Welcome to Hookah Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mushrat

Hookahset.com Review Thread.

32 posts in this topic
Hmmm. While I would never say they have been organized, or especially timely, This last time they finally beat the desire for me to use them again, as a vendor.

I've had issues with every order. Most of it I put for Frankly the savings on the product I've gotten.

Lets Go over some, Because now I'm starting to think this is their Normal MO.

Ship to the wrong address. They are unable to update their shipping computer apparently. Despite my address being different on the account page, I have to re-register with a new email to sign up in order to use a new address. They shipped 2 different packages to an old address before I found that out. I've moved again, and well I'm not setting up a new email just to order from one company.

Ship wrong product/ cheaper alternative product. No discount, or refund. Happened a couple times with ordering Nahkla Mizo, Ordered plastic tubs sent me the cardboard boxes, didn't refund the money. Boxes seem to dry out faster and are cheaper.

Don't have products. This is the big one, and why I'm not ordering again. Normally they'd call me and tell me they didn't have a product, they of course recommend a vastly inferior/cheaper product. I could pay for something more expensive and get cheaper shisha, sure, but if I wanted the cheaper shisha, I'd of ordered it. Usually I'd have to argue for a half hour before they make me pick a flavor I probably don't want from the brand I ordered from, of give me the discount on the unavailable flavor. Well I stopped using them for shisha, just coals. I actually prefer the Kanara coals over the others, and until recently only they had them.

This last time I ordered, I ordered 10 boxes of coal. They never shipped, never called. After a week of checking my account for shipping info, it said it had shipped, but no tracking info, and nothing from UPS had been mailed to me. I called them they said my order was ready to ship but [u][b]they didn't have ANY of the coals[/b][/u].>>> Coals are all I ordered??? Dude harangued me for well over a half hour trying to get me to try these coals or that coals, I refused, almost accepted, but I just didn't trust the coals. I demanded a refund, he said it'd take 3-5 days. 3 days later I get a shipping statement from UPS, an order has been shipped to me. I called them up, Got a different guy. He shipped my order, I told him I contacted them a few days ago, canceled the order. He said, he didn't get any cancellation, [u][b]was never out of stock on the coals[/b][/u], and couldn't stop the shipment even though I already ordered coals from another company. Now I have coals till rapture. I should have had my back just stop the payment.

Anyways I won't be using them again. They really seem like they deliberately sell you expensive product then try to replace it with cheaper product. The other hassles aren't worth the cost savings either. Edited by cypherkk

Last year (10/23/2011 - Order No. 17688) I bought a blue Mya (ECONO QT 13”) Hookah and a blue Mya Iceberg hose intended as a gift from HookahSet.com, but what I received was a hookah with the wrong color of the glass (tan instead of blue) and the set did NOT include a hose, plus the Mya Iceberg hose I received was TAN/PINK colored instead of the blue that I ordered.

After several emails with promises to replace or send the correct set, Danny simply ignored them.

It is February and I have yet to hear back or receive what I paid for.

This had been a bad first purchase experience and I'm very disappointed with the service despite the professional guise of the site and on the forums.

I'm hoping if I spread this, the guys at Hookah Set will realize their actions and remedy the situation.

Cheers,
MT

Hello all,

My experience with hookahset started out pretty decent. I have been regularly making large purchases from them for 2 years now. I am in Tampa, and there is little in terms of good selection down here - at least that I've found. I once had a backorder of Tangiers for 8 weeks, and finally had to cancel the order.

However, after the last order, I am never, EVER, ordering anything from the again.

Here's what happened:

1. I placed an order for 12 packs of shesha, 6 packs of instant coals, and a Mamoon Khalil Hookah, on Oct. 9 (fri), and check the "do not wait for backorder" option on the purchase form. All items were listed as available.

2. On the 17th, I see no confirmation of shipping in my email, so I call them. Turns out, the Hookah will not be in until the 16th, and that's when they wanted to ship the whole order. They agree to ship the shesha and coals immediately, and the hookah on friday. (lie #1)

3. On Oct 20, having still not received a shipping email for the hookah, I call them again. This time, they tell me that they're shipping the hookah that day. (lie #2)

4. On Oct 22, still no email, I call them back and the rep is rude and useless. she tells me it hasn't shipped yet. I finally get someone who knows what's going on, and he tells me that the hookah will be in THAT friday, and they'll ship it then, and that he will email me. (lie #3 and #4)

5. Sunday Oct 25, still no email, I order a hookah from a different site.

6. Monday, Oct. 26 I call Hookaset again, this time to cancel my order. I am told that it has already shipped (lie #5), and the only way I can get a refund is by sending it back, and they'll refund me upon return. I tell them I will.

