Ok, Thats It!

QUOTE (fcbayern @ Jul 15 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Its_A_Gasket @ Jul 15 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stop the Madness!

Happy now? lamsey_woot3.gif

WAIT A MINUTE... Eric is that you back there?

Seriously now, we all know different cutures have different names for the same item. I call it a bathroom (even though most times there is no bath in it) and other people call it a water closet and still others say the "loo". You might call the greatest game in the world, soccer, but I (along with the rest of the world) call this football. We here in the states call the water pipe (another name) a Hookah, while in most of Europe and the Arab world they call it THE SHISHA, Well know it is also called Narghile in Turkey..

SO my point here is call it what you will... It will still be a

GROMMET!

lol_hitting.gif Guess which one of these two smileys is ERIC,,,

Borat calls a bathroom a "where you go shit in the hole" laugh.gif Edited by newjacksm

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (newjacksm @ Jul 15 2009, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (fcbayern @ Jul 15 2009, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Its_A_Gasket @ Jul 15 2009, 06:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stop the Madness!

Happy now? lamsey_woot3.gif

WAIT A MINUTE... Eric is that you back there?

Seriously now, we all know different cutures have different names for the same item. I call it a bathroom (even though most times there is no bath in it) and other people call it a water closet and still others say the "loo". You might call the greatest game in the world, soccer, but I (along with the rest of the world) call this football. We here in the states call the water pipe (another name) a Hookah, while in most of Europe and the Arab world they call it THE SHISHA, Well know it is also called Narghile in Turkey..

SO my point here is call it what you will... It will still be a

GROMMET!

lol_hitting.gif Guess which one of these two smileys is ERIC,,,

Borat calls a bathroom a "where you go shit in the hole" laugh.gif

LOL the same thing popped in my head as soon as i read that, just a lil to slow.

Oh and to clear up the air on that wiki refference about it not being accurate......Wikipedia is no longer user submitted information so yeah its accurate.
Either way idc as long as it hold my bowl, hose, and stem in place.

Well... WTF, HS, OMFG, ROTFLMAO, YMMY!

If it involves a head then it's a gasket. If it
involves a wire (ie a hose) then it's a grommet!!!

After all of this I think I have to finally open up
my STILL soapy smellin' Soex Pan Rasna Hookah.gif

+2 to Eric for a great "rant" and the most I've
seen him post in one sitting!

Way to take a stand, Sonthert! I agree. 9 out of 10 engineers agree. It is a gasket.

(The 10th engineer is the one that got his nuts bitten by the squirrel. If you haven't seen this comercial, then please disregaurd my momentary insanity.)

I'm going to make a proposal -- everyone on this forum will acknowledge the proper term to be gasket in exchange for another round of minis. I think I speak for everyone when I say that's reasonable.

QUOTE (wilarseny @ Jul 15 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to make a proposal -- everyone on this forum will acknowledge the proper term to be gasket in exchange for another round of minis. I think I speak for everyone when I say that's reasonable.

no doubt, as long as i get in on this one, and get a real mini mini. hell, i'll call it a sperm if i get a tiny mini.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jul 15 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (wilarseny @ Jul 15 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no doubt, as long as i get in on this one, and get a real mini mini. hell, i'll call it a sperm if i get a tiny mini.

...This is a great idea.. Eric.. thoughts?

Well... okay. My parents own an auto repair shop so I've been submersed in it's jargon for just over 2 decades now.

Functionally, it is indeed a gasket if we are only discussing air/fluid retention. However, a grommet is essentially a rubber part that acts as a liason between other parts.

By this rationale, I'm seeing a lot of gray area. I don't think it's as clear cut. But... ya know.

Ultimately...

who gives a fuck? wink.gif

Somebody mentioned a condom. Good one. Ironically, a condom is a gasket.

Too bad more women aren't in this. From a similar concept, I'm sure they would agree, from their personal experience, its more of a gasket than a grommet. I don't know too many women that enjoy the grommet function a lot as much as appreciate the gasket function.

tongue.gif

Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Grommet. Not Gasket. Not a Gasket. Grommet. Not a Gasket. Grommet. Not a Gasket.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 15 2009, 04:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jul 14 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i once read that 71% of information on wikipedia is false, I wouldn't reference it.
besides http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/view...p?idCategory=33
my reference is more credible in the world of shisha than yours is.

Really? Sami wanted me to do a blog for Hookah-Shisha to help educate their customers.

Gasket.

This is a Middle-Eastern dominated business. the industry still calls galvanized steel "stainless steel". There might me a small problem relying on Arab-English translations in any matter. smile.gif

Its translated "Nirosta" and now I know why :
http://www.nirosta.de/Home.1.0.html?&L=1
The super gigantic company in Germany is "Nirosta" and they call it stainless steel. Never argue facts with Germans, they know what they're talking about. "Facts". "Opinions" is a matter of .....opinion.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jul 16 2009, 06:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 16 2009, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Somebody mentioned a condom. Good one. Ironically, a condom is a gasket.

but it protects my junk from getting damaged, thus it's a grommet. empathy.gif

Yeah I make the seal. The condom protects against damage. Grommet for me. Maybe gasket for Eric? mocking.gif

QUOTE (wilarseny @ Jul 15 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please...Please...Please yahoo.gif

Wow, I'm gone from hookah forum for 3 days and I come back to Eric blowing his load on a word play. Another of many reasons why I like hookah forum. On topic, it is a gasket. I associate gaskets with car engines though, why, I can only venture a guess that I must have paid too much attention when one of my coworkers and I rebuilt his yota 4cyl engine.