Hookah Etiquette

[quote name='Skoozle' date='04 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1278280310' post='473977']
I usually poke the hose in through the top of my pants and out of my open zipper and yell "SUCK ON THIS, BITCHES"

Is that polite?
[/quote]

Yes. I suggest you write an etiquette book.

[quote name='Skoozle' date='04 July 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1278280310' post='473977']
I usually poke the hose in through the top of my pants and out of my open zipper and yell "SUCK ON THIS, BITCHES"

Is that polite?
[/quote]

bahahahahahahahahaha

Where  I come from "puff puff pass" simply doesn't work out because of how selfish we all are lol. We each take our time with our turns and to be honest with you I'm probably the biggest hose hog there is. We usually have like 8 people and at least 5 hookahs. One time we had 7 people and 7 hookahs, the whole basement was full of smoke and it was bigger than your average basement.

• 9 months later...
I set up the hookah as in packing the bowl, putting water in the base, getting coals ready, and I realized its rude for the "guest" smoker to grab the hose instantly when I lie the coals on the bowl. Damn roomate has no manners!

Edit:[size="7"]I COMMENCE THY THREAD... REVIVED![/size]

• 4 months later...
The tradition of smoking Hookah stretches across many countries and countless cultures. Keeping that in mind, here are some social tips on how to smoke a Hookah when you are in a crowd of people.
Never light a cigarette using the Hookah coals, it is considered rude and may taint the flavor.
When passing the hose, fold the handle so the tip is pointing at you, never point it at others as it is a sign of disrespect and hostility.
Similarly when sitting. If you cross your legs, do not point your foot or show someone the bottom of you feet. It's considered offensive.
When talking, pass the hose to others who may want to smoke. A Hookah hose is not a microphone.
Your Hookah should be on the floor and not sitting above you, when sharing with someone turn the hookah to give them more slack with the hose. This may also help prevent the Hookah from tipping over.

S3cretz, when I saw your thread it reminded me that I've seen the same topic a good few times, haha. Now this isn't to discourage posting about the same or similar topic, but I think it would be better if all the threads were merged so that it's all in one nice, easy-to-find place. Since this is a recurring topic kinda like the Music for Smoking thread, I went ahead and merged all the Hookah Etiquette threads I could find.

as far as the passing order goes we have very specific rules in our group of smoking friends.
The person who says starter first gets to get it started and smoke first, the person who says chewie gets to be second (only the 2 people seated next to the starter have that right) and that sets the direction of the passing. Also I have obtained birthright starter from being the only person who actually knows how to do shit right (not as much as a lot of you guys but you know, im getting there). And the person who packed the bowl gets the right to call makers chewie no matter where he sits. Tho quite honestly we havent been smoking in large groups lately (usually me and a friend or two) so it doesnt really matter.
As for hogging, we all like smoking freely, so there is no limit of puffs or anything but we tend to pass every 5 mins or so.
The shisha is always placed on the ground, mostly for convenience tho, its pretty tall (my rig is the best we have so far).

When I bring my hookah to my friend's place on occasion 5-6 will get on it. I only have one hookah but the puff puff pass system works out quite well. People will come and go from the circle and no one really hogs the hose. If someone is talking or wants a few extra puffs no one bitches really. I do make people who are sick sit out or use a plastic tip; otherwise we share germs, lol.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314132932' post='521053']
S3cretz, when I saw your thread it reminded me that I've seen the same topic a good few times, haha. Now this isn't to discourage posting about the same or similar topic, but I think it would be better if all the threads were merged so that it's all in one nice, easy-to-find place. Since this is a recurring topic kinda like the Music for Smoking thread, I went ahead and merged all the Hookah Etiquette threads I could find.
[/quote]

But Chreeeees I likey my own threads :P
but its k if the banhammer commands it (bow)

[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1314190114' post='521144']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1314132932' post='521053']
[/quote]

But Chreeeees I likey my own threads :P
but its k if the banhammer commands it (bow)
[/quote]

Haha, sorry man. Just keeps things more organized. When someone wants to research it now, instead of having to look at four or five different threads (can't remember exactly how many I merged together), they only have to find and read one complete thread instead of finding them all and whatnot.