John's Cigars?

I noticed Hookah John's now selling cigars. Anybody try any? I'm not sure if those prices are for single cigs, or boxes. If they're for whole boxes, then those can't be very good. A good cigar is usually $10 or more each.

Does this count as an NIH reference? I'm not sure..

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those are for each cigar..im not sure how well those are but ive tried about 30 different cigars and the only 2 that i like are the flor de oliva's and they are very cheap like $2-$3 each depending on size but are very very good and i do believe they are rated a 90 by aficionado magazine and the other is a bit more expensive the Gurkha Grand Envoy..alot dont like gurkha because they say they are over priced but this one is a must have for me..in the cigar world gurkha is like what starbuzz is in the hookah world except some gurkhas are worth the price and this is for me..it will run you $4-$8 depending on size

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 21 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed Hookah John's now selling cigars. Anybody try any? I'm not sure if those prices are for single cigs, or boxes. If they're for whole boxes, then those can't be very good. A good cigar is usually $10 or more each.

National Institute of Health?

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 22 2009, 05:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Without trying to sound like a c*ck, if you werent sure, you should have asked a mod instead of posting. If it was a nht reference, you would be banned now.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Sep 22 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thought about grabbing a box, kinda curious myself. Can't get a decent cigar around here without driving to Oklahoma.

theres 2 really good online sites i used to order from if your interested in getting your cigars online..but i know most cigar smokers like to develop a business relationship with a cigar store and get a more personal customer service when purchasing cigars..but if you can get pass that part you will save alot of money buying online..and thats not to say you wont get great customer service online eiter.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Sep 22 2009, 06:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 21 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

National Institute of Health?

I meant NHT.. tongue.gif

Yeah...should have PMed a mod....although no harm no foul. I know a few places that you can get cigars from I have 2 sites as well that are top notch with great prices. as far as HJ if your ordering shisha from him or coals I would add a few. The prices arent the best but they arent awful.

The problem with online retailers for cigars is normally they only have so many singles, normally they sell by the box. Which is why I have a few sites I order from because they sell singles. The prices from a retailer are going to be steeper but you have be able to pick up almost any single you want out of a brand and box.

I order from two sites. Cigar.com and Famous-Smoke.com. They both have large selections. Prices are a bit steep on their premo cigars, but I can get sampler packs and try several different ones. I haven't decided on a favorite yet. So far I've tried Cigar.com's house blends sampler. $15 for 6 different ones. Yeah, pretty cheap. I bought Famous Smoke's Autum Leaves sampler pack, 10 completely different cigars, for $30, which should arrive thursday. Some of those cheap house wrappers tasted pretty good, but the filler was nasty. About the same quality as a cigarette. I should walk to my local smoke shops and check their stock. The local indian smoke shop had some really cheapo cigars called "Churchill's Rejects" for $1 each.. I uh.. didn't want to even think of trying those. They were BIG too, so I doubt they were filled with anything even remotely good. Some site had pretty high reviews for Cigar.com's house blend blue label, which I tried, but I don't remember if they were any good.

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 22 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I order from two sites. Cigar.com and Famous-Smoke.com. They both have large selections. Prices are a bit steep on their premo cigars, but I can get sampler packs and try several different ones. I haven't decided on a favorite yet. So far I've tried Cigar.com's house blends sampler. $15 for 6 different ones. Yeah, pretty cheap. I bought Famous Smoke's Autum Leaves sampler pack, 10 completely different cigars, for $30, which should arrive thursday. Some of those cheap house wrappers tasted pretty good, but the filler was nasty. About the same quality as a cigarette. I should walk to my local smoke shops and check their stock. The local indian smoke shop had some really cheapo cigars called "Churchill's Rejects" for $1 each.. I uh.. didn't want to even think of trying those. They were BIG too, so I doubt they were filled with anything even remotely good. Some site had pretty high reviews for Cigar.com's house blend blue label, which I tried, but I don't remember if they were any good.

I have been wanting to try Cigar.com's scorched earth sampler pack!! Looks amazing! Cigar.com FTW! I have ordered from them with great results! Nothing better in life than a good cigar wink.gif

I'm curious about humidors. Anybody got a recommended one? Or just get the cheapest box that holds the most? I usually leave the cigars in the bag they come in with those pillow humidifiers, but I think a box would look nicer, especially if it had a built in hydrometer.

Heh.. now I'm going waaaaaay out of NHT territory. We need a cigar/pipe tobacco section here too! For those of us that like more than just hookah tobaccy. What'dya say, Mush? A little cigar category?

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 22 2009, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious about humidors. Anybody got a recommended one? Or just get the cheapest box that holds the most? I usually leave the cigars in the bag they come in with those pillow humidifiers, but I think a box would look nicer, especially if it had a built in hydrometer.

Heh.. now I'm going waaaaaay out of NHT territory. We need a cigar/pipe tobacco section here too! For those of us that like more than just hookah tobaccy. What'dya say, Mush? A little cigar category?

Yes I do have a humidor. It makes all the difference in the world! Keeps the flavor sealed in each cigar Beautifully. Got a really nice one off of ebay for cheap so thats were I would reccomend looking for a good quality cheap one.

Also +1 to the Cigar section! Cigar reviews section too! <3

Just acouple words from a long time cigar smoker.

Buy what you enjoy, dont get caught up in the ratings, and expensive means good mentality.

Taste is subjective, ratings are there as guidelines as to construction, burn, draw etc.. My taste does not mean a damn to anyone else on this forum because I am not you. What would matter is If I told you about a certain cigars construction, draw etc..

