guys from the fball team that definitely put my woes to bed. i had seen my cousins and aunts/uncles do it but never tried before. i enjoyed it but wasn't all psyched up about it. a few months later a couple of my buddies convinced me during finals week that we should get a hookah. we went to a local import market and bought a pipe. apparently, they only have to card for tobacco because they didn't say anything when we bought the hookah. it was a little lebanese pipe (i still have it, different base, but i don't think i'll ever get rid of that thing) we split it 3 ways, it was like $32 total. we drove across town to go get some tobacco from a head shop that doesn't card and some coals. went back to his place and smoked. it sucked big time. after a while of use i got better and better, and i listened to the advice my cousins gave me. a little after i turned 18 i joined this forum and haven't looked back. i was up to 10 hookahs at one point. now i have 4 in regular use(30" AF solid, KM ice bucket, KM hafa, & aforementioned lebanese), one at my vacation house (km trimetal) and have 2 i'm still trying to get rid of (see my sig). i've gotten 6 good buddies completely hooked. i bought one a km shamadan, his brother a km trimetal, and another one i'm buying a km hafa for christmas from john.

life is good – mostly while Hookah.gif smile.gif

Yerp.

Met an old friend who convinced me that Hookah WASN'T like cigarettes, which I have a bad reaction to, and she took me to a hookah bar. I thought it was pretty sweet, nice atmosphere ect. ect. Tried it and it was pretty nice, I could smoke it without coughing up a lung. Found that it started tasting foul after a few minuets... (quick lights ugh... oh yeah... and HH shisha *puke*) Kept going back (paying $20 and higher per session) and then THOUGHT about buying their 'take home pack'. I decided to do some research and here I am! An MZ, smoking Nakhala and Al Fakher. Wow.

It was in 03 at my house in my brothers room. His friend came by with a hookah but it was missing a gasket and he used a rag to air tighten it. It was broke as hell and was smoking terribly. I could set up a hookah blindly and still have it taste better than that experience. :\

Friend of mine just got back in town from working overseas and invited me out to let off some steam. TOld me to meet him at a local hookah bar. Told my wife I was going and she asked if she could go. I had never smoked a hookah up untill that night and was hooked. I came home and started looking around online but never followed through. Just decided I could go to the bar whenever we wanted but as of late I knew I wanted to buy one. Purchased it the other night and joind this group.

I swear I posted this in a similar topic before.... anyways....

At a party in college thrown by the assistant managers of the deli I worked at. They explained it to me and it was awesome, think it was double apple or something, no idea what brand. It was a 4 hoser, people can't moving in and out, but I stayed parked with in hose passing distance...most of the time. I can't go into more detail to many young ones on here.

A buddy of mine called me around a year ago saying "hey do you want to go a hookah lounge? I'm going to meet up with a work friend" I was confused because i have never heard of hookah before in my life. So i went to a local bar, met up, and ordered up some white grape with a white wine base. I was a convert. Bought my own hookah 3 days later and still going strong today.