Espn College Football Pickem Group

Tyler

Pickem group  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you join?

• Yes
    • No

Well the only reason I'm saying that is because Alabama will lose to Florida, who will lose to LSU, who will lose to Alabama, knocking out 3 people from the SEC. Texas will lose to Oklahoma or Oklahoma State. Penn St. will lose to Illinois or Ohio State, maybe Micigan. If Cincinnati runs the table they look better in the computers than a Pac-10 team and Ole Miss. If Miami runs the table they are automatic bids to the Title because of their #1 S.O.S.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good explanation to me. Texas vs. Ok with or w/o Bradford? I haven't really heard for sure, at least yet, but do you know if ND will be playing with Clausen this weekend?

ND has clausen and OU gets bradford back next week "supposedly" which means they're keeping him for anti-Miami, which won't work.

Guess Ole Miss was a little overrated... Other than the 4th qtr. didn't look to good (still weren't great there either). Edited by Jeff_T

I think it was a combination of Ole miss being overrated and S.Car being underrated. I had them picked for the upset, as did like 90% of people so it wasn't a huge suprise. This makes NC STate look a bit better from the opener though.

I'm assuming you're talking about PSU. As of right now, I'm pulling for PSU to beat Iowa but Iowa could very well kick us in the face. I want Michigan to win because I have tickets to the OSU Mich game this year tongue.gif Illinois will be much harder than you want to admit, ask OSU on that one.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Sep 25 2009, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm assuming you're talking about PSU. As of right now, I'm pulling for PSU to beat Iowa but Iowa could very well kick us in the face. I want Michigan to win because I have tickets to the OSU Mich game this year tongue.gif Illinois will be much harder than you want to admit, ask OSU on that one.

that was last years team well when we beat both teams, you can see scUM and osu play for the rosebowl bid wink.gif

Nah, PSU and Michigan will decide the Rose Bowl, PSU's schedule is too weak to compare to other top 10 teams' for the title this year, gotta love those computer rankings eh? tongue.gif

I think OSU pulls it out their ass and somehow wins the Big 10, Michigan in 2nd, PSU 3rd.

I'm still thinking a Miami vs Cincinnati title game is in the works. THat could all very well change this week or next week with Miami @VT then hosting Oklahoma.

QUOTE (FSUReligionMan @ Sep 25 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, PSU and Michigan will decide the Rose Bowl, PSU's schedule is too weak to compare to other top 10 teams' for the title this year, gotta love those computer rankings eh? tongue.gif

I think OSU pulls it out their ass and somehow wins the Big 10, Michigan in 2nd, PSU 3rd.

I'm still thinking a Miami vs Cincinnati title game is in the works. THat could all very well change this week or next week with Miami @VT then hosting Oklahoma.

you realize the asininity of that comment right? that would mean that osu would have to beat michigan and penn state and michagan would also have to beat penn state and to top it off cinci is in the big Least. their hardest game is usf. penn state has ohio state, michigan and iowa. a those 3 teams are better than any big east team. dont forget msu, they might not be good but they always put up a fight

USF also plays FSU and Miami. Miami has the 1st hardest schedule and FSU has the 4th or 6th depending on whose list you look at. That gives USF many more points, and if Cinci beats them, they get extra points for that. OSU PSU and Mich all have 3 "point games" each while Cinci has 7.

wait so if cinci beats usf and they lose to fsu and miami its better than beating a 1 loss osu and a at the time 0 loss michigan and an eventually 2 loss? who plays who you play does matter but not that much. like you can say that osu played usc and michigan played ND (lol amirite?) and i didnt even look at their schedules

I'm saying if Cinci beats USF, then USF beats Miami or FSU then Cinci get bonus points on top of having a tought shed plus getting bonus points based on how USF does the rest of the season. I never said I liked how it works, but thats how the computer rankings work for the BCS, hence why Utah didn't get the BCS title or Texas last year. T-Tech has the weaker sched and beat Texas taking their points down by a higher average than Texas beating OU because Texas' sched was harder than TTechs and OU beat TTech getting the bonus points from TTech and Texas. It's weird, I know. :-\

Because I'm bored of waiting for the games to start, lets pick the winners for most of the games today:

12:00ish games winners:
Cincinnati
Georgia Tech
Michigan
Florida State
Wisconsin
Mississippi State

3:00ish games winners:
Wake Forest
Air Force
Arkansas
NC State
Miami
Ohio State
Clemson
Maryland
Oregon
Central Michigan

Late games winners:
BYU
Florida [sigh]
Arizona State
Auburn
Louisville
Stanford
Texas Tech
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand
Iowa.

USF is a Florida school, they have just as much speed and talent as FSU Miami and Florida do. They wern't #2 2 years ago for no reason.

Look at a few posts up where I say if usf beats fsu what it'll do to Cincinnati look for Cincinnati in the top 10 next week because of usf

This was an awful week of picks. I would have almost been better not picking any games. At least ND won and BSU is goin strong. WTF Cal, Miami...