I Quit Al Fakher

They still do some flavors right. But their new "wet sawdust" cut SUCKS to pack. It's so wet that it's likely to scorch and no matter what kind of bowl you use it will get clogged at some point. There's just no way to fluff it up. A the lounge, I generally pat dry the shisha before packing. I hate to waste all that good juice, but it just makes AF with its new shitty cut incredibly difficult to work with.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The AF grape I have is really good compared to their older stuff, the lemon isn't anything to write home about though..

I've tried AF Grape and Sweet melon, 2 different tubs of each, and they were both complete shit. The melon seriously smelled like rotten fruit. The grape has a slight undertone of that, and didn't taste good at all.. I tried 2 different tubs of each, with different manufacturing dates.. they all sucked..

Now, I expect a bad box once in awhile, as maybe the packaging got messed up, and air got in.. But that should be the only reason the shisha is bad. NOT because the manufacture can't seem to get their own product coming out right.. its not acceptable by any means, and its not worth my time or money, when there are far better brands that seem to get it right every time..

I dunno, maybe AF is like a mediocre chef, who doesn't write down their recipes? A little this, alittle that, damn.. how much did I put in of this?? Eh.. this'll do.... Nope that sucked.. Better ship it anyways though, as we can't afford to waste it!!

they either need to get it right or go out of business..

Mint, Esk Apple are good, everything else I have tried is super sweet. I mostly don't smoke it because of the red dye... headaches.

I have good sessions with AF for the most part, occasionally a bad one probably due to poor heat management, but I love AF. I've heard they're recently having consistency issues, maybe it's because my local shop doesn't get much business so his AF is probably a few months old or something, no idea... but I love it, especially mint.

QUOTE (HookahJohn @ Nov 17 2009, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i am actually feeling the opposite, i went through what you did and was all tang and nak for the last year but recently loving af again. go figure?

QFT I feel like the AF orange taste a lot better now. I haven't had a bad batch of AF in months now. Whenever I run out of tobacco I pick up a few 50g boxes to smoke for the night from my local (over priced) shop. Not 1 box has been a bad batch. It seems like whenever I buy a tub of AF it is more likely to taste/smell strange rather than the small 50g.

Doesn't make sense to me.

....still haven't tried Nakhla Guava sad.gif

QUOTE (HookahJohn @ Nov 19 2009, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (nickimholte @ Nov 19 2009, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
got ballsy and bought some orange. smoking it now and it's great

was i right or was i right?

you were 100% right! i ordered from you last night before i tried my 50g of orange. i would've gotten a tub from you. oh well, next time.