New Moon

Chreees

So who's going to see it? I'm being dragged along by my girlfriend to the midnight premeire... But I gotta admit, the first one wasn't bad...

The theatre here has 16 screens for the premeire tonight and ALL the tickets are sold out...

I actually heard that all the theatres in TN are sold out for it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep...I'm being dragged by my wife to go see it. IMHO I think this whole vampire stuff going on now is the biggest crock of BS I've ever laid my eyes on. I wouldn't be suprised to see kids walking around with bite marks on them thinking they're vamps.

I'm going because Hooters is next door to the theatre and I get free wings if I drive.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Nov 19 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going because Hooters is next door to the theatre and I get free wings if I drive.

*whispering*

....Okay free wings at Hooters is an acceptable reason for going.

QUOTE (RogueSmoker @ Nov 19 2009, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep...I'm being dragged by my wife to go see it. IMHO I think this whole vampire stuff going on now is the biggest crock of BS I've ever laid my eyes on. I wouldn't be suprised to see kids walking around with bite marks on them thinking they're vamps.

Trendy teenage vamp stuff is just silly. But vamp literature and media in general can be great and pretty fascinating. Vampires are an exciting and easily accessible fictional medium that explores our mortality, weaknesses, and violent and/or sexual tendencies and appetites.

Go watch True Blood! Great show.

I have never seen someone act as bad as kristen stewart did in that movie. How many times can a person actually blink in a matter of 1 hour? Ask Kristen Stewart, she knows. Her mouth was agape for more than 90% of the movie.

And those special effects, like the edward the vampire running around trees and shit and up hills - what were they thinking? No wonder they fired the director.

This next one will of course be a better movie, but it will suck fat cock as well. Have you seen the werewolves? Jesus F. Christ.

This is simply a movie for girls, but girls. If you have a girlfriend you are going to see it no matter what.

question, i have seen the trailer...

why are the werewolves prepubecent looking teenagers without a single hair on their face or chest or back?

I swear they even waxed their freaking arms.

MEN ARE HAIRY.... WEREWOLVES SHOULD BE HARRIER! WOMEN GET USE TO IT!

QUOTE (Stuie @ Nov 19 2009, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
question, i have seen the trailer...

why are the werewolves prepubecent looking teenagers without a single hair on their face or chest or back?

I swear they even waxed their freaking arms.

MEN ARE HAIRY.... WEREWOLVES SHOULD BE HARRIER! WOMEN GET USE TO IT!

Because they are all like 15.

QUOTE (Hippo_Master @ Nov 19 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have never seen someone act as bad as kristen stewart did in that movie. How many times can a person actually blink in a matter of 1 hour? Ask Kristen Stewart, she knows. Her mouth was agape for more than 90% of the movie.

And those special effects, like the edward the vampire running around trees and shit and up hills - what were they thinking? No wonder they fired the director.

This next one will of course be a better movie, but it will suck fat cock as well. Have you seen the werewolves? Jesus F. Christ.

This is simply a movie for girls, but girls. If you have a girlfriend you are going to see it no matter what.

the fact that you know what went on in the movie meant you were watching it....and paying attention. haha...

I love vampire movies. But this series is clearly marked for teenagers (or not much beyond). Even True Blood and Vampire Diaries are geared towards younger audiences. What happened to the likes of Bram Stoker's Dracula? Romantic, sexy, and enticing?

'Rani

QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Nov 19 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love vampire movies. But this series is clearly marked for teenagers (or not much beyond). Even True Blood and Vampire Diaries are geared towards younger audiences. What happened to the likes of Bram Stoker's Dracula? Romantic, sexy, and enticing?

'Rani

uhhhhh... romantic, sexy, enticing, and Keanu Reeves? kids pick out the word that doesnt belong.

Yeah if you want to watch a great vampire movie check out interview with a vampire, the only one worth watching.

and uhhhh yeah my girlfriend is going to drag me, luckily she is sick so we dont have to see the premiere.

QUOTE (joytron @ Nov 19 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (BohoWildChild @ Nov 19 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

'Rani

uhhhhh... romantic, sexy, enticing, and Keanu Reeves? kids pick out the word that doesnt belong.

