Admit Something Embarassing About Yourself

Majid

I've never had a boyfriend....and strangly, it really doesn't bother me. It's just one of those things that I'm not worried about. It will happen when it happens.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I go to the bar with my one buddy during karaoke night, we try to find the gayest songs to do

off the top of my head, Its Raining Men and Livin La Vida Loca were the best, followed by some Backstreet Boys

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 25 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I go to the bar with my one buddy during karaoke night, we try to find the gayest songs to do

off the top of my head, Its Raining Men and Livin La Vida Loca were the best, followed by some Backstreet Boys

I can think of gayer...try Britney Spears or Hanson, both extremely gay.

Im in Puerto Vallarta at a 4 star resort with arhutch. Weve been planning this since may. And were both miserable, totally not what we expected.

So i guess the embarrassing part is i went to mexico and im the only one here thats not having fun.

Hmm I should add to this:

I check post secret every Saturday around midnight to read the new secrets
I collection a lot of random things
I have about $1500 in Canadian Tire money for you Canadians.
All my friends are dating and they don't get why I don't have a boyfriend. I'm perfect content being single.
I can't sleep without my cow pillow..

QUOTE (mix_tape @ Jul 26 2009, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I should add to this:

I check post secret every Saturday around midnight to read the new secrets
I collection a lot of random things
I have about $1500 in Canadian Tire money for you Canadians.
All my friends are dating and they don't get why I don't have a boyfriend. I'm perfect content being single.
I can't sleep without my cow pillow..

Wow, this entire time I thought you were a dude because of your avatar, lol...

I also hated high school and flunked out.

I loooooove karaoke.

I think about zombies and ta possible zombie virus ALOT. Way more than can be normal. I think as I drive around or am at home about potential places to hide, weapons to use, and strategies (i.e. where to go for food first before others hit it up, whether to go for canned goods or perishable items first etc.) I ruminate on these things at least 5-7 times a week.

I play DDR regularly at home and my favorite tracks are the REALLY cutesy Japanese techno-pop ones.

I want to move to Europe so I can enjoy the freedom of small shorts and slim clothing without being called gay. Seriously, my whole family and most of my friends think I'm secretly gay.

Contributing to this is probably the fact that I enjoy music like Kylie Minogue, Dido, Morcheeba, and others as well as the fact that I have never had a girlfriend or kissed a girl. I used to not care about this, but now I do. A lot.

I was on this forum before I was legal, but I kept my mouth shut and mostly just read and learned a lot. @mods: I am of age now, so it's all cool right? Just don't do it again, right? Please?

I really want to go to college but more and more am thinking about just saying f*** it and buying a ticket to europe to bum my way around. Plus school's free in Norway and Sweden if you pass the exams I hear.

QUOTE (jellywerker @ Jul 26 2009, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really want to go to college but more and more am thinking about just saying f*** it and buying a ticket to europe to bum my way around. Plus school's free in Norway and Sweden if you pass the exams I hear.

Not to threadjack, but I think I can chime in on this. College is not free in Norway, even if you pass all exams. But it's damn near free even if you flunk every single one of them.

Of course, this is not true for some private schools. But for the public colleges/universities the cost is at most 100$ per semester (books and other learning material not included, of course). The thing about passing/not passing your exams and money is that Norwegian students can apply for a student loan, and if they don't flunk any courses they get like 40% transfered into a scholarship.

Long story short: Higher education is something just about everyone can afford in Norway.

I don't know where you got that number. For the universities you pay about $100 per semester, in other words: 200$ a year (approximately). The price of the study material you need will vary from course to course. I've spent about $1000 both of the semesters I've finished ($2000 a year). What's expensive is the actual living. Food, rent etc. But there are public appartments available in most cities that have pretty good standards and is not to expensive (I don't know if the word "public" is correct to use. What I mean is that it's state-sponsored appartments. In stead of dealing with a private landlord you have fixed prices that are not to awful).The price for one of these appartments (they are very small) could be anything from $350 to $650 a month, depending on where it's located and whether or not you have your own bathroom and kitchen (sometimes 2-4 people share bathroom and kitchen).

When it comes to requirements for entrance I don't really know how that works for international students. I guess it depends on what you want to study. Most educational institutions should be able to give you a good answer. What I do know is that international students are often given priority when it comes to the "public apartments".

About learning the language... There's a lot of courses that's being taught in English. And most Norwegians speak decent English. Worst case scenario they might be a little embarrassed of answering, but chances are you will have very few problems with being understood.

Oh, and if you have any more questions feel free to ask on PM. Don't want to go more off-topic in this thread tongue.gif

Edit: And regarding the student loan I was talking about, I don't know how that works for non-Norwegian citizens. But there are a lot of international students at the universities, so I'm sure there's some kind of financial support for you as well. Edited by Balthazar

QUOTE (ashes87 @ Jul 27 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jul 26 2009, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I play DDR regularly at home and my favorite tracks are the REALLY cutesy Japanese techno-pop ones.

I PLAY DDR TOO!!!!

YAY! Which version? I haven't played the newest yet, I have Supernova2 for ps2. I'm regularly getting A and AA's on difficult now but it's quite a leap from that to expert....frankly I'm not in good enough shape as of now to do expert without dying lol, let alone even CONSIDER trying out challenge mode...

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Jul 26 2009, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ashes87 @ Jul 27 2009, 12:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I PLAY DDR TOO!!!!

YAY! Which version? I haven't played the newest yet, I have Supernova2 for ps2. I'm regularly getting A and AA's on difficult now but it's quite a leap from that to expert....frankly I'm not in good enough shape as of now to do expert without dying lol, let alone even CONSIDER trying out challenge mode...

Hardest mode I got on was heavy. Ive played Max 1&2 and Extreme 1&2 on ps2. Im out of shape as well and need to get back into it like I used to, which was about 2-3 hours a day about 4-5 days a week. Yes, I lived at the arcade, as well as played at home. I had no life back then.

QUOTE (ColibriDon @ Jul 24 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I played WoW...a lot. On one character, I had over 30 days logged in game. Played from Launch until WoTLK. That's one solid month of playing, over 720 hours on that one character, I had many more.

I had ~170 days on my rogue, at least 55 on my hunter before I quit... Never again.

I also hated high school and flunked out.

I loooooove karaoke.

I think about zombies and ta possible zombie virus ALOT. Way more than can be normal. I think as I drive around or am at home about potential places to hide, weapons to use, and strategies (i.e. where to go for food first before others hit it up, whether to go for canned goods or perishable items first etc.) I ruminate on these things at least 5-7 times a week.

GNR, I also have many contingency plans in place for the inevitable Zombie apocalypse! We should network and plan to have groups that can travel together for safety, because we'll have to move around some especially at first to go for supplies. My grandparents have a farm down here in Texas and I plan to make a zombie proof fence and we'll raise our own steaks =)

Embarrassing things... My favorite Musical is "My Fair Lady"
I met my first serious relationship on WoW... still not over that one either...
I like chocolate milk and funyuns... at the same time... I will even dunk the funyun, I don't know why.
I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them now

-Z