John's Cigars?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F&UCK you guys! Lol I thought I had just gotten away from cigar smoking..... I feel the nice to go pick up some sticks now....

Gurhka's are always good even the cheaper ones I have found them for pretty cheap...$5 a stick? my go to smoke has been and always been either a Excalibur III or a Excalibur Dark Knight II another really cheap stick I have found is Flor De Olivia Maduros pretty cheap less than a buck a stick but I remember a good flavor and burn. By no means is it an Excalibur or even a Gurhka but pretty good for people on a budget.

I have also found to really enjoy acids since I picked up hookah, its kinda like smoking a lightly flavored tombac.

I gave up smoking cigars for the most part about 2 years ago when I picked up hookah, for a number of reasons. One I couldnt keep up with cigars and hookah at the same time, I had to make a choice. Also my gf doesnt like the thought of me smoking cigars but is cool with hookah....i dunno why but w/e

From what it sounds JD, your cigars have dried a bit and not being stored in true spanish cedar has resulted in an unpleasant taste. Now not that they have to be in spanish cedar( there are 2 or 3 other woods that can be used) but that is the best. the only other really cheap option is to go with a coolador or a tuppador. Going with a fridgador is a litte more costly and if your just getting in to the hobby I suggest staying away from that idea its easier to get a few cheap humies. Here is one really cheap solution : http://www.famous-smoke.com/acrylic+humido...&Ne=1000041 look for one of these at bed, bath and beyond or a home goods store etc. Just your standard coffee bean container/sugar/etc shouldnt be more than 10 or so you could also always order from the site and then look for a humi stick they are about 10 bucks: http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigar+savor+dr...&Ne=1000135. Quick easy solution and you will always need more than one humi, this is great for traveling and going to a friends once you have your main humi ready.

Check out this site: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/ and http://www.eotacforum.com/viewforum.php?f=143 some of the same guys post on both of these sites, they will be very helpful. cigar.com used to support the Eotac forum but then started there own so they broke off.

hope this helps a bit,
Mike

QUOTE (Zinite @ Sep 27 2009, 10:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here's an order I made yesterday at cigarsinternational.com

Sampler includes 1 each of:
- 5 Vegas Gold Churchill (7.0"x50)
- Black Pearl Rojo by La Perla Habana Robusto (4.75"x50)
- CAO Black Mosaic (6.0"x42)
- Fonseca Connecticut 5-50 (5.0"x50)
- Gurkha Master's Select Toro (6.0"x52)
- Indian Tabac Super Fuerte Robusto (5.0"x50)
- La Tradicion Perdomo Reserve Cameroon 'R' (5.0"x54)
- Reserva Maxima Media Corona by Puros Indios (5.5"x44)

The First Class Humidor Combo includes:
1 - 20-Capacity Desktop Humidor
Plus the following for free:
1 - Padilla Achilles
1 - Nica Libre
1 - Oliva Serie 'G'
1 - Gurkha Park Avenue
1 - Rocky Patel Connecticut
1 - 5 Vegas Gold Series
1 - Indian Tabac Super Fuerte
1 - Graycliff G2

$40 shipped, not bad at all.

where did you ge the humidor combo from?

QUOTE (RingsMaster @ Sep 28 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 - Padilla Achilles
1 - Nica Libre
1 - Oliva Serie 'G'
1 - Gurkha Park Avenue
1 - 5 Vegas Gold Series
1 - Graycliff G2

bolded for you

QUOTE (Scoop @ Sep 29 2009, 04:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RingsMaster @ Sep 28 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 - Padilla Achilles
1 - Nica Libre
1 - Oliva Serie 'G'
1 - Gurkha Park Avenue
1 - 5 Vegas Gold Series
1 - Graycliff G2

bolded for you

od my lol thats what i get for staying up that late lol, funny thing is i was looking on cigar international and didnt find it, but i did find some nice sampler paks lol

QUOTE (RingsMaster @ Sep 29 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
perhaps he could link it for me lol, i need a new humidor and dont want a very big one and this comes with some freebies lol

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA02
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA11

Price has gone up. Will be $55 including shipping now.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Sep 29 2009, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (RingsMaster @ Sep 29 2009, 08:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
perhaps he could link it for me lol, i need a new humidor and dont want a very big one and this comes with some freebies lol

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA02
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=SP-CA11

Price has gone up. Will be $55 including shipping now.

thanks lol i got something different due to my lovely GF buying me some very nice cigars lol i got a 50 capacity which i hope to be very nice

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 30 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Rocky Patel 5's are garbage. The Gran Habano's are very good. CAO's are pretty good too.

ive had the vintage 1990 and 1992 as well as the sun grown and loved them, all personal taste of course, but i do love the gran habano 3 singlos and pretty much every CAO lol, the brazillia is extremly dark and so tasty

Well, I finally got my humidor in today. Wow.. it's a beautiful humidor. I was worried when you guys told me not to get one from ebay, but this one was $40, and it was the only one there of it's design, so I figured maybe it'll be better than the other junk there. It is! It's very nice. Sadly, I didn't get any of the humidifying solution with it, so now I gotta look around for that stuff. I rubbed some water onto the wood, and left a shotglass of water in it with the cigars. The hydrometer says it's at 60%, so.. I hear that's a good point, though 65 is supposedly better. It's already a bit humid in this house anyway. I'm just glad to get them outta that wine box.

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 1 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I finally got my humidor in today. Wow.. it's a beautiful humidor. I was worried when you guys told me not to get one from ebay, but this one was $40, and it was the only one there of it's design, so I figured maybe it'll be better than the other junk there. It is! It's very nice. Sadly, I didn't get any of the humidifying solution with it, so now I gotta look around for that stuff. I rubbed some water onto the wood, and left a shotglass of water in it with the cigars. The hydrometer says it's at 60%, so.. I hear that's a good point, though 65 is supposedly better. It's already a bit humid in this house anyway. I'm just glad to get them outta that wine box.

Don't rub water on the wood. It can warp the spanish cedar and cause fitting issues. You should just place a shot of distilled water in there until the humidity stays at 60-80% for 2 days. Then it's considered 'seasoned'. If it has a humidification device (usually a sponge in plastic), use only distilled water.

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 1 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't rub water on the wood. It can warp the spanish cedar and cause fitting issues. You should just place a shot of distilled water in there until the humidity stays at 60-80% for 2 days. Then it's considered 'seasoned'. If it has a humidification device (usually a sponge in plastic), use only distilled water.

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Oct 1 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dont rub it but you can take a towel and make it damp and lightly pat the inside with the towel to help with the process..by the way hope your not using the gel stuff for humidity those are trash..use some 65% humidity beads

Ugh..

I already ordered some of that "Otter" humidifying stuff.. maybe otter piss, I dunno.. I also dunno if it's gel or liquid or whatever.. now you say I only need distilled water in the humidifier. Sheesh..

I only lightly rubbed it with water. Just enough to get it damp.

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Oct 1 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So how do I use the beads? Pop open the humidifier and pour them in there?

if you can find a womens stocking those work great..put the beads in there and tie it up so they dont spill out and spray them with the distilled water until they change..you can easily see which ones are wet which arnt..you want a 80/20 split..about 80% wet and leave the other 20% dry..doesnt have to be pin point accurate..i bought tubes for my humidor when i smoked cigars i got all my supplies from this site..this guy to the cigar world is what john is to the hookah industry
http://www.heartfeltindustries.com/products.asp?cat=14 you can use the mesh bags or the tubes both work great so just pick the one that will take the least space in your humi so you have more room for cigars..but like i said if you have a stocking or pantyhose thats not in use cut it and make your own...