smoke color?

Just curious if anyone has some food coloring...  if so... Drop a couple drops in for me and see if it changes the color of your smoke.  I am really curious, but I don't have any food coloring, and I don't feel like running to the store at 1130pm.

i dont think this will work, because Ive tried purple grape juice (not 100% juice) and the smoke was white. Given that the juice was not 100% fruit juice, Im sure they have added some kind of coloring because it was a very dark grape juice. I know its not EXACTLY what you were lookin for, but I thought it would help

[quote name='d_apathy']Different elements burn diff colors. Chances are even
if you found a way to change the color wouldnt be healthy for you.[/quote]
The only stuff I know of is sh*t like Magnesium and the like. 
Some butane torch lighters use elements like this to change the flame
color to purple, red, or green.  I'm not aware of anything to
change smoke color, and putting magnesium or anything near shisha can't
possibly be good for your health.

TYLER

It won't help because almost everything gives out white smoke when burned but certain elements change the colour when exposed to extreme heat such as copper, metal and such but heat from the coal would not be enough to do this reaction. There might be chemical solutions that would give colour to smoke at lower degrees but even those would not guarentee that it will be healthy... Smoking tobacco is unhealthy enough, I do not think anybody would risk heavy metal poisoning just to have some colour...

Wow. Coloring in gases and liquids are different. Water and glycerine appear the same, for all intents in purposes, but water vapor is nearly clear while glycerine is white. Food coloring, if you were to vaporize it would not necessarily be the same color as it is in its liquid state, if it vaporizes at all. Spectroscopy does indeed deal with the different colors of elements, the effects are caused by the heating that excites electrons and then they return to normal, emitting radiation. Food coloring has little to deal with spectroscopy. Spectroscopy is a process for qualitative analysis, predominantly, although it is used in the fireworks industry to a degree. Food coloring involves using water soluble chemicals that absorb and reflect the correct spectra of radiation, one is a bright line emission phenomenon (Spectroscopy), one is a dark-line absorbtion phenomenon (food coloring)! Vapors/gases tend to have less diversity in colors then do liquids or solids. Spectroscopy is always done on a liquid or a solid, never a gas, if you see what I mean. Cholrine gas has a slight greenish color, bromide has an oily yellow-orange color about it vapors. Sulfur fumes yellowish. D_Apathy is right, though, it probably wouldn't be good for you...If I think about it, I'll look into safe vapor colorizers, preferably flavorless, too.

now, I'm not saying your smoke will be real red or anything, don't get too excited. It just looked like it had kind of a pinkish hue to it. And not everyone agreed with me who smoked it...
It is very tasty and worth smoking reguardless.

Reminds me of lighting smoke bombs a few years back on the 4th of July.
Didn't smell too great, wouldn't breathe it in, but it was
neat-lookin'.
Have fun coming up with colored smoke, let us know if anybody's successful...

• 1 year later...
i was googling this wondering if there was a way, going on the basis that the AF melon is slightly pink, what if you jst added lots of colouring to the ma3asel itself....???

QUOTE (EternalSoil @ Jan 1 2008, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmmm... i dont even remember why i posted that last night.... weird.

cos ur random. man colord smoke would be great. for starters, people would associate hookahs less with illicit substances when they see someone smoking outside and it would also get more people into hookah, so great for hookah bars. if someone manages to turn WATER VAPOUR a different colour...then they can make coloured hookah smoke..