Yeah if you want to watch a great vampire movie check out interview with a vampire, the only one worth watching.

and uhhhh yeah my girlfriend is going to drag me, luckily she is sick so we dont have to see the premiere.

Interview With A Vampire? It soooooooo sucked compared to the book. Tom Cruise as Lestat was the worst piece of casting in history though Brad Pitt did okay as Louis. Just okay though, not his best acting.

'Rani

I hate Twilight for the obvious reasons (crap books, crap movies) but I REALLY resent it because it's ruining vampires for everyone. I'm no loser who thinks vampires are real bla bla, but I really enjoy fictional works of all kinds, and obviously theres some great fictional works about vampires. Lately I can't read anything with a vampire in it without being persecuted, haha. Whatever, not a big deal.

QUOTE (joytron @ Nov 19 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about Monica Bellucci as Drac's immortal vampire slut? Totally romantic, sexy, and enticing (Just wish she had more screen time).

QUOTE (joytron @ Nov 19 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Meh, Coppola's Dracula was better. Agreed, Keanu was the weak link in the cast, but Gary Oldman? He could totally kick the living shit out of these pussy, sparkly vamps.

See, the thing about this Twilight nonsense is basically this is a story about a dude who falls in love with a hamburger. Oldman's Dracula managed to be a romantic while at the same time portraying a ruthless predator.

*****************SPOILERS DON'T READ THIS IF YOU WANT SURPRISES!!!*****************************

opening myself up for the flame here, but I will go on record saying that yes, I've read the whole twilight saga, and yes I enjoyed Twilight. While the books are slightly geared for the younger crowd, they're really not. I mean, fuck. The last book where Bella gets transformed into a vampire, its too bad they'll have to edit that shit down for pg-13, as I'd love to see them have Edward rip apart Bella's stomach with his teeth, to get their unborn half breed child out, then inject her into the heart with a syringe of his blood.. Good shit there..

Now, you can knock it all you want, but until you've sat down, read the whole series, and really look beyond all the things everyone knitpicks and snickers about, its a very good modern twist on a stale ass genre. It really gets more into the deeper questions of what it would be like to be and invincible immortal being. Do you let the power go to your head? Or do you try and be good, and not let your temptations rule your existence. This is what makes it a powerful story line. Take the ethical part, mix it into what it'd be like for a teenage girl to fall in love with someone like this, and you get some real human experience out of it. You get real characters that are fucked up, and not all perfect and shiny. Shit, by the end of the 2nd and 3rd book, you don't like the main characters. They're all a bunch of fucking douches really, but that's the appeal isn't. Real poeple, put in extraordinary circumstances, that try and get through. That's why you read it. To get a gimplse into a fantasy, that to be honest has always appealed to a majority of us. What would it be like to live forever, and have powers like that? What would you pay for it? At what cost would you pay for it? Is it worthy your immortal soul?

The Twilight saga comes off very lightly on the surface, but really does get deep as the stories progress.

As far as the movies go, I don't think I've seen a more accurate book to movie transfer, as Twilight. It's pretty much dead on, and that's a good thing. They did a great job on picking the cast, the music score was very good, and they did good on making an artsy, relatively light hearted movie, that establishes the series. They needed to, as its all downhill from here.

The New Moon trailers worry me slightly, as maybe its the editing of the previews, but they may have changed a few things that go against the book. We'll see.. I'm not fond of the BS CGI wolves though. They look fake, as CGI always does. Fucking puppets and suits for life damnit!! I hope they don't cheese it up to much.

Oh, and they are not technically werewolves, so the same rules do not apply. they are something different, as will be explained later in the story.

So, F U ALL for judging me, I'll be there with the misses after the crowds die down. the 3rd and 4th book are were its at, so I'm not as physced to this one come to life, as the next two.

QUOTE (KyleTheJustin @ Nov 20 2009, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember when vampires used to be unable to go in the sun. Blade, the exception, at least had a good background story that didn't circulate around teenage girls getting hot over a dude that has a forehead 4 miles high.

4 head? At least a 5 or 6 head.