Wow Fml

Tyler

So this morning I go to start my car and head out to class...and it doesn't start. So I assume maybe I left a light on or something and jump it, well the car starts and I let it sit for a while. Then, as I'm making my way to class, the cars 4x4 light comes on and the lights flicker. Fuck. I eventually just go straight to the dealership. Come to find out, my battery is completely shot, it was the origonal that came in the car in 2004. So now I have to pay $382 for a new BMW X3 battery. FML. There goes 4 months worth of my shisha/tobacco/coal funds. Good thing I made a fairly decent sized order with HJ last week because I won't be ordering again til Jan/Feb :-\

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got the CPO warranty on it, which apparently covers everything from the alternator to the little trigger for the power windows, but the two things it won't cover are batteries and window glass :-\

If I didn't get it for about $17,000 less than sticker price I would be more upset. I'm more saddened by the dip into my hookah fund than I am the car, because other than the battery, it's been pretty much sex on wheels.

1968 mustang for the win....... any old ford parts work with it..... generic batteries are fine..... i broke down last month.... cost me 45 bucks to fix.... had to replace a fuel pump and filter..... which again are amazingly cheap (which is due in part to the fact that ford pumps go out ALL the time but still)...... now that car is sex on wheels

Well I got the new battery, new hose thingy, brake fluid flush, new wipers, labor, and a loaner car for a day for 312.12. Still kind of irked but meh. Also got a free car wash and vaccume with service biggrin.gif

Well, brake fluid flushes are like 100, a loan car for a day is usually like 50-75, new hose thing is [according to pep boys] 80, and wipers are like 20 a pop, so id say I didn't make out too badly all things considered.

Now I understand why you paid that much for all that...You call something in the car a 'hose thingy' You could have def got a cheaper deal, but I understand that sometimes you just want your car fixed asap and dont really think too much. Next time though take a few to check your options or people will take advantage of you for a long time. BTW, you think I could borrow your car for a night, my 01 Blazer isnt really sex on wheels.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Oct 2 2009, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, brake fluid flushes are like 100, a loan car for a day is usually like 50-75, new hose thing is [according to pep boys] 80, and wipers are like 20 a pop, so id say I didn't make out too badly all things considered.

For me, a brake fluid flush costs 7 bucks plus about 30 min of my time, ive never had a car loan, not sure what how you are talking about, usually hoses don't cost that much, and wipers are cheaper at walmat, but for bmws, id say 20 bucks ain't bad. Hell, I needed a brake job on my car and when to a shop, they quoted me 400 bucks I think it was, I went to autozone, bought the parts, and did it myself for around $150. Anything from an auto mechanic place is outrageous. I still think you got completely fucked on it, but if you can justify it, more power to you.

I can change my own oil, tires, and basics like that, but thats where my DIY car stuff stops :-\

The only other make of cars I'll own willingly is a Chevy. Oh, it wasn't a hose thingy, I thought it was because of the picture, it's actually my serpitine belt that I replaced.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Oct 2 2009, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only other make of cars I'll own willingly is a Chevy. Oh, it wasn't a hose thingy, I thought it was because of the picture, it's actually my serpitine belt that I replaced.

A chevy??? Do you just love spending money on repairs?? Not trying to be a dick here, but chevy sucks. Well, not all, but most. Wow, you got fucked on the serpentine belt too. Had to replace it on my old Dodge avenger I had, cost 20 bucks. Haven't had to replace it on my HONDA yet, but doubt it will be more than 20-25 bucks. A serpentine belt is one of the easiest things to put on....well, maybe not a beamer though, dunno, never dealt with them. Sure hope you love your car. Get a honda or toyota next time, you won't be sorry wink.gif