Ok, Thats It!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres some proof!

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 14 2009, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its hot today and my patience is at an end!

Those rubber things...between the head and the shank, between the jar and the shank and betwen the hose and the hose port are grommets. NOT Gaskets.

Wikitionary:

Gasket Gasket

Grommet Grommet

and the REAL QUOTE!!!

QUOTE (foibled again @ Jul 17 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 14 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Its hot today and my patience is at an end!

Those rubber things...between the head and the shank, between the jar and the shank and betwen the hose and the hose port are gaskets. NOT Grommets.

Well after perusing hardware stores and seeing them binned as grommets (or grummets as the British would say), I've concluded they are grommets improperly used as gaskets. Unfortunately none were of usable sizes for a shisha.

Can we just call them gromskets from now on and giggle if a vendor starts marketing them as such?

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 14 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those cloth things that you stick on notebook pages, so the holes of the paper don't rip out? Those are grommets.

Actually, I do believe the proper terminology for them is "paper assholes".

That's just to fucked up. Why would someone want to edit Eric's post. Oh, and don't you have to be a mod or admin to do that? I'd be pissed if I was a highly respected moderator or Admin that had his or her posts edited by another. That's definitely pretty messed. Looks to me like there's a rat lurking around here? ban.gif

ya,,it appears a former mod or guest mod messed with his posts.

Unfortunate but we are taking steps to safeguard against it in the future.

I say grommet or rubber. sorry if it's incorrect, and I'll admit it is by the disctionary definition, but im of the opinion that if everyone knows what you are talking about, which word is used is less important.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I say grommet or rubber. sorry if it's incorrect, and I'll admit it is by the disctionary definition, but im of the opinion that if everyone knows what you are talking about, which word is used is less important.

lol i call it a rubber too mush, i dont see a difference in calling it a grommet or gasket, its all the same to me

QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 12 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can safely say it wasn't me....I logged 90% of the edits I made, glad I did now too. The other 10% were from when I was in a hurry and forgot to click the box...but you can clearly tell this was not a hurried job....

The Grommet thing is correct with most hookah applications. But in the Chinese hookahs most screw together models have a flat white rubber gasket that seals the base to the stem.. I think it more resembles a gasket compared to the grommets in the wiki pics at least. Just throwing that out there for arguments sake. Also we know not really to trust wiki that much as someone can go edit it to favour there end of the debate...

• 1 year later...
[center][size="3"]:: Topic Closed - Illegal Drug Discussion ::[/size][/center]

These forums are for ONLY for the discussion of hookahs, and smoking tobacco out of them. We do not allow ANY discussion on illegal drug use, either with the hookah, or any other device. As such this topic is now closed due to its content. Any members that bring up this topic again will be warned, and if continued can result in a suspension or a ban.