Michigan Meet

Hey ya'll,

Myself and this dude http://www.hookahforum.com/?showuser=17056 are throwing a hookah gathering at his place. Details aside from the time and place are yet to be worked out but will be posted as they are decided upon.

Not to put a damper on it from the start but I can say that we aren't throwing a frat-type get piss drunk and destroy shit party, it will be plenty of fun but responsible as well as it isn't my house nor are there any parents or such to foot a cleaning bill, we be grown-ass men with responsibilities and a finite amount of patience and monies smile.gif

That being said...PARTY IS ON AND POPPIN WITH GNR AND JMORANDALL!!! dance.gif dance2.gif dance.gif yahoo.gif

There will be 3-4 hookahs set up and you are more than welcome to bring a setup, in fact it is encouraged. We will have tobacco and coals available, but this will be from our personal stash and we don't have EVERYTHING (limited amount of Tangiers - mostly AF, Nak, and SB) so again you are welcome to supply your preferred coals, baccy, and pipe if desired, if not no biggie but don't whine when we fuck it up lol.

Also, we would LOVE some ideas and general input. Anything from your head or from those who have thrown somewhat larger scale hookah parties with success. Feel free to make this thread a sounding board as well.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where and when is in the title smile.gif

we just have to decide time.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 8 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where and when is in the title smile.gif

we just have to decide time.

Haha I didn't even notice the title. Cool man I can probably make it. Is there going to be any kind of charge to get in, or certain requirements? Do's or dont's?

And are we allowed to bring a friend or two as long as there down with rules and cool with hookah?

Oh and for those who drive from really far have you guys decided if there will be places to stay, or whether or not it's going to be a more than one day type deal? I won't be far at all so it's not a problem for me. If more than one day could have people bring tents?

QUOTE (Arcane @ Sep 8 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are you goin to have belly dancers?

I wish, you silly man.

QUOTE (twoapplesplease @ Sep 8 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How far you think it is from indian river?

Just shy of 4 hours, mapquest says 3 hrs 47 minutes. It's a loooooooong straight shot down I-75.

I'm having a session with Jeff tonight to figure out the details. We'll post whatever we decide when it seems appropriate.

THANKS GUYS! Should be fun!

Oakland County.

Well realistically, we're not expecting any out of staters or absurdly long drives, so don't feel obligated.

Maybe try the general Detroit Area of the world's largest Arab population outside of the Middle East, like Dearborn,Yipsylanti, etc. Then anyone who wants is close to Detroit, you could maybe arrange a cheapie at some Arab restaraunt or the like, buy from the many hookah stores there.

I just hooked up to the Tiger game vs. Kansas City online which I am watching here in Israel near Bethleham,Jerusalem and Hebron area!
This isn't 2006 but who knows? Got to light up and enjoy the game from 3000 miles away!

damn would love to come but alas it coincides with scrabble night...

anyone who would rather hang out and play scrabble with me and my seven cats, instead of hanging out with these two losers is more than welcome.

Oh man, if I was in Troy I'd head down to Coffee Net to see one of my really good friends who run the hookah bar. Maybe I can split my time :-P

OK so here's what we have so far:

We'll provide 3 setups and we encourage others to bring theirs to reach maximum cloud potential.

We decided to keep it reasonable we'll have a limit of about 15 people, 4 slots of which are taken. feel free to bring a friend so long as they aren't insanely spastic smile.gif

We'll keep the invite here open for about a week or a little longer and the rest of the spots will be offered to our friends.

We've got basic entertainment, food and music covered (yes I'm bringing the DDR mats lol) but you're encouraged to bring food and beverages as well if you can.

We'll start things at 4pm.

PM me for more details or with any questions or to throw your name on the list although please only rsvp if you really plan to be there so we can open more invites if not.

STILL OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS, WE WANT A GOOD PARTY!!!!!!

BTW Coffee Net is less than a mile from where we are right now smile.gif

Hey guys, I am really excited to be hosting this hookah get together. Ask me any questions that you may have about the event and I will be happy to help. Also I am happy to help with directions and anything else.

See you soon,
Jeffrey

yeah, Jeff doesn't know how to read a calender......

I'll talk to him and figure out what WEEKEND date makes sense.

Then I'll ask a mod to change the date in the title and initial post....

SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION

I might add - YAY TATI!

BUMP.

Sorry I haven't talked to Jeff yet, but as today is Sunday the 13th I will assume he accidentally looked at Septamber's dates, we will still be doing it mid-October, I'm going to go out on a limb and say

OCTOBER 11th

so far we have........1 slot for Joe, and one probable slot for Tati taken up :/

Any more Michigan people? Either way it'll be sweet but I think the more diehard smokers we have the better it'll be.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Sep 13 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BUMP.

Sorry I haven't talked to Jeff yet, but as today is Sunday the 13th I will assume he accidentally looked at Septamber's dates, we will still be doing it mid-October, I'm going to go out on a limb and say

OCTOBER 11th

so far we have........1 slot for Joe, and one probable slot for Tati taken up :/

Any more Michigan people? Either way it'll be sweet but I think the more diehard smokers we have the better it'll be.

If need be I can bring some people who love hookah as much as me. smile.gif I'm sure you guys can think of some of those people but it would still be cool if more people respond and come!