Hookah Peeves

[list=1][*] People blowing in my 2 hose qt when I have one hose pointed towards my face, one of my buddies tried it for fun.....didn't end up being too much fun for him.[*] People (apart from my few friends who I trust to know their shit) pushing the coals in the middle of the bowl during a session where we are already getting awesome clouds......I mean wtf!! It totally pisses me off when someone messes up a heavenly session with their stupidity![*]A few of my friends coming over and asking me to setup a bowl (no probs there), I ask em what they want to smoke and set up a bowl for em to their liking........15 minutes into the session, they decide that they want to smoke a new flavour now....give me a break man...I asked their preference before setting up the bowl....and they're my pals and I've no problem setting up bowls for em all day if I have the time....but don't ask me to waste my shisha like that!![/list]

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1306518998' post='510854']
Hookah lounges who can't set up a decent smoke. The most common offense is giving people worn out Mya hoses.
[/quote]

for this reason I bring my own hoses to lounges. I hate the MYA hoses they give you.

My biggest pet peeve is countries that outlaw shisha tobacco because of the bullshit "studies" performed on the hookah. Hookah is not a "hype." It's a very old tradition. The only "Hype" I see is these people that can't just leave someone alone to smoke in their own house and think they're doing humanity a service. In fact, I've quit smoking cigarettes almost thanks to hookah.Let me tell you something about these studies that find that hookah is bad. They INSIST that the enormous amounts of smoke is actually... smoke... They also tested with coals directly on the shisha, not on a shield that allows the heat to gently transfer. What if we use electric coals, by the way?

The fact that I haven't smoked in almost a year due to laziness (or visited the forum in almost two... whoops?)

I mean, setting up the hookah is...actual effort on my part. That counts as a peeve, right? Setup, cleaning, me being a lazy bitch... all of that.

I hope to change that this summer... new goal: more smoke inhalation!

not so much of a peeve, but when i set a hose up for someone and they smoke it like they're smoking... something else. trying to hold the smoke in and such... i'm just like, it's tobacco brah. and when people diss the flavor that i let them pick out to be courteous.

• 2 weeks later...
I usually only smoke with the same group of people now-a-days, which is about 4-5 people (usually 3 or 4 at a time), and they are good for some things, but for others, they still piss me off.

-It is my hookah, I pay for the coals, I pay for the shisha (which here, is pretty expensive), and I supply the venue. I don't mind doing all of that, but I would appreciate them tossing me some cash every now and then to help cover expenses. One friend occassionally tosses me $20 (maybe once or twice a year), but the rest have never passed me anything.

-I have shown them how to unpack a bowl so it can be repacked. I have also shown one of them how to repack it. When the bowl is finished and I ask them to unpack or repack a new bowl, they suggest I do it, because they are lazy. I am supplying the shisha and the coals and not asking for any cash, the least they can do is not complain when I ask them to do something for me to make it a bit easier for me. Especially when we go through 2-3 bowls each time.

-Has only been an issue once, and it wasn't my hookah, but a friend's, and someone blew into the hookah so hard that he forced water all the way up the stem and it put out the coal and soaked the shisha. That bowl was totally ruined, and it had barely started.

-Same guy as above pulled on the hose twice, once knocked the hookah over and coal onto the floor. Big peeve.

-Herbal shisha. I've only tried 2 kinds and they have been awful, but I'm trying a few new brands and hoping for the best.