$2500 Hookah...

I found this in my Google Reader feed from Craig's List today. It was too ridiculous not to share with everyone. First the description...

"Antique Saudi Decorative Hookah - $2500

This antique decorative hookah or (Hubbly Bubbly) was given to my parents as a gift by a member of the royal family of Saudi Arabia and passed down to me. Due to harsh economic conditions I am forced to sell it although I'd rather not but I need the money. If interested please call xxx-xxx-xxxx. Cash Only, you pick up."

First of all, I think it's hilarious that someone realizes that the economy sucks right now, but is ballsy enough to ask $2500 for a hookah. Second, $2500 for a hookah?? That damn thing better have a genie in it too.

Here's a picture. Tell me what you think.

looks like a Gozaa, made out of wood, seen similiar variations of it in Jordan and Syria for around $15.
Its good if you are only gonig to smoke one flavour out of it, as the wood absorbs the flavour, or if you smoke tumpak as they usually use wood..

I wouldnt pay more than $40 for it unless the king signed his name on it somewhere..

QUOTE (PalGuY @ Aug 19 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like a Gozaa, made out of wood, seen similiar variations of it in Jordan and Syria for around $15.
Its good if you are only gonig to smoke one flavour out of it, as the wood absorbs the flavour, or if you smoke tumpak as they usually use wood..

I wouldnt pay more than $40 for it unless the king signed his name on it somewhere..

i thought gozaas had straight pipes instead of flexible hoses.

So the "Royal Family" bought a nice hookah for (being generous) $30 then supposedly gave it to someone.....righhhhhhhttttt. And now b/c it's "special" it's worth $2500.

What's that I smell.....*sniff sniff* Bull shit? why yes I think we just stepped in some.

You should call the person and ask if they can verify it was given by a royal family member. Then tell them you'll give them $40 for it.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Aug 19 2009, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (PalGuY @ Aug 19 2009, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i thought gozaas had straight pipes instead of flexible hoses.

the bottom looks like a modern gozaa (the original ones use coconut) and the top looks like a tumpak stem, they usually come with a straight pipe for a hose (aasabeh) but you can use a hose on it, I have a few at home and I use a hose because its a PAIN to smoke out of the wooden hose or whatever its called..

Yeah theres no way that's a 2500 dollar hookah. Maybe it's worth that much to him, but I think he's the only one that would say so.

For some reason, before I clicked I expected some crazy meduse-esque pipe with a flux capacitor.