Espn College Football Pickem Group

Tyler

Pickem group  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join?

• Yes
    • No

Kind of sucks that Cincinnati dropped in the BCS even though they won by a lot and USC moved up to 5 even with a loss to Washington ffs.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Oct 26 2009, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kind of sucks that Cincinnati dropped in the BCS even though they won by a lot and USC moved up to 5 even with a loss to Washington ffs.

Funny how everyone seems to forget that lost. It would be a shame if they got to the national championship over an undefeated Iowa.

Meh, out of all the undefeated teams, I would still pull for Cincinnati over Iowa, but Iowa will lose to Ohio St anyways so it won't matter much, still thinking it'll be Cinci vs Bama in the BCS

Cinci plays in a BCS conference, TCU does not. Cinci has played:
Rutgers, who bowled last year
Oregon St who almost beat USC at home
USF when they were undefeated and ranked
UWV will be ranked when they play them and win
Pitt will be ranked when they play them and win
Illinois from the Big 10

So, if Cinci runs the table, they'll have beaten 8 teams who went bowling last year, at least 4 ranked teams, and teams from 5 different conferences.

Are they still going to win those games without Pike though? Haven't really seen their backup play much, but can he take them the rest of the way?

Their backup played in the last 2 games tongue.gif And look at their win margins still lol Cincinnati is a great TEAM, insert QB and win.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Oct 26 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cinci plays in a BCS conference, TCU does not. Cinci has played:
Rutgers, who bowled last year
Oregon St who almost beat USC at home
USF when they were undefeated and ranked
UWV will be ranked when they play them and win
Pitt will be ranked when they play them and win
Illinois from the Big 10

So, if Cinci runs the table, they'll have beaten 8 teams who went bowling last year, at least 4 ranked teams, and teams from 5 different conferences.

and they will still be behind a one loss usc team. Not really fair but that's the way the BCS rolls.

Did I call that Oregon game or did I call it? Hint: loook 5 posts up, I called it tongue.gif

Just saw sportscenter with the highlights of the Cal/Ore. St. game and that Jahvid Best hurdle into the endzone was brutal. Hope it was just a concussion and nothing more serious (although that's serious enough).

Add another beaten ranked team to UC's record. How many ranked teams has UF beaten with their #68 strength of schedule? That would be 1, LSU. Number 1 team my ass.

Wanted to get this on the record, I had Arizona picked and last night at the last minute switched to Oregon. I'm disappointed in myself, being from Tucson, even if Oregon does pull it off.

• 2 weeks later...
Well the season's game is over, Jeff T and Woodie tied for 1st. If you would please get in contact with them to ship them their prizes it would be awsome. As the 3rd place winner I opt to keep my submission for myself. The prize breakdowns will be as follows:

Since 7 people continued throughout the season:
1: 3
2: 3
3: 1
4-7: 0

Origonally it was going to be
1:4
2:2
3:1
4-7:0

but there was a tie for first.

Woot! I'm in desperate need of some shisha and even some coals, so hopefully this will help out. This was very fun and I'd def be down to do this again, or with any other pick'em type thing ESPN does.

Yeah I had fun too it's too bad everyone who wasn't winning isn't participating but you bet if they had won they'd be bitching about no one giving up the prizes. Next time I'm requiring everyone to send me their submission before the same starts or they'll be kicked out. Sorry man :-\