In the world of cigars, it is not always you get what you pay for. My favorite cigars are between 4-7 bucks a stick. With one exception and that is padrons and ashton VSG's. So dont let anyone tell any of you newbie cigar smokers that a good stick is a expensive one. Keep in mind though you might find your favorite cigar to be well over 15 bucks but that doesnt mean the 5 dollar partagas black label is shit...........far from it.

HJ carries some decent cigars, if you find that he carries a cigar you like; buy it, pay alittle extra and support a careing hookah vendor. Perdomos and olivas are the shizzle......

peace

Yeah it's a very common misconception great cigars are only 10 bucks or more a pop. the Oliva family makes great cigars for very cheap, and their highest rated cigar, the V, is under 7 bucks most places. Tatuaje brown label all tend to be under 10 bucks, those are amazing. Padron X000 cigars are cheap, but pretty delicious and they are puros as well.

Gurkha cigars are overpriced and pretty bad for the most part. They all taste like dirt (earthy).

CA is generally looked at as the noob's guide to cigars.

JD: The GH 5 is delicious, very heavy bodied. Sancho panza are pretty 1 dimensional but alright on a budget. Autumn sampler looks pretty good.

stay away from ebay humidors they are garbage..depending on how many cigars you will store make a home made one out of a lock&lock container thats what i did..just buy you some humidity beads and a digital hygrometer throw the mechanical one in the garbage or use has paper weight..i bought my digital hygrometer from walmart for $7 works beautiful...also make sure you use cedar trays nothing else!! these can be had for about $9-$14 depending where you buy from and they each hold about 30 cigars...also invest in a good cigar cutter..its just as important as picking the right cigar to buy because if you cut wrong you've ruined a perfectly good expensive cigar.. if your dead set on getting a wood humidor make sure it also is made from cedar you can get a pretty good one from cigar vendors online starting from $40+ again it depends on how many you wana store..also if you get a wood humidor buy you some distilled water nothing else ONLY distilled water and get a cloth and dampen it and wipe down the inside of the humidor this will help with the humidity also take a shot glass and it will distilled water only and put it inside the humidor and shut the humidor up make sure its air tight this will also help with moisturizing the humidor to help with humidity this is because cedar is a very dry wood then keep an eye on the hygrometer if i remember correctly you want the humidity between 65-75% i just wish i could remember what the optimal temp should be..but there are some cigars forums to find out..i hope ive helped

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Sep 22 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stay away from ebay humidors they are garbage..depending on how many cigars you will store make a home made one out of a lock&lock container thats what i did..just buy you some humidity beads and a digital hygrometer throw the mechanical one in the garbage or use has paper weight..i bought my digital hygrometer from walmart for $7 works beautiful...also make sure you use cedar trays nothing else!! these can be had for about $9-$14 depending where you buy from and they each hold about 30 cigars...also invest in a good cigar cutter..its just as important as picking the right cigar to buy because if you cut wrong you've ruined a perfectly good expensive cigar.. if your dead set on getting a wood humidor make sure it also is made from cedar you can get a pretty good one from cigar vendors online starting from $40+ again it depends on how many you wana store..also if you get a wood humidor buy you some distilled water nothing else ONLY distilled water and get a cloth and dampen it and wipe down the inside of the humidor this will help with the humidity also take a shot glass and it will distilled water only and put it inside the humidor and shut the humidor up make sure its air tight this will also help with moisturizing the humidor to help with humidity this is because cedar is a very dry wood then keep an eye on the hygrometer if i remember correctly you want the humidity between 65-75% i just wish i could remember what the optimal temp should be..but there are some cigars forums to find out..i hope ive helped

I already grabbed a cedar lined box from ebay for $40. I didn't want to try any of the cheap boxes, they looked questionable. It does come with a mechanical hydrometer, but I'll probably get a digital one when I can. I didn't know about the distilled water trick. I might try that. Shot glass full of distilled water instead of humidifiers? Odd, but it makes sense. Hopefully the cigars don't spill it over. Those tricky cigars and their pranks, y'know.

As for cutter.. I got a $3 one that'll cut 60+ ring sizes. I also got some butane refill cans for my lighters. They say butane is best to light with.

no.no..lol the water in the shot glass is at the begining only to help humidize your humidor and make it ready for your cigars once you get the right humidity take the shot glass out no need for it..its only there in the beginning because cedar is such a dry wood if you didnt do a shot glass it can take up to 3-4 weeks to get the right humidity with the glass you can have it ready within a week..it also depends on your climate..

also for lighter fluid if you can use vector brand..its the best out there you can find a can 320ml size for about $9-$11 and its been filtered 5 times..its a huge can so it will last you A LONG PHUCKIN TIME..lol so dont let the $9 price scare you..heres what it looks like http://www.amazon.com/Vector-Quintuple-Ref...0856&sr=8-2

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Sep 22 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also for lighter fluid if you can use vector brand..its the best out there you can find a can 320ml size for about $9-$11 and its been filtered 5 times..its a huge can so it will last you A LONG PHUCKIN TIME..lol so dont let the $9 price scare you..heres what it looks like http://www.amazon.com/Vector-Quintuple-Ref...0856&sr=8-2

You gotta be kidding me.. there's special butane gas? I knew there was something wrong about 5 cans of butane for $3.. it must be smelly gas.. sleep.gif

QUOTE (JDHarding @ Sep 23 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Sep 22 2009, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You gotta be kidding me.. there's special butane gas? I knew there was something wrong about 5 cans of butane for $3.. it must be smelly gas.. sleep.gif

ya if you really wana enjoy your cigar you need clean fluid..lol or else the cigar will take on the flavor of the butane and ruin it..but like i said its a huge can it will last you atleast 2-3 months even if you smoke 2-3 cigars a day..i myself have 4 cans i keep for myself..lol