Anyone Here Have Experience With Dd-wrt?

SimplexCoda

Ok so I went to flash my DIR-600 and got this message:

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this Gateway, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the gateway may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.

I tried 3 different firmwares, got the same thing everytime. Any suggestions. I need to get this going soon cause if i dont and my router bricks getting it replaces wont happen.

I've always used tftp to flash on ddwrt. All of the models that I have done had wiki pages in the ddwrt wiki, so I just followed their steps.

Ok so i read the dd-wrt wiki a little deeper. Appearently when flashing with the web gui you need to flash with the generic dd-wrt first, if that doesnt work then try a different browser and do the same process. So when i get home i will dl the generic and try that.

Ok so i tried my above mentioned steps. I even went so far as to use winblows and internet exploder to attempt to flash. Not so much, same as above. So it looks like the only option will be to tftp.
Destructo, think you could give the play by play on this bad boy. Keep in mind im on OS X.

Ok so i did the tftp flash thing and when i tell it "put" then fill in the file (typically by drag and drop so the terminal fills in the dir and go to flash, terminal tells me there is no such file. So I dont know wtf to do anymore. I just wish it would brick so i could send it back and get another one.

Ok, so this is pissin me off. I hate living where i do. First of all no one knows wtf a hardware revision even is, none of the boxes around here even list them on the outside. I dunno wtf im gonna do. There are plenty of routers around here supported by dd-wrt, but no way to find out the revision with out opening the box. Newegg wont let you try to find a specific rev either.

skrew it i have decided to just buy the linksys wga600n. Its just a bridge. Thats all i want. I just want to be able to plug my 360 in the back and have it wirelessly connect to the rest of the network, thats what this is made for and still 30 bucks cheaper than the microshafty wireless adapter.