Homemade Hookah

obeyfluffy

sooooo, i wanted to make a hookah for a long time.
and at this party with my friend i saw this candle holder and i was just like
YESSSSSS
and so we stole it, because this kid whos house we were at is a douche bag and didnt know how to throw a rave.
and then today, right before having people over, i found a used fishbowl nobody cared about
soooo, i cleaned the fishbowl out with ammonia, then dish detergent, then i pulled out the candle holder, scraped as much wax out as i could with a coat hanger, then poured a ton of boiling water through it to get any remaning wax to melt out.
i drilled a hole in the base of the candle holder and fashioned a valve and a stem out of a couple aluminum cans.
i pulled the rubber pieces of of another hookah of mine, as well as the bowl and hose.
found a way to get it all together without using any kind of glue
just some electrical tape where the bowl meets the stem. because that wont get hot enough to release fumes and kill me, right?
hopefully at least.
it smokes really well, but if anyone has suggestions that would help in making it more airtight or anything please let me know.
now that i have it assembled for the most part i plan on decking it out for a nice steampunk look, which was my first thought for a hookah and i just happened to be lucky enough to stumble accross the neccessary componets to assemble it.
[attachment=3838:steampun...ookahdiy.jpg]

QUOTE (obeyfluffy @ Jul 12 2009, 05:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sooooo, i wanted to make a hookah for a long time.
and at this party with my friend i saw this candle holder and i was just like
YESSSSSS
and so we stole it, because this kid whos house we were at is a douche bag and didnt know how to throw a rave.
and then today, right before having people over, i found a used fishbowl nobody cared about
soooo, i cleaned the fishbowl out with ammonia, then dish detergent, then i pulled out the candle holder, scraped as much wax out as i could with a coat hanger, then poured a ton of boiling water through it to get any remaning wax to melt out.
i drilled a hole in the base of the candle holder and fashioned a valve and a stem out of a couple aluminum cans.
i pulled the rubber pieces of of another hookah of mine, as well as the bowl and hose.
found a way to get it all together without using any kind of glue
just some electrical tape where the bowl meets the stem. because that wont get hot enough to release fumes and kill me, right?
hopefully at least.
it smokes really well, but if anyone has suggestions that would help in making it more airtight or anything please let me know.
now that i have it assembled for the most part i plan on decking it out for a nice steampunk look, which was my first thought for a hookah and i just happened to be lucky enough to stumble accross the neccessary componets to assemble it.
[attachment=3838:steampun...ookahdiy.jpg]

What kind of metal is that candlestick made out of ?

Yeah I agree, don't steal shit, if someone is kind enough to have a bunch of people over, even it's for a shitty party, thats not grounds to steal their shit. If its a shitty party, just dont go, dont ruin it for others. Morals aside, I think it turned out pretty well, gj!

you dont have to condone my actions.
i mean in not normally the type to go around stealing shit. usually i am very opposed to it.
but this kid was just suuuuuuch an asshole that at the time i almost couldnt help myself
im almost positive that the candleholder is brass.

Great thread. I'll put this with "I stole a fork from a restaurant thread". They'll match...like candlesticks.

ObeyFluffy - Dude, if you want to steal candlesticks, pens and condoms, thats your journey, just don't feel the need to tell us all. Some people 'round here don't condone theft, some people don't care, you'll start a whole big issue by telling people about it...so use good judgment. You could have left that part out. So, for future threads, be good enough to spare the details of where you scrounged your materials. If you want to start a controversy and get people upset, do it somewhere else.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jul 14 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great thread. I'll put this with "I stole a fork from a restaurant thread". They'll match...like candlesticks.

ObeyFluffy - Dude, if you want to steal candlesticks, pens and condoms, thats your journey, just don't feel the need to tell us all. Some people 'round here don't condone theft, some people don't care, you'll start a whole big issue by telling people about it...so use good judgment. You could have left that part out. So, for future threads, be good enough to spare the details of where you scrounged your materials. If you want to start a controversy and get people upset, do it somewhere else.

well since I'm writting this, I guess this means I'm not getting banned dance.gif

Why cant I be more politically correct like ERIC..Well Said..

i honestly didnt even think people would freak in me at all like that.
but i dont particularly care, we all make good choices.
i find the story interesting and no one that ive told it to thus far has called me out on the theft.
i guess its just one of those things.

if my intention was to start controversy, i doubt i would start it off with: so i stole this candlestick...

