My New Homemade Hose!

My roommate and I went to lowes today and got materials to make our own hoses. When then went to hobby lobby and got decoration for them. All together, I think this hose cost like 10 bucks...my roommate made a tassel for his, which I may to tomorrow. Its totally washable, well, the yarn we used may not be the best to wash, but other than that, washable. Doesn't leak at all, very durable, works great. Anyway, thought I would share my creation with you all.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks fantastic!

I went to three different hardware stores the other day and not a single one of them had the clear plastic tubing I needed. ARGH! I just wanted something with a thinner OD (hope I'm saying that right) than the one I'm using now--although it is getting more flexible the more I use it.

AH that was going to be my idea! although I am too lazy to make one! Thanks for the pics, I now know what to get to attache the hose, i swear i had this same idea!

Can i ask you a question about it? what did you use for the handle? I was thinkin of making one out of paper mache but i think thats what was puttin my off!

Oh and awesome hose! (if it wasnt implied!!) Edited by the_cool

that is def bad ass i wanna try and make my own here pretty soon and i wanna use a clear hose so u can see the smoke going through, plus i found these really cool flexable led light strips that i wanna wrap around the hose, then that will match my mini hookah that has a blue light smile.gif

Pretty nice. You may have already thought of this, but it would be cool to finish it off by making a hose cover or buying one. Unfortunately I work at the horrible world of Hobby Lobby, so I know they have everything there you need to make one. They also have chord covers as well.

Thanks guys. And ya, I know this is nothing new, just thought I would share my creation. I went ahead and made a second hose with a cover as well. For the handles, the smaller handle I made out of pre-threaded grey pvc, for the bigger one, I used regular pvc and cut it to my desired length. I used random connectors to connect everything together. Just found some that worked. I'm going to try out the bigger one tonight hopefully.

QUOTE (delSol_si @ Aug 22 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks guys. And ya, I know this is nothing new, just thought I would share my creation. I went ahead and made a second hose with a cover as well. For the handles, the smaller handle I made out of pre-threaded grey pvc, for the bigger one, I used regular pvc and cut it to my desired length. I used random connectors to connect everything together. Just found some that worked. I'm going to try out the bigger one tonight hopefully.

I can't imagine how long it took to wrap that!

QUOTE (Genie @ Aug 22 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (delSol_si @ Aug 22 2009, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't imagine how long it took to wrap that!

It took forever, but still, totally worth it!