Hookah Peeves

QUOTE (Hooka_bears @ Aug 9 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Bad batches of tabacco
-Not being able to get Tangiers to smoke right
-People that say hookah is like smoking 5 packs of cigs (curse them all!)
-Having to tell those people they are idiots and have no idea what they are talking about
-People who don't appreciate how well my hookah smokes and tastes (compared to bars/friends)
-Trying new flavors out and figuring out they suck
-People who think they know everything about hookah, and then set it up and it tastes like shit

It could go forever, but I'll end it here smile.gif

hahaha amen to the last one and boy i have a story but am too lazy to go into details but last night my friend was talking some massive shit so we made him pack a bowl and boy did he mess up lol, no smoke harsh as hell and tasted like crap, he pretty much sucks lol, i will take him under my wing and teach him, i feel its my duty

QUOTE (twoapplesplease @ Aug 7 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hookah bars with no idea what the hell there doing.
putting anything but water in the base
that dude that drools all over everything

+1
I hate when friends or strangers, who think they know what they're doing, try to maintain my hookah and do it completely wrong.
When people touch my hookah
People don't know how to purge and blow water in my hose

Lets see: I have a lot of them!

Somebody adjusting my charcoal.

Smoking out of my hookah without asking.

Putting shit in the vase like milk, bourbon, black cherry soda, gasoline or rat piss. Ice is OK...not my thing, don't recommend it...lemon slices are OK, too.

Messing around with purge valve bearings thinking that its an air intake.

Relighting a whole new set of coals when one or two more in addition to the ones that have burned down would be adequate.

Not stirring the tobacco.

Ashing cigarettes in the tray.

Putting a hookah on a table, or elevating it above the ground.

Blowing smoke bubbles with bubble juice when there are open beverages in the vicinity.

Lighting cigarettes with the charcoal.

Small trays.

Crummy hoses.

Artificial coloring on tobacco staining everything.

Thats about it.

People complaining that they havn't gotten the hose in a while. Asking for it is one thing, but actually complaining is bothersome. I don't mind people talking when they smoke as long as they are actively smoking. This is my hookah, pardon me for holding the hose for a few minutes.

People leaving cigg butts in the tray. The only places I let people smoke ciggs in my house (garage and porches) all have ashtrays and lighters nearby. Don't use my coals to light your cigg.

People willing to gamble that they are "close enough" to the hose. I usually hold the hose with some slack when I pass it.

I don't usually have to deal with it, but the coal touching bothers me as well. I know how to manage heat, you don't; knowing this, why bother?

that's about it. Edited by Dr. B

QUOTE (Dr. B @ Aug 15 2009, 01:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People complaining that they havn't gotten the hose in a while. Asking for it is one thing, but actually complaining is bothersome. I don't mind people talking when they smoke as long as they are actively smoking. This is my hookah, pardon me for holding the hose for a few minutes.

People leaving cigg butts in the tray. The only places I let people smoke ciggs in my house (garage and porches) all have ashtrays and lighters nearby. Don't use my coals to light your cigg.

People willing to gamble that they are "close enough" to the hose. I usually hold the hose with some slack when I pass it.

I don't usually have to deal with it, but the coal touching bothers me as well. I know how to manage heat, you don't; knowing this, why bother?

that's about it.

Amen, that was a peeve of mine too. My place, my hookah/shisha/coals, my chair. If I want to smoke it a bit more after it's made it's rounds then I'm allowed. But if i do hold it too long b/c it's just so great i don't mind friends suggesting I pass it on.

Another thing that bothers me, is when someone smokes it, it's harsh as fuck and they just hand it off when it tastes terrible instead of telling me.

THis is not a hate just something that bothers me..

This new trend of naming shisha, crazy names that have nothing to do with the flavor. This makes it soo hard to order new flavors online. I think they should at least have some sort of flavor description along with the name. Examples (SB is the king of this crap)

Pink, Goodtimes, static starlight, ivory coast, code 69, passion kiss, california dream, miami beach, Dream cycle.. OK you get the point

"Just tell me what fucking flavor it is!" angry.gif

Static Starlight is grape, rose and lemon. Sorry about that. I like practically agree with you 90%. Too many long ass pointless names is silly.

Dream Cycle is just what it sounds like...the bicycle you always dreamed of when you were a kid.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Aug 17 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Static Starlight is grape, rose and lemon. Sorry about that. I like practically agree with you 90%. Too many long ass pointless names is silly.

