Does the height of a hookah matter?

Yo, i am newbi
 I dont even have a hookah yet, but i have a question which i have not seen posted anywhere yet so i thought i could ask it. Does the height of a hookah matter, i mean the bowl and stem altogether, is it better to have a small bowl or large, is it better to have a 12" hookah or 21"?? does this play any part in the way the smoke is delivered? also does using a eletric burner(thingy like coal but electric) not work with all types of tabbacco, since u need 1 coal for some tabaccos and 2 coals and whatever??
i understand that charcoal is the cheapest coal but how does this play upon the flavor and if i am smoking  in my room, should i open the window for fear of carbon monoxide poisoning?
i know that this is not a well developed post but any answer would be appreciated, thanks.

I don't think the height matters, just guessing because many guys around here really like their small Myas.
I dont think you really need 1 or 2 coals...I think the more heat you use, the more smoke you get.
If you buy insta light charcoal, buy 3 kings, DO NOT buy Rolland coals.  I gave natural lemonwood a try, I really liked it, but breaking it up will be a problem.  The coals make ALL the difference. 
I don't think, ok, I know that one or even 10 coals arent going to kill you by CO, unless you live in a 4x4x4 box...naw, more like 1x1x1.  Maybe.

Interesting topic.Here's a little story of my experience on the matter.I bought a hookah about 26" in height one day. After discovering the joy of owning a hookah, my friend bought one as well. Only smaller. Same manufacturer. We'd often have both going at his apartment, and many hours would go by in this fashion.Difference in smoke session: None. His hookah's bowl reaches the tray on my hookah, and the base is obviously smaller, though no difference in smoke perceived (same coals, same tobacco, same water — pretty much identical)Said friend's brother suffers the Hookah Joy syndrome and buys a hookah. So now there are three in the apartment. This hookah is the smallest. Small enough to fit in a backpack completely assembled. The height would probably be somewhere between 10"-15" — hard to remember exactly — and is SAVAGE. And I mean in a good way. The thickness of the smoke is far greater than any of the two larger hookahs, though does not suffocate or induce coughing. A nice, thick smoke full of flavor. My hands would become warm within a few hits...And so my conclusion would be... No Correlation. At least from my experience. In the realm of science, though, a larger hookah (stem length) would allow the smoke to cool more before entering the water, and a larger area in the base (chamber. I guess) would allow the smoke to condense more for a thicker smoke. Hookah is my religion. So eff science. I'll stick with my conclusion.

I'm relatively new to hookahs, but in the past few months I've gotten so into it that I purchased 2 hookahs.  One being a 32incher from SocialSmoke and the other a 25" from MYA.  Put it to you this way, they seem to smoke the same, both great pieces.  I did notice that each requires it's own practice and setup to get the ideal smoke out of each.  I don't have experience with anything smaller than 25 though. 

The only difference I know I feel between my large and mini hookah is the noticably greater backpressure you get with larger hookah.  You can definitely rip a small one just as well, but I far prefer the sensation that accompanies hitting a biggie.  It's like playing a didgeridoo with a small bell vs. a large bell that produces more bass.  If I want to get a really good draw I always use my biggest hookah. I get pull/inhale perfection. 
I don't mean to offend the QT fans here (everybody).  Just a personal preference is all.

well before someone stole my 32inch Stargate which was like the first hookah i remember smokeing it smoked like a champ.  in a couple weeks ill be getting a MYA QT to fill the hookah void in my lungs.  ill try to make a comparision thread when im done

i was reading up on hookah-shisha and came across the same question. their answer: [b]"The answer to this question is ‘yes’ and ‘no.’ We’ve done our research and performed numerous tests. There is such a thing as too small of a hookah. We’ve concluded that anything over 24 inches doesn’t significantly effect the smoking experience. Obviously, the glass chamber on the larger hookahs is larger allowing for more smoke to build up but the smoking experience is not noticeably different."[/b]

Well..i'd say its been about covered..but for one more voice, I have a Qt (14") an Raven (24") and a 34" no name Egyptian.
They all hit very well...
Though I tend to agree with the Dude...the qt hits like a souped up import, the 24 like your standard sedan, and the 34" like a V8 Big Block muscle car..... That make sense?

Open the window? You're inhaling it directly! The amount of carbon monoxide has not been shown to be significant to cause heart disease. That does not mean that it doesn't, on the other hand. There are two factors that affect the quality of smoking:One the thichness of the jar neck: the thinner the jar neck, the thicker the smoke.Thickness of shank tube: The thinner the shank tube, the tighter the draw.

At the end of the day you have to be happy with the Hookah you get... you will know it when you see it, that that is the one for you... It has no real effect what size it is... Open the window when smoking it makes for a nice enviroment... hell if you can smoke outside it is sooo much better, at night looking at the stars. and Coal you want the Natural Coal stuff that has not been processed wood charcoal....well i've got a Apple Hookah calling my name gotta go....