I Quit Al Fakher

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand al fakher anymore, it gives me a burn in the back of my throat. I loved there old cut and recipe....Ever since the switch can not deal with there shisha. I know I am not the minority in this. The last old batch I had from them was Orange Al Fakher back in 2007 or 2006 of December I dont remember it was a Lonnnnng time ago when I was a hookah NOOB smile.gif

Gonna pick up some AF tomorrow. Guess I'll be going with the orange based on this thread. Will post my results.

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 19 2009, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Orange is still a solid flavor. It's currently my go-to for orange.

seconded. af orange is probably my favorite flava flav.

and i have to agree with the consistency issues on some flavors, most notably grape. my first ever batch of grape was fantastic, it had a kind of "cool" smell and smoked just as refreshing. but the latest batches i've been getting has had a more "warm" smell and smoke to it. kinda like smoking a thick syrup as opposed to the old batches which is like smoking iced grapes, and very light... that probably didn't make any sense to anybody but me. tongue.gif ah well.

QUOTE (SloppyJoe @ Nov 20 2009, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried Nakhla Mizo Grape. I definitely like it better than Al Fakher Grape. Now I will have to try Tangiers Grape.

its not the same really...Tangiers Grape is like kool aid/candy grape...

White Grape is a good grape...i'd say it's a lot closer to AF Grape...

if you want something similar to Mizo Grape...buy White Grape...and burn it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Arcane @ Nov 20 2009, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SloppyJoe @ Nov 20 2009, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tried Nakhla Mizo Grape. I definitely like it better than Al Fakher Grape. Now I will have to try Tangiers Grape.

its not the same really...Tangiers Grape is like kool aid/candy grape...

White Grape is a good grape...i'd say it's a lot closer to AF Grape...

if you want something similar to Mizo Grape...buy White Grape...and burn it. biggrin.gif

I call AF White Grape "AF Throat Rape" now.

Mizo isn't as flavorful, but at least it's smokeable and close to flavor. wink.gif

My favorite AF mix at the moment is my attempt to emulate Static Starlight with AF. I mix a 50:40:10 ratio of AF Lemon, Grape, and Rose respectively. It's a little sweeter and less floral tasting than traditional Static Starlight. This appeals to some people a little more.

Also, IMO, AF smoke is THE BEST for blowing rings.

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 24 2009, 05:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My favorite AF mix at the moment is my attempt to emulate Static Starlight with AF. I mix a 50:40:10 ratio of AF Lemon, Grape, and Rose respectively. It's a little sweeter and less floral tasting than traditional Static Starlight. This appeals to some people a little more.

does that really work because the AF Grape and Tangiers Grape taste nothing alike...

Static Starlight, to me, tastes like sour grape and rose. Rose is rose so that's not much difference. Although, in my mix, you taste more of a balance between the lemon and grape with only a hint of rose. It's bliss. We tried it with NK lemon, grape, and rose the other day and the AF is way better. I still love Static. But, if you feel like something a little more sweet and a little less floral, give my mix a try. Everyone who orders it in the lounge absolutely loves it.

Just thought I would add, I have experienced the bad batches ie the harsh taste, stringy cut, not as juicy.

BUT i recently got a hold of kilos, namely grape, gum, watermelon, mint, guava. they are all produced in october and are all excellent (well I havent tried the mint yet! oh and my mates AF melon was fine too)

And the double apple i got from a month before was less anise and more sweeter, quite different (I got a second opinion from my mate and we are both DA lovers, he agreed its sweeter and not so anise)

Check your production dates, I think AF is back up to par again!

Oh and as a final note, my kilos were dubai spec, dunno if that makes a difference.

IMO from personal experience, AF with recent production dates have been good. my new box of grape and lemon have been on point. earlier i stated my grape mint started to taste like shit, well in my latest order i had another grape mint that seems to be up to par. we will see how it goes.

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 24 2009, 05:41 AM)

does that really work because the AF Grape and Tangiers Grape taste nothing alike...

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 24 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Static Starlight, to me, tastes like sour grape and rose. Rose is rose so that's not much difference. Although, in my mix, you taste more of a balance between the lemon and grape with only a hint of rose. It's bliss. We tried it with NK lemon, grape, and rose the other day and the AF is way better. I still love Static. But, if you feel like something a little more sweet and a little less floral, give my mix a try. Everyone who orders it in the lounge absolutely loves it.

you guys need to have a blend/smoke off

QUOTE (seefoodlover @ Nov 25 2009, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want to check dates on my shisha like it's milk. I want to buy it, and taste good every time. Thats why we select few no longer smoke Al Fakher.

Well you don't know what you're missing. Back in the day AF was the best shissha imo. It was cheap too. Their mint was the best flavor I've ever tasted.

Unfortunatly the last batch I got is all mushy and with lack of juice. Flavor and smell is subpar too. But to experience once again the gratness of that mint would be a dream come true.

QUOTE (HookahJohn @ Nov 25 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 24 2009, 05:41 AM)

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 24 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you guys need to have a blend/smoke off

Well, I can't really take credit for that mix. Eric's the true mixologist. I was just waiting on some SS to come in the mail and decided I'd try to get an idea of what it tasted like in AF. To be honest, I was surprised it came out so well. I'm not a huge fan of AF lemon since I consider it to be very "unlemony." But it lends itself very nicely to the subtleties of this mix.

QUOTE (ih303 @ Nov 24 2009, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Usually the smoke when I smoke AF is very weak... not very good for blowing rings... TG and SB give me better smoke for rings