Vodka In Your Hookah?

The other night some friends came over and we filled the base of our hookah with vodka. Everyone seemed to get really ripped. Do you all think this is placebo, or have you had similar experiences with liquor in your base?

QUOTE (Svaals @ Jul 19 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The other night some friends came over and we filled the base of our hookah with vodka. Everyone seemed to get really ripped. Do you all think this is placebo, or have you had similar experiences with liquor in your base?

lol lol lol i hope you're just playing lol lol you're not gonna get ripped off vodka in the base. what was happening was everytime you walked away they would open the base and take swigs of the vod lol lol

QUOTE (714xDGAFxKING @ Jul 19 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what was happening was everytime you walked away they would open the base and take swigs of the vod lol lol

We were also drinking, but I didn't think they drank that much, lol. Maybe it's just the nicotine, since none of them had smoked a hookah before.

lol lol imma put my money on that it was the nico that got to them. were you guys chugging maple syrup? cuase if so then thats another story smile.gif (it's from a movie)

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just use water.

I wasted alcohol when I put it in the base.

Never again lol.

Yup. Me and a friend dumped a whole bottle of vodka in the vase and added some ice. Grabbed some Macciato SB and smoked it. At first it was pretty disgusting, it was like smoking chocolate vodka. When the ice melted a little it started tasting better. I would say in a very limited amount with certain flavors you can add the vodka for the bite, might be good with fruits/coffee's and chocolates.

Not recommended though.

for the record. i have a breathalyzer and you can get drunk from alcohol in the base. it just takes alottt of hookah. and some strong vodka that is still not flammable.

QUOTE (714xDGAFxKING @ Jul 19 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol lol imma put my money on that it was the nico that got to them. were you guys chugging maple syrup? cuase if so then thats another story smile.gif (it's from a movie)

Once those boys get that syrup in them.....lol

you can get drunk through inhalation but it requires massive amounts of vapor. far more than you would get from hookah.

plus i dont see that much alcohol being to good for your lungs.

(I work with industrial alcohol when im not laid off that is and after about 6 hours or so I have a small buzz from it. it also causes my lungs to hurt very badly.)

QUOTE (Arcane @ Jul 19 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i imagine the vodka would give you more of a buzz if you drank it....give that a shot! wink.gif

hah! And here I was trying to vodka-bath permeation through the skin drunk that stuff smile.gif

I do find red-wine to enliven the hookah smoke to thickness, and effect fruity flavors somewhat.

I will later try some peppermint drops, or strong schnaps sometime..but I just don't care.

QUOTE (McLovin600 @ Jul 19 2009, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (714xDGAFxKING @ Jul 19 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once those boys get that syrup in them.....lol

they get all antsy in thier pantsy.... hahahahahah mclovin600 is the man for getting that movie lol lol

I've heard you're only supposed to add a few shots to the water in your base. Supposedly, the higher the concentration of alcohol, the more hazardous it is to your health.

That being said, I smoked a bowl of shisha with two shots of vodka in the base and all it did was make it taste like vodka. I did not experience any noticable buzz or other effect from the alcohol. I'd challenge TheSl0th or someone else with a breathalyzer to perform an experiment to determine just how much alcohol you'd have to add and how long you'd have to smoke to cause a significant increase in your BAL.

I've done it with vodka, the fumes and vapors went right to my lungs- bad news. For those who like alcoholic drinks mixed in the water, try Greek "Ouzo" made of anis. Its exactly the taste of Nakhal double apple only much stronger.

QUOTE (Codename067 @ Jul 19 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just use water.

I wasted alcohol when I put it in the base.

Never again lol.

I only use cheap wines and maybe a little left over cheap vodka or something but It doesn't really have a flavor difference. Just leaves a little bit on your tongue when your smoking.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jul 19 2009, 08:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vodka and dry ice will getcha every time...

Can you put Dry ice on your hookah? Never thought of that before. Wouldnt it get too cold and make the base break, or the fumes from mixing the dry ice with water get in the way of the hookah smoke?

I would think dry ice would choke you, because it sublimes so fast at standard temperatures. In addition, you're looking a lower pressures since you are sucking on the hookah, which means even more gaseous CO2. A significant concentration of CO2 will cause you to asphyxiate.

QUOTE (jon bon @ Jul 20 2009, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chinodos @ Jul 20 2009, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you put Dry ice on your hookah? Never thought of that before. Wouldnt it get too cold and make the base break, or the fumes from mixing the dry ice with water get in the way of the hookah smoke?

Do not try this.

I'll second that.