Anyone Ever Try Putting Shisha Through A Vaporizer?

Just picturing it in my mind, I would imagine a very pronounced flavor with whispey cigarette type smoke...

Who knows, but na interesting topic. Also relates to electric burning elements, as many companies (er, a few) are trying very hard to get those to market.

I would love a large-scale vaporizor which could zap half a bag of Tangiers, with which you then smoke for 8 hours post-vape with no worries.

Talk about 1000 dollar "hookah" however.

So, as it stands, it would seem while a vaporizer would work on shisha, depending on the way the heating element would hold it (think vertical), its a matter of capacity with existing designs.. They seem to made to hold a small amount..

You'd need a custom made vaporizer to hold a large amount of shisha, so we can get the volume of smoke that we expect. Who's good with a soldering gun? LOL

Plus there's how to design it. Box style vaporizers, are more to how a hookah works, as they vape in real time, but where is that juice going to go? the Volcano doesn't suffer that problem it would seem, but I"m not about to sit there and wait a minute or 2 to fill up a bag, everytime I want some kashmir peach running through my lungs..

I have a few ideas, on how to do it all, but I don't think I have the tech skillz required to make anything.. Who's good with a soldering gun? LOL Edited by Barnaby

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Oct 22 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why would you want to though, it just seems dumb to me.

If you could have a hookah, that didn't use charcoal, and maximized the hookah experience (ie, zero combustion, full flavor, no harshness), wouldn't you want to smoke out of it?

No more buying coals, no ashes, no burning your rug/floor, no carbon monoxide poisoning, no chance of burning your shisha, better efficiency (less shisha to get same experience = more money in your wallet)

If a vaporizer could be merged with a more hookah like design, I think there is a very real, and substantial benefit, over how hookahs work today.

Very much how the phunnel revolutionized the modern hookah, replacing the coals with an electric, vaporizer design, would further revolutionize the hookah by providing a better experience, and have the potential for less health consequences..

It definitely warrants some investigation, and some experimenting.. At the very least, its something to do.. wink.gif

It should work fine. It would be a hassle. Since most quality vaporizers cost a lot of money it might not be worth it. If you wanted to try it you could get one of the small hand held ones that you put a lighter to and see if it works. The only problem I could think of is that they are not designed to have liquid in the vapor chamber so it might drip and cause damage.

doing a tad bit more research into the matter, the Vapor Brother's vaporizer unit should work ok for catching the shisha's juices, as long as you get the hands free one. On this model, they glass piece you'd put the shisha into, is kinda like a bowl. This way, when you put it onto the heating element, anything that drops/leaks down from the screen area, catches in this bowl to avoid getting in the heating element. As long as you don't over do it, it shouldn't have a problem with the juices leaking..

QUOTE (frogbmth @ Oct 24 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been using an Iolite vaporizer for six months now, works great. Its economical, I get nice clouds of vapour, good flavour and a nice buzz. A bowl full lasts around 10 minutes.

are you using nakhla, al fakher, starbuzz..? how juicy is the shisha you are using?

I've only used Al Fakher and Nakhla, I found the Al Fakher Grape dripping wet and like to blot it a little before use with some kitchen paper. The other flavours I use are all pretty average. The herb chamber and bowl get quite messy, I have found the best way to keep it clean is to wipe it round with a damp q-tip after each use to remove the residue, and then give it a deep clean every few days with some Dr Green cleaner.

I have played with all sorts of methods, started by making tin foil crucibles to hold the material in and reduce the mess in the Iolite, but now I just pop the shisha straight in.

The Iolite takes about two minutes to warm the shisha through, then maintains a steady temperature.

Apologies for my low post count, I'm honestly not a spammer. I have been visiting here for a few months and today just had to register to reply to this thread wink.gif

I have written a guide on the Iolite for some other e-cigarette communities, and using it with shisha, tobacco and e-liquid, not sure if I would be allowed to link to it here but if so it has quite a few photos in it of the unit.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Barnaby @ Oct 21 2009, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm.. that's a good point.. Now technically speaking a good vaporizer are supposed to be extremely efficient, and a little bit would go a long way. I think the big thing would be the juice though.. But coupled with juice going everywhere, depending on the design, and how long it actually lasts before you have to refill are going to be the 2 biggest problems.

Well i work at a hookah loounge and we squeeze the juices out of the shisha. and the heads last FOREVER. and im talking AF out of an egyptian head. 3-4 hours plus. u guys should all try it sometime. the flavor is great too.

So idk if that helps u at all. try that tho and try it then get back to us.