Dream Cycle is just what it sounds like...the bicycle you always dreamed of when you were a kid.

i like the name Static Starlight...also, its slowly becoming my favorite flavor...even surpassing K-Cherry.

And I changed my mind about Mizo Guava....its a great flavor, but I think the novelty wore off. Tangiers K-Cherry and Static Starlight hold top spot in my book again.

i absolutly hate people who think they know everything there is to know about a hookah...everything... like i was at a lounge one night smoking tangiers and in the group next to me was one of those "know it alls" and the person was saying how u have to do this and put the coals in the middle for more smoke yada yada yada (im sure u can imagine this person)...well dumb ass person was smoking out of a phunnel bowl and you dont put the coals in the center... well she did...and when she moved them she pushed the foil over the hole and blocked the air-flow...well she bitched about her hookah not smoking right... lmao well the hookah guy came over and kindly explained what kind of bowl it was and fixed the problem even showed her a unfoiled bowl so she would understand why to not put them in the center... well she didnt give a shit. GAH!

people who "dont get" hookahs

people who go to a hookah lounge and are assssssholes and kill the whole mood.

1. having to say "NO its called a hookah." every time someone says anything about it.

2. living in redneck central where no one will even give it a try.

3. the few ppl that do give it a try only do so when im not home and I walk in to a funny smell lots of ppl in my house and have to wind up scrubbing the hell out of it and buying a new hose.

4. ppl stealing my hookahs I am up to 3 now would have been four but a .45 stopped that one from getting jacked.

5. getting the cops called on me when i smoke outside.

6. getting the cops called on me when i smoke inside.

7. getting the cops called on me when im not even smoking hookah they just see it sitting on the table and assume.

QUOTE (white_rabbit @ Aug 17 2009, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i absolutly hate people who think they know everything there is to know about a hookah...everything... like i was at a lounge one night smoking tangiers and in the group next to me was one of those "know it alls" and the person was saying how u have to do this and put the coals in the middle for more smoke yada yada yada (im sure u can imagine this person)...well dumb ass person was smoking out of a phunnel bowl and you dont put the coals in the center... well she did...and when she moved them she pushed the foil over the hole and blocked the air-flow...well she bitched about her hookah not smoking right... lmao well the hookah guy came over and kindly explained what kind of bowl it was and fixed the problem even showed her a unfoiled bowl so she would understand why to not put them in the center... well she didnt give a shit. GAH!

people who "dont get" hookahs

people who go to a hookah lounge and are assssssholes and kill the whole mood.

well i hate to say it but most ppl who do go to hookah lounges dont know shit about hookahs otherwise they would own there own.

and no im not saying everyone who goes just most.

Hmmm...I have several.

The know-it-alls, been said, but still irritating. I have a friend who lit one hookah on his own, got it to not suck and now he thinks he's the boss. I do love tricking him, though. wink.gif

People blowing ash off the bowl and into my open soda.

Hose-hogs. I hate them so much, I have 2 multiple hose hookahs--my roommate even has one.

People who continually compare hookah to NHT and other illicit activities.

People who tug on the hose and send me diving for the hookah.

Getting up to light new coals--thank you Golden Canary!

People who hold the hose and don't smoke, they just hold on to it. tongue.gif What the hell is wrong with these people?! If you don't want to smoke, give the hose to someone else and get me a drink!

Packing a new bowl, only to have people tell me, "I don't like this flavor" as soon as I sit down. Do I be an ass and continue smoking or re-pack and save my new bowl for later.

People who try and show off by guessing the flavor I'm smoking by smell. tongue.gif Seriously, I'm right here, I will tell you what it is, just ask!

Continuing to by new supplies every month while my roommate/regular smoking companions have never paid for anything. This is just inconsiderate. Hell, FamiliarJoe came over to smoke and supplied his own coals! My roommate has given me a grand total of 50 bucks towards hookah in the last year. That's about 4 boxes of coals out of the dozens and dozens I've gone through.

...I think that's it.

Oh, and Eric, I put my hookah on the coffee table every time! hahaha It just doesn't work on carpet.

My girlfriend demanding that I pass it when I have only taken one hit. Then when I refuse because its my hookah and my coals, and my shish, and I set up EVERYTHING she grabs it out of my hand and I'm stubborn so I don't just let her have it and she is literally fighting me over my hose and its just bullshit.