7. Oct. 27 (7:57pm) I get an email confirming my cancellation and refund - $15 less than the cost of the hookah. (even with the 15% off, the hookah was $49.99 - so the refund should be $42.49.

8. I sent them an email back with an itemized receipt. If they don't refund it, I'm getting my CC company to pull the funds for fraudulent charge. 

Honestly, the problem is not the fact that an item wasn't in, when they said it was, or when it would be (twice). The problem was the rude service, and incessant lying. I would rather pay more elsewhere and get decent service, than deal with the utter lack of professionalism at hookahset. Any normal business would have at least apologized for the problem, and many would have tried to make amends by offering a discount or something on future purchases at least. Here, I was treated like I was doing something wrong by inquiring after a product I had paid for.

I'm done with them.

Hey again (same guy as above, here again).

I just got an email from hookahset arguing that their $35.35 refund is legit, because of the 15% discount. 

Let's just look at this lack of math here (hookah was 49.99)

49.99 x .15 (15%) = 7.49 (that's the discount)

49.99-7.49 = 42.50 (that's what the refund should be)

to get their 35.35, they are counting a 30% discount. What the holy hell?

If they don't refund it today, I'm having the CC pull the funds s a fraudulent charge.

Hey again (same guy as above, here again).

I just got an email from hookahset arguing that their $35.35 refund is legit, because of the 15% discount. 

Let's just look at this lack of math here (hookah was 49.99)

49.99 x .15 (15%) = 7.49 (that's the discount)

49.99-7.49 = 42.50 (that's what the refund should be)

to get their 35.35, they are counting a 30% discount. What the holy hell?

If they don't refund it today, I'm having the CC pull the funds s a fraudulent charge.

Hello! So, I've been ordering from hookahset since 2011, and making regular orders for about two years. Regular meaning I place an order for shisha and coals about twice a month. My experience started off great, with the discounts and regular sales etc, especially since I pretty much always order the same thing and they always have it in stock.

The problems, as with most from what I can tell, are with pretty much everything else. Once, I was sent a box of coals that I didn't order with no call and no explanation. I didn't bother with looking for a refund because I was lazy. Then, on more than one occasion, my order hasn't been shipped for days after it was sent, despite their claim that they ship M-F within 24 hours. When I've branched off to try other things, I'll almost always get a call saying that the flavor is out of stock (social smoke) or receive an alternate brand or something when my order arrives.

I ordered a dragon flip bowl to replace my current one, and was sent a regular flip instead. I called to have the order refunded, and was sent a duplicate tracking label. I didn't notice it at the time, but after it was sent and I checked the tracking number I realized it was a mistake. This took just over a month to resolve with many calls and emails, but I was eventually issued a full refund for the flip bowl.

On a weird note, I always use FEDEX shipping when I buy (my orders are always over $75 so I get the free shipping discount), but they always ship per USPS priority, anyway. I once called to complain that my order hadn't been sent out/wouldn't arrive on time, and they claimed that someone had upgraded my shipping to the USPS priority and so technically I'd already received better shipping than I'd paid for and that the FEDEX ground would have arrived after the date anyway.

Discount codes don't work, inconsistent shipping practices, items and flavors out of stock without any kind of post. It's the little things. I haven't been screwed by hookahset as badly as some, it would seem, but I don't think I'll be ordering from them again. It's not worth the annoyance of wondering if my order will be sent out in a timely manner, or if I'll receive the correct items if I deviate from my usual. Sorry to say that I've been one of the people keeping them in business for the past five years. I'm going back to hookah-shisha.

Been ordering from HookahSet for approximately 7 years on a regular basis. Things used to go well. We would get the correct items, and in a timely manner. 

Now? They either ship tobacco with items that were not ordered without letting us know that the ones we've put into our cart were out of stock. When confronted, they said it was of equal value and it kept the order from being held up. Why send flavours that weren't ordered? If I wanted to smoke those flavours, I would've clearly added them to the cart.

Placed an order last week or so. They called to let me know that EIGHT....8 flavours were out of stock and when I mentioned that I tried ordering another flavour but it wasn't on their site, they told me that they had 6 and they didn't update the site to show the current flavours in stock. He asked if I wanted all 6 to make up for 6/8 that they were missing. I told him: No. I'm on my way to school, can you please e-mail me and let me know specifically which flavours they were unable to fill and which they had available for possible swaps. He agreed.

A week later, no e-mails but my money had been fully refunded??? What kind of customer service is this? Are they crazy? That was a $300+ order of just Shisha. I'm almost out, thus placed an order. I didn't want my money back, I wanted them to e-mail me as per request. What kind of mickey mouse operation has this become?

Done.

If anybody knows another company with selection that miraculously never gets hit by border duty taxes, please send them my way!!! In desperate need of Shisha from a company that'll actually send out what I've ordered.