Whip It !

Sapphire

ITS HERE ! ITS HERE !

I just have to share my excitement for this !

Drew Barrymore Directed it ! Roller Derby is going to BOOM as soon as everyone sees this !

Set in the exciting but less-familiar world of women's roller-derby racing, the film, which also stars the ever-delightful Ellen Page in her first role since "Juno," should perform exceptionally well for Fox Searchlight domestically and perhaps do even better overseas, given its exotic setting.

TRAILER : http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1405354521/

YIPPPPEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (fcbayern @ Sep 17 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saph I'm sorry hun, you now I wub.gif ya but I think I smell a fail boat coming here.. I hope not but, I'm pretty sure that boat is docking at the fail dock..

Ohhhhh No ! No way ! lol ... this is gonna ROCK !

I make it to the local flat track meets when i can. Carolina Roller Girls. A friedn of ours just made the team. I'm going to hate myself but im going to have to check the movie out. My wife will drop from the shock. smile.gif

Have some friends in DFW that go to roller derby's all the time, never been myself.

Ellen Page's Best Roll was in a movie called "Hard Candy" - Yall should watch it.

TEE HEE !!!! I make everyone in the room shut up when the trailer comes on. girl_devil.gif

Actually, I am sluffin practice today because I took a real hard hit last night and my Skate is all messed up.

twas filmed in Michigan and some of the Detroit Derby Girl teams are extras

http://www.detroitrollerderby.com/teams.html

I went and saw it ! I got to go to the sneek preview ! It was AWESOME ! ( if you like these kinds of movies )

Very funny, Down to earth...and though it did not go into all the detail of rules n such... its a good way to learn the basics of Derby incase you want to go to a bout and watch a real one. wink.gif

I even got my Whip It Tee Shirt ! Yaaaaaaay ! ( I feel like a little kid at christmas )