Pet Peeve.

Im real tired of going to college towns and seeing hookahs in every house, and on every porch being smoked by kids who dont know what end to smoke out of! They do not understand anything about it and just do it because half of them probably think they get high off it. ridiculous. I feel like if i were to invite people over they will expect me to be the same way with it so i am obligated to just give them all the knowledge i know about it so they can see its not just some weird looking thing that emites smoke. However i do love when kids are amazed by what happens when you have propper heat managment and long lasting sessions. "Is it suppose to not give you a sore throat and headaches?!

look at it this way: it gives us that many more opportunities to grab stuff off ebay and craigslist on the cheap AND a small percentage of them end up really getting into the hobby, which is good.

QUOTE (hookah hippie @ Sep 5 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know what you mean it seems everyone has a fucking hookah but when you take a draw it tastes like ass and people just sit there smoking it

haha exactly! I respect it if there just getting into it and wanna learn about it and what not, trial and error. But it is just funny when they pack a new bowl every 15 minutes once they fry the one before and think thats normal haha.

QUOTE (Enjoivolcom @ Sep 5 2009, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha i don't sit here and search topics, I post what comes to mind. I don expect anyone to know every topic on this forum and you shouldn't either. It's just talk

it isn't a bad idea to do a quick search before you post. I do, and I think everyone else should too.

If everyone repeats thread topics (which does happen quite often) it creates redundant info all over the forum.

QUOTE (Tom16689 @ Sep 5 2009, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Enjoivolcom @ Sep 5 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they pack a new bowl every 15 minutes once they fry the one before and think thats normal haha.

Maybe... that IS normal, not correct, but normal. Maybe we're just the elite. happy.gif

We may be elite but we're not elitists. cool.gif

haha oh........ok

I used to live downtown Iowa City, home of the University of Iowa. Everyone thought they knew what a hookah was. In the basement my roommate had parties, They would drink and smoke hookah.

http://www.hookahforum.com/?showtopic=21784

Since that happened, my biggest pet peeve is people that want to smoke anything other then tobacco out of the hookah.

Story time...
I was sitting in my room at my X's apartment (we used to live together). A few of her friends came over(1 girl, 2 guys) , they walked in and immediately saw my hookah. I heard them ask the question I hate hearing... I stood up, walked out there and made sure they knew that they weren't going to be smoking out of my hookah.