Shisha Not Bubbling

hi guys

ive bought a shisha pipe that two people can smoke at the same time, from Camden market.
Only problem is i cant get the water at the bottom to bubble when i inhale, the pipe is sitting in about 1" deep of the water.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

To give you a little info on what it is they are talking about ill break it down a little bit just so you know why. When you buy a 1 hose hookah the the little thing on the opposite of the hose port contains a ball bearing that prevents any extra airflow to come through and allow you to pull directly through the tobacco. When you purge, or blow into the hose to clear smoke, you push the ball bearing out to allow the air flow. 2 hose hookah models done have the ball bearing (some do) so when you pull on the hose you are not stopping the extra airflow from coming in through the other hose and you are just pulling direct air in through it instead of through the tobacco. Putting your thumb over it will fix the issue.

Hey look I'm not lurking and helping out today! Edited by Purplepotatoe

You may :

1) Not have enough water in your base
2) Too much water
3) A leak (bowl, hose, hose gasket, hose port, base gasket, bowl gasket)
4) Too many Holes in the foil

Test the draw before you smoke. With the bowl (unloaded) on top of the hookah, with the hose in, put your hand over the top of the bowl. Take a draw. You should feel suction on your hand and the water should bubble. If it doesn't it's most likely a leak or water problem.

It would still bubble with however many holes in the foil, you don't even need a bowl. A leak in the hose or one of the grommets would have to be really big to cause this, virtually impossible to miss... and if we assume the OP is not completely retarded he should have a viable amount of water in the base tongue.gif

Gotta be ball bearing or downstem. Edited by gaia.plateau

I would say theres a leak somewhere, ive even seen brand new hookahs have broken hoses sad.gif , but just look for leaks around everywhere, possible ball bearing stuck in it, aka rusted in, its either hose grommet, base grommet, or a ball check valve stuck, hope it helps.