Blowing Soap Bubbles With A Hookah

Here is what you do. This works best! Take 2 empty bottles of water- the normal longer sized one's of like ice mountain. Cut them both in half and save the ends that have the hole (where the water comes out) and tape those together with duct tape. Mix in a dish alot of dish soap like dawn and water (mix it to your needs) take your bottle and swirl one end in the soap and blow your smoke through the other end of the bottle and fill the bubble as much as you want and jerk the bottle up so the bubble disconnects. Best way to make smoke bubbles, toilet paper role does not work for me

Edit: this wont get you bubbles from the top of the hookah but it gets your bubbles. Edited by Enjoivolcom

You take a hit of the hookah, then blow into some kind of bubble forming device, such as a wand. Personally I would use a 2 liter with a hold punched in the bottom, dip the tip into a soap/water mixture, then blow through the bottom (after taking a hit) which would push the smoke into the bubbles.

QUOTE (willmcneice @ Sep 23 2009, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I'd like to be able to blow soap bubbles out of the top of a hookah - it's for a children's theater production of Alice in Wonderland. Does anyone know of a way I can do this?

Thanks,
Will McNeice.

This person is asking for a way to use the hookah exclusively for the making of bubbles, somehow I doubt they'd have a live smoking hookah going during a children's play....

You might be able to get a small bubble making machine and put it in the ash tray. If it's small enough you may be able to hide it behind the top of the stem and the bowl. This would make it look like bubbles were coming from to top. I'm guessing this is meant to be kid friendly smoke. But don't tell the government cause the next thing you know this will be a link between hookah and kids, and hookah will end up like flavored cigarettes.

QUOTE (redjako @ Sep 23 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let it fill, fall slightly, then snap it off gently (just like you gently cough for rings).

Its fun to do with parties and/or drunk chicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fplR0OZoRVY

They want the bubbles to come out of the hookah. It's for a play with children, so I don't think they'll be actually smoking the hookah.

The only way that you can do this is to leave the hookah empty and pour a teaspoon or so of bubble soap into the bowl. I don't know how well it will work though. You're better off buying a bubble machine and hiding it near the hookah.

Don't ya just love when everyone who responds reads even the first sentence of the original post?

On topic though, I can't really think of any way it'd be possible with a hookah. You could, however, rig one of those bubble-machines to look like a hookah. Might be able to do the job with something as simple as cardboard and paper mache. Paint it up and you've got something fine enough as a play prop.

QUOTE (redjako @ Sep 23 2009, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let it fill, fall slightly, then snap it off gently (just like you gently cough for rings).

Its fun to do with parties and/or drunk chicks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fplR0OZoRVY

I usually use pvc piping, cardboard gets soggy and comes apart. I went to the ghetto dollar store the other day and saw a 6 pack of official MR.BUBBLES stuff for a buck, so I picked it up. I am using 3/4" pvc for the hookah handles I am making, so I just sawed like a 3" section off for this. I usually do what you did and put soap and water in a little dish, but I figured official bubbles might work too. But, I noticed I was having a hard time getting the pvc to fit into the small bubbles container. So, I got fed up and decided to start blowing bubbles with the wand provided. I forgot I still had just taken a hit, and started blowing bubbles and noticed the wand works great for a ton of small smoke bubbles. So, I use the wand for small bubbles and the pvc for bigger bubbles.

I noticed you have Vaseline/hand lotion on the table...you doing a little wacky wacky??

what you could do is tape the purge port, soap up the top of the bowl and when its the scene, blow and smoke should come from out of the bowl. but like someone said above, you'd have to resoap the top to blow more bubbles.

If you want a bubble volcano you can use a phunnel bowl with scalli mod, put some soapy water in the phunnel bowl with the mod and seal off the purge valve... then blow away. Make sure to leave the base empty. Edited by Plex

I would try to find 3 or 4 of those kids toy bubble making pipes and mod them to fit the top of the hookah with something conecting all of them together like maybee a small plastic container, cut the pipe mouth pieces really short and attach them to the container through small holes and super glue it air tight.And then find a way to connect it to the top of the hookah. and plug the purge valve and leave the base empty.Fill all the toy pipes with soapy water and then when you blow into it it should make tons of flying bubbles.