I guess thats the only one, other than people not throwing me any money for my hookah sessions but thats not really a big deal to me

Many Middle Eastern people consider it quite disrespectful to put it on a table. A Table is for Halal and tobacco is Haram. The tobacco soils the table's Halal. I learned to smoke with Arabs, I still think the same way. Also, if a hookah is on the floor and tips over, usually only the bowl will break if that. If the hookah dives from the table, its more often a disaster. I think that is what some people dislike the most. Me included. Its your hookah, Addison, offend Muslims...see if I care. tongue.gif

1. people who drop the coal and end up yelling "what do i do? what do i do???" (for me its usually grab the closest glass of water and pour it over.. its water it will dry)

2. people who take a puff and compliment my packing (REALLY?? WHY DO YOU THINK I INSIST ON PACKING THE BOWL?)

3. Girls with who wear sticky lipgloss

4. "OMG TEACH ME HOW TO DO O'S!!!!!!"

5. mispronunciation of Al-Fakher, Hookah, Argeelah, Khalil Mamoon and other terms. (i love watching reviews on youtube for this reason)

6. people who touch the coal.

7. people who brag about his/her past sessions.

8. people who hold an egyptian hose by the detachable mouth piece instead of the handle (you look like an idiot when doing this...seriously.)

9. girls who do the smoke kiss thing.

10. people who don't relax while smoking. ( just chill out, hookah makes everything okay i promise!)

actually another thing i hate is when people hold the hose and put their thumb over the mouth piece. come on, thats disgusting...i have to tell one of my friends to constantly stop doing that...its like dude, you dug in your ass for a few minutes then thumbed the mouthpiece.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Aug 22 2009, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually another thing i hate is when people hold the hose and put their thumb over the mouth piece. come on, thats disgusting...i have to tell one of my friends to constantly stop doing that...its like dude, you dug in your ass for a few minutes then thumbed the mouthpiece.

Ah i totally agree.

I have a friend who does the same thing, and another friend who puts the mouth piece against his beard ... enough said.

I have too many pet peeves. I like smoking solo now because of it. Some times I will call a friend to have a conversation and smoke with me outside.. But not as much as I use too. I am not open to that anymore. I would be open to it who is knowladgable about hookah. My best friend everytime I pass him the hose he starts a 20 min story. Or some one tries to move my coals. Or If I move my coals some one bitches like they know!?

So I smoke by myself. Enjoy what I enjoy. I'd love to smoke with some one who knows about hookah maybe teach me a thing or too or show them a thing or too and we can learn off each other. Not having to hear people complain or show me how to do o's...

My hookah peeve is people at the hookah cafe I go to who look at me funny when I pass out hookah condoms for everyone. Actually, I just dump them on the table and let everybody know they're welcome to use one if they want. I bring my own because the cafe never has more than a couple of them on hand.

I mean, come on, I love to share my hookah and always get one specifically to share, but I want to share smoke, not herpes or that guy's Carmex or that girl's lip gloss or who knows what. If someone is sharing their hookah with you in a large group of people, some you know and some you don't, and plastic tips are available, isn't it polite to use them?

I never say anything when people refuse them (and most of the group I smoke hookah with ignores them), but I always use a tip when sharing hookah with a crowd.

QUOTE (fcbayern @ Aug 15 2009, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
THis is not a hate just something that bothers me..

This new trend of naming shisha, crazy names that have nothing to do with the flavor. This makes it soo hard to order new flavors online. I think they should at least have some sort of flavor description along with the name. Examples (SB is the king of this crap)

Pink, Goodtimes, static starlight, ivory coast, code 69, passion kiss, california dream, miami beach, Dream cycle.. OK you get the point

"Just tell me what fucking flavor it is!" angry.gif

I feel you there. I wish more vendors would have some sort of description for the various flavors. I can't remember which vendor has a "flavor finder" on their site--that's actually pretty helpful. But I still don't know what flavor "Khaki" is (although I looked it up in a review and found it but forgot already) or what the heck "Incredible Hulk" is supposed to taste like. Shisha makers need websites where you can read up on the flavors.

SB Passion Kiss sucks, by the way. It was a freebie and smelled incredible but had virtually no flavor.

Maybe someone needs to start a thread here somewhere that has nothing but a description of flavors so I don't have to hunt through hundreds of reviews to find out what one flavor tastes like.

By far the worst is people acting as if lighting two totally scentless coals on a stove is some sort of criminal, inhuman act. I actually pretended to light coals once just to prove a point Taking my coal carrier out into the room with nothing in it, they still complained about the "smell" and how dirty it was.