Did A Stupid Thing. Always Be Careful With Fire

I put a hot coal, into the wife's crystal ashtray. I thought it was almost out, but it was still hot. The ashtray EXPLODED, sending bits of shattered glass all around. Fortunately, it was outside, and no one was hurt. I should have known better, I had some water when I was smoking, so I could have doused it.

ALWAYS be careful, and put all coals OUT!

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 30 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tpatt90 @ Sep 30 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha wtf moment right?

I think most of us have done either this or something close to this before so dont feel bad.........there will be other moments to come trust me wink.gif

Mmm yes.. next time your pipe might explode! wink.gif

Yeah thats some shit right there.
I wish i could remember the vendor that sold the pipes that came with a crystal glass tray......ill post if i find it.
It looks cool and everything but kinda impractical.

Edit: found one.........Glass tray hookah

QUOTE (cemab4y @ Sep 30 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I put a hot coal, into the wife's crystal ashtray. I thought it was almost out, but it was still hot. The ashtray EXPLODED, sending bits of shattered glass all around. Fortunately, it was outside, and no one was hurt. I should have known better, I had some water when I was smoking, so I could have doused it.

Ive done this exact thing, only difference it wasnt the wifes. And this might sound bad but i rarely put coals I leave them on the bowl for however long. But i smoke by myself so dont have to worry about dumb asses knocking shit over.

welcome back Cem
...ya my friend did that...we were rough-housing and he managed to knock my hookah over, coals on his rental's carpet...he picked them up with his hand and put them in the ashtray. I said "I wouldn't do that if I were you""why".....BOOM!

Yeah, it stunk the place up something fierce. Oh well, the living room carpet is already toast thanks to a few incidents earlier in my noobie hookah days. The couch isn't a keeper anyways, the rear frame is busted but somehow doesn't sag. Either way, it's being broke down and trashed when I move....so no real loss.

QUOTE (mustang_steve @ Oct 1 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Two days ago I dropped a coal, it managed to get between the couch cushions, then kept breaking in pieces when I tried to grab it....it burnt through the couch into the carpet underneath.

I was less than amused.

Hahahah that sounds terrible, i can't imagine worse luck, oh well it happens and luckily it wasn't like a brand new couch and some 20370834 thread-count persian rug worth thousands..

But still, your story amused me tongue.gif

rofl, I did it again! Today I had a ceramic bowl that I was using that once again should of been heat resistant. Cracked right in half. Its funny that after all this time no problems untill I post on this topic... Anyway, I guess ill be using a metal bowl from now on.

QUOTE (cemab4y @ Sep 30 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

couldnt agree more. my husband dropped a coal on the garage floor without telling me, and i come out barefoot and step on a piece as small as a pinhead. well i couldnt walk on that foot for days!

Once on a party some retards pushed the hookah off the table with the coals on it.When they hit the ground,they splitted in 10-15 smaller pieces,it was a nightmare to gather them all so we spilled water all across the floor to extinguish them.After that "little" accident the parquet has tiny holes which are very irritating... Oh well,things like that do happen. sad.gif