QUOTE (obeyfluffy @ Jul 14 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i honestly didnt even think people would freak in me at all like that.
but i dont particularly care, we all make good choices.
i find the story interesting and no one that ive told it to thus far has called me out on the theft.
i guess its just one of those things.

Well, it's obviously subjective. You're essentially comparing moral outlooks.

QUOTE (obeyfluffy @ Jul 14 2009, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if my intention was to start controversy, i doubt i would start it off with: so i stole this candlestick...

It doesn't really matter if it was your intention..

You (like so many other spoiled/out-of-touch/selfish/generally harmful characters) make hippies at large look bad.

I hope someone steals your tired dreads in your sleep.

A - I think stealing is silly for the most part.

but

B - I think everyone is overreacting and there is no need to be all agressive, that makes you look like a fool imo.

C - Pipe looks cool man, If you could tidy up the seal and switch the hose port to some sort of brass plumbing dojiggy it'd be sweet. I like the round vase.

thanks for all the comments, wether or not i agree with them,
the main point of me posting this here was to get some criticism on the HOOKAH.
but yeah. the seal is the main thing i was looking for a solution or alternative method of getting a seal
using electrical tape every time i smoke it is a hassle

leave my dreads outta this.

California Penal Code 484 - Burglary:

484. (a) Every person who shall feloniously steal, take, carry,lead, or drive away the personal property of another, or who shallfraudulently appropriate property which has been entrusted to him orher, or who shall knowingly and designedly, by any false orfraudulent representation or pretense, defraud any other person ofmoney, labor or real or personal property, or who causes or procuresothers to report falsely of his or her wealth or mercantile characterand by thus imposing upon any person, obtains credit and therebyfraudulently gets or obtains possession of money, or property orobtains the labor or service of another, is guilty of theft. Indetermining the value of the property obtained, for the purposes ofthis section, the reasonable and fair market value shall be the test,and in determining the value of services received the contract priceshall be the test. If there be no contract price, the reasonableand going wage for the service rendered shall govern. For thepurposes of this section, any false or fraudulent representation orpretense made shall be treated as continuing, so as to cover anymoney, property or service received as a result thereof, and thecomplaint, information or indictment may charge that the crime wascommitted on any date during the particular period in question. Thehiring of any additional employee or employees without advising eachof them of every labor claim due and unpaid and every judgment thatthe employer has been unable to meet shall be prima facie evidence ofintent to defraud.

^^^^
thats what you did mr.stinky fingers.

no more breaking the law kid!! or it's the big house for you good.gif jk smile.gif

QUOTE (714xDGAFxKING @ Jul 18 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

California Penal Code 484 - Burglary:

484. (a) Every person who shall feloniously steal, take, carry,lead, or drive away the personal property of another, or who shallfraudulently appropriate property which has been entrusted to him orher, or who shall knowingly and designedly, by any false orfraudulent representation or pretense, defraud any other person ofmoney, labor or real or personal property, or who causes or procuresothers to report falsely of his or her wealth or mercantile characterand by thus imposing upon any person, obtains credit and therebyfraudulently gets or obtains possession of money, or property orobtains the labor or service of another, is guilty of theft. Indetermining the value of the property obtained, for the purposes ofthis section, the reasonable and fair market value shall be the test,and in determining the value of services received the contract priceshall be the test. If there be no contract price, the reasonableand going wage for the service rendered shall govern. For thepurposes of this section, any false or fraudulent representation orpretense made shall be treated as continuing, so as to cover anymoney, property or service received as a result thereof, and thecomplaint, information or indictment may charge that the crime wascommitted on any date during the particular period in question. Thehiring of any additional employee or employees without advising eachof them of every labor claim due and unpaid and every judgment thatthe employer has been unable to meet shall be prima facie evidence ofintent to defraud.

^^^^
thats what you did mr.stinky fingers.

no more breaking the law kid!! or it's the big house for you good.gif jk smile.gif

Did you mean sticky? lol