Nakhla Tutorial

QUOTE (chinodos @ Aug 19 2009, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you had the same problem I had been having before with Nak. I was skimping on the tobacco because I didn't want to use so much at one time. Just remember you can use that unbaked tobacco on the bottom next time, as long as next time is not more than a week or so. I reuse unbaked tobacco all the time and it still comes off great.

I definitely didn't skimp, it was packed pretty tight. I tried to use some "good" shisha that was left in the bowl one time and it was so nasty that I never attempted it again. But I'll give it another shot.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 19 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use one layer of foil, nakhla is a high heat tobacco, it likes heat. 2 layers makes the tobacco harder to heat.

Pack it right below the rim, when it is packed down it should be just a hair below the rim.

Will do on the foil. Hmmm, it was below the rim, maybe 1/8th of an inch or the tiniest bit more. Nothing was touching the foil. But I'll go higher next time, I'll go for that hair's width. It will expand and hit the foil on it's own? I don't need to make sure it's touching the foil?

Sorry, I need things explained oh so clearly to me.

Thanks for all the help!

correct, it will expand and reach the foil on its own. The key is making sure there is no air pockets, you want all of the shisha compacted tightly so there is no air in the bowl, just tightly packed shisha.

also how many coals and what brand on what size bowl? you said you used a medium tang bowl or am i thinking of another thread?

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 19 2009, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this thread is in my sig, i'd be down to make a nak wiki if everyone wants it. I have a few diff methods i use depending on what im in the mood for ... if you guys really want it, i'll do it.

sounds great..but to be honest i was saying to myself yesterday this thread should be pinned on top..yes i often talk to myself..lol

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 19 2009, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha, nothing wrong with that, I don't think the mods will be willing to make it a sticky though.

they should it would help alot of people..i passed this link to my brother and his girl and they said in the 2 years of smoking nakhla this was there best session using this exzact method..

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 19 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh, that makes me happy to hear that!

I just have to reply again on this. I used this method with Tropicana and OMG! You can taste the sourness of the grapefruit but still get all the flavor of the grapefruit and the pineapple. Amazing! I love you.....

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 19 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
correct, it will expand and reach the foil on its own. The key is making sure there is no air pockets, you want all of the shisha compacted tightly so there is no air in the bowl, just tightly packed shisha.

also how many coals and what brand on what size bowl? you said you used a medium tang bowl or am i thinking of another thread?

I'm using a medium Phunnel bowl that I got from The Hookah Store, it didn't say anything about Tangiers. I guess it's pretty generic. Heck, for all I know it's a small one, there was very little info on it and they don't carry it anymore. Based on what I'd read about them, though, I figured it was a medium.

I was using three Shishaco coals until it got good and warmed up, then was able to back off to two.

Okay, I'll try again. No air pockets. Make sure it touches the foil. But how do you keep the foil from plugging your Phunnel's hole? Is the shisha that high, I guess?

medium phunnel (which i almost never use), 2 cocos split into halves, going strong, loving the DA.

Thanks brotha.

QUOTE (Genie @ Aug 19 2009, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm using a medium Phunnel bowl that I got from The Hookah Store, it didn't say anything about Tangiers. I guess it's pretty generic. Heck, for all I know it's a small one, there was very little info on it and they don't carry it anymore. Based on what I'd read about them, though, I figured it was a medium.

I was using three Shishaco coals until it got good and warmed up, then was able to back off to two.

Okay, I'll try again. No air pockets. Make sure it touches the foil. But how do you keep the foil from plugging your Phunnel's hole? Is the shisha that high, I guess?

You can try cracking your coals so you wont have to light up 3 then drop down to two. Maybe try 2 shishacos split in half or use 2.5 coals (5 halves)

Don't worry about it blocking your phunnel hole, it won't. it will rise straight up and stick to the foil before it changes direction and goes over the phunnel hole.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Aug 19 2009, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
medium phunnel (which i almost never use), 2 cocos split into halves, going strong, loving the DA.

Thanks brotha.

werd

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Aug 19 2009, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks brotha.

How can you smoke in a medium phunnel with 4 halves ...
I tried so many times to get it work ...

I use 3 Coco and i'm " okay "

QUOTE (mattarios2 @ Aug 19 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
crack the cocos in half ... it makes a world of a difference.

then get back to us

That's what I do ...
I use to smoke Nak for about 3years now ...

And seriously, my method is a tight packing and 3 Coco's ...
And with that, great clouds and taste

So i dunno why i am complaining about that ... hahaha

QUOTE (c-f0o @ Aug 20 2009, 02:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i was wondering is it okay to mix nakhla with wetter shisha such as af/sb? maybe like a 80/20 mixture (nakhla/af|sb).

I mix Nakhla and AF all the time, they do really well if blended well. But I've certainly never tried it with this type of packing!

QUOTE (Genie @ Aug 19 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oooops! I lied! This is my phunnel, got it at hookah-Shisha and it's supposedly large. Makes sense, I packed a ton of Nakhla from a 50 gram box into it when I tried this packing technique the other night, there wasn't much left. I think of it as medium or small because I usually do the light and fluffy pack and it doesn't seem to hold much when you do that. Especially if you use the "tea light" "scalli" mod. Which I'm proud to say I haven't needed in a long time.

QUOTE (Frankay @ Aug 19 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks brotha.

The first round I used 3 and it was too harsh, tried halves and it worked great. The only problem was that after about 3-3.5 hours of smoking I still had half the bowls worth of tobacco left but I had to go to bed.

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Aug 20 2009, 08:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Frankay @ Aug 19 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks brotha.

The first round I used 3 and it was too harsh, tried halves and it worked great. The only problem was that after about 3-3.5 hours of smoking I still had half the bowls worth of tobacco left but I had to go to bed.

Damn 3hours ... I'm tired after 1hour of smoking ahah !
Last night i smoke in my phunnel DA + Cinnamon + 3 Cocos

That was very good ! First time i mix these flavors ! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...