Mold In Base.

Hey guys I have a problem here, so I lent my hookah to a friend of mine for about a week.

And i'm guessing he didn't pour out the water out of the base for the whole period because when i checked the base at home, i noticed that there were little mold spots inside it.

I'm wondering what are good remedies to clean this all out, the brush can't really do a thing about the molds at the bottom of the base. I've tried putting soap water in the base and letting that sit overnight, didn't seem to work in the end

So any suggestions? Thanks, oh and btw, it's a KM base.

QUOTE (modisess @ Nov 17 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks! i was thinking about using bleach as well, but wasn't sure if it would've been safe!

Just make sure you rinse your base out well before you smoke again. If you can still smell bleach, you need to keep rinsing. Not only is inhaling bleach fumes moderately toxic, it can aggravate the lungs and give you a really bad headache.

Bleach can be baad if you don't clean it out well enough. You have to really rinse it out, or else you can get sick. The first time I cleaned out my hookah with bleach I rinsed it tons and tons but I think I let it sit too long with bleach in it because once I smoked it it tasted/smelled like bleach and I ended up puking.

same thing happened to me with a mya base that i left full and neglected for a while. i just rinsed it with some bleach and warm water from the tap. swirl it around in there a few times and that should do the trick. just rinse the balls out of it.

also, remember that most bases (including km bases) aren't tempered glass. so don't use water that's really hot because you'll end up breaking the damn thing. i've done that before...